Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage First year of the Lonestar Roundup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KKrod, Jun 11, 2021.

1. KKrod

KKrod

Does anyone know the first year of the Lonestar Roundup? Just curious as I went the 2nd and I think it was 2002? I am trying to date some pictures.

2. “Since its beginning in 2002, the Lonestar Round Up has grown from a humble one-day outdoor car show hosted at an old football stadium to a sprawling weekend-long celebration of hot rods and custom cars for the people who build them, drive them, and just can't get enough of the music, art, history and creativity inspired by and created around them.”

3. kevinrevin

kevinrevin
    from East Texas

Here's something I saw a few weeks ago that leads you to believe the first one was in 2001...
    0525211029.jpg

4. Now those are two pictures I could see myself dating ;):D

Stogy likes this.

5. The cutie on the left says 2005 was the 4th one.
    So 2004 was the 3rd.
    2003 had to be the 2nd.
    And so 2002 must have been the 1st. :rolleyes: :cool:

6. The Boss would know but he's on vacation.......

KKrod likes this.
  7. KKrod

KKrod

If 2002 was the first year then I went in 2003 and my enjoyment of the hobby (life) was changed forever. Yes the Boss would know.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  8. kevinrevin

kevinrevin
    from East Texas

Maybe I need to go back to counting school. :oops:

Another pic from that same place...

Attached Files:

9. KKrod

KKrod

This year will be the 20th anniversary of the Roundup.

Tman and Stogy like this.
  10. I was at the first Round Up, my memory thinks it was 2001? Sure was different then vs now.

KKrod likes this.
  11. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

First year was 2002 and it was held at House Park Stadium right on the football field. Here is the artwork from the first annual by Von Franco who was so instrumental in helping us pull this 1st one off. If you have one of these posters hang onto it. It has become very collectible. Folks, that was quite a day for all of us that were there. It was the start of something special here in Austin, Texas. Can't wait to see every one finally this year Labor Day weekend Sept 2-5. 2002.jpg

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    stillrunners, kidcampbell71 and KKrod like this.
  12. Correct - this will be our 20th year since year one at House Park in 2002 - but the "19th Annual" since there was no show in 2020. We are squeezing this one in as a special summertime edition since we have been waiting so long.

KKrod and kidcampbell71 like this.