Register now to get rid of these ads!

??? Anyone running Coker Classic WWW radials?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brewton, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Brewton

Brewton

I've seen these tires on a couple of cars, but I haven't talk to anyone who runs a set on their own cars. Anyone had any experience with these tires?
    To me they look like the most traditional looking radials on the market.

2. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I have had some in the past and the whitewalls have always turned yellowish brown. Just on thier radials, never had a problem with the bias plys. I like Diamond Backs, been running a set on my roadster off and on for a couple years and there still really nice. Gary

3. Custom54

Custom54

I'm running 4 Coker Classics on my 54 Chevy, and am very happy with them. The Firestones are also nice tires, but just a little taller and I needed the smallest 15" I could find, so I went with Coker Classic's.

[​IMG]

4. Brewton

Brewton

Are these radials?

5. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I have 2 sets. One is fine and the other does yellow a bit but I hit it with some of that tire white stuff (can't remember the name) and a scouring pad and they are good to go.

6. de-fenders

de-fenders

I've also got Coker Classics on my '31, so far so good!!Greg:cool:

7. Rolf

Rolf

Had mine several years, drives great. Unless you HAVE to have bias for the looks, it's the way to go:

[​IMG]

8. Hotrob

Hotrob
    from DFW, TX

I love em! Ain't cheap though.

Hotrob

Attached Files:

• dc_1.jpg
      dc_1.jpg
      File size:
      34.4 KB
      Views:
  9. 41 C28

41 C28

I have 2 sets with no problems, one set is 4 years old.

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

4 sets and no problems other than price.

11. Skirv

Skirv

My dad has a set on his car. The car has made several trips of 600 miles or more without any problems. The tires are approx 2 and a half years old and have not shown any signs of yellowing on the whitewalls.

12. Custom54

Custom54

No, byas ply.

13. Deluxe

Deluxe

Cokers are the most traditional-looking WWW radials on the market (that I have seen). If ride and longevity are high on your list too, then check out Diamondback's stuff. I have a set of their tires on my '39 Ford and I love them!

Deluxe

14. Some of the yellowing can be caused by tire cleaners that take away the natural oils in the rubber. Make sure to always use cleaners without bleach or silicone bases in them. I feel that our radials are the best looking and the only "True" white wall radial on the market.

If I can answer any questions be sure to ask.

15. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

Im Sure I Have Bought Six Sets From The White Wall Candy Store He Uses Dayton Tires Tried Coker Once Never Again, White Wall Candy Store Only Way To Go

16. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

WWW question- my local tire shop quoted me a mounted & balanced price of $312 a tire. Does that sound about right?? If so, there should be an additional W added to that for WOW!

17. Zombilly

Zombilly

I heard some bad things about Coker on the hamb like treads coming apart and such.
    I'm going here tomorrow and pick a full set of some other brand that are 3.5 WW for 120 each to fit the 15s on my 54 chevy.

T & R Tire Inc
    4426 Vine St
    Riverside, CA 92507
    (951) 684-8164

Its there at 14th and the 91 just south of RBC's

18. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Well find out who makes 'em and let me know!!

19. DBTires

DBTires
    from Conway, SC

Hello everyone, Tab Chapman from Diamond Back Classics here. Just wanted to let everyone know that our tires DO NOT turn yellow. With our tires, no longer will you have to spend extra time and money just to keep your tires clean. Bending down to scrub tires can be a real pain in the butt.

To everyone that isn't aware, there is no such thing as an original wide whitewall radial tire. Wide whitewalls ended their reign in the early 60's. Radial tires hit the U.S. in the mid 60's. All wide whitewall radials stem from an aftermarket design. No major tire manufacturer ever designed or engineered a wide whitewall radial. The difference in manufacturing techniques is only that they are different. Nobody can claim that you are getting the exact same tire that originally came on your car. That leaves only one important difference: the quality of the actual tire. Do your research. Find out who made the tire you are thinking of buying. Feel free to ask me any questions. I will provide you with facts.

20. Zombilly

Zombilly

They are Denman Classics I got Saturday and had the local tire fix-it place R&R them for 30 for the 4. And these have wider white walls then the candy store tires

21. Joe Nicholas

Joe Nicholas

Got some Denman Classics as well, from a local tire place. They're blemished (hardly anything noticeable) so came at $75 each, pleased so far. 1000 miles on em.

22. dope54

dope54

white wall candy store NEVER picks up the phone!

23. y block

y block
    from kcmo

how do bias look diffrent than radials? are radials preferred bc of safety and ride? how about price?

24. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

I ran a full set of new Cokers on my 32,after 2000 miles & many phone calls I replaced the fronts with Diamond Backs! Very happy The Cokers were out of round,could not balance. I am not the only one that has had this problem. Do your home work before blowing big $'s

25. teddyp

teddyp

I RUN COKER WWW RADIALS ON 2 CARS I HAD PROBLEMS IN THE PAST AND COKER SERVICE WAS GREAT THEY REPLACE THE TIRES THAT I HAD PROBLEMS WITH AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS SINCE I WOULD BUY THEM AGIAN :cool:

26. I have had them 3 years now on my roadster pickup, and as far as I am concerned they look and ride just great, and there is no yellowing apparent. I put about 3000 miles per summer on my pickup.

Attached Files:

27. jmn444

jmn444

my dad has had a set of the coker radials for a couple years... unfortunately the truck's still not done and they are still "new".... hopefully they are as nice as they look though!

28. Ramblur

Ramblur

Got a set on my Hudson from 1998. No idea on miles but they are
    holding up great and ride and drive very well too. Road trip last year
    from Tulsa to the Hamb drags was a couple hrs. cruising at 80mph
    in 100+ degree heat. Smooth as silk and still holding air very well.

29. I had some used radials on my 47 Plymouth for a few years (not www) and they did make the car ride and drive better. Replaced them with www bias ply Firestones from Coker.....those have been good tires for their type. Will consider going to the wide white radials when these need replacing. Thinking toward the Diamondbacks.
    These Firestone bias hold the white very well.
    [​IMG]