Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Corvette hot rods - picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Jan 1, 2011.

1. noboD

noboD

What's with all the tail lights?

enloe likes this.
  2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It is an Impala instead of a lowly bel air... and they go well with the shaved door handles, 58 buick grill, lowering blocks and pearl white tuck n roll....

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  3. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

You mean they didn’t come with 6 tail lights!?????

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. noboD

noboD

I understand, I'm just jealous.

5. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

7. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

October 1963 HOT ROD Magazine...car was just over one year old, too good. IMG_5209 (2).JPG

mkebaird, Deuces, jimdillon and 3 others like this.
  8. slowmotion

slowmotion

Deuces, 65pacecar and loudbang like this.
  9. jimdillon

jimdillon

McJim it would have been great if Narzinski could have won the Nationals in A/MSP as he had the car to do it. Not sure what happened. He ran at Indy in 62 when the car was virtually new (although he had salvaged it from a wreck I believe). Narzinski had been running mid 11s with the car prior to Indy but Parriott took home the A/MSP honors with his Cadillac powered Kurtis built special. Wonder what happened to the car.

loudbang, Deuces and 1934coupe like this.
  10. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

I do too...mid 11s with a 6-71 blown 401 in a 2600 pound car, must have not got much traction in those days.

11. jimdillon

jimdillon

I am amazed at how well some of these Vettes (and others) were able to post pretty impressive numbers with the narrow and hard (for the most part) tires. Even more impressive than Narzinski IMO was Earl Wade winning class and Street eliminator with Mike Lenke's A/SP stock 62 Vette with mid 12s at the 62 Winternationals.

12. Johnny99

Johnny99

61 and 62 Corvettes are my favorites by a long shot. Did not ever think I'd see one with whitewall's that would trip my trigger, but this car, WOW! Oh yeah the floor mats aint bad either! It's the packaging, the rake, pipes, triple taillights, color scheme, grill, and of course the tire and wheel combo. Mark you certainly have the "eye" brother. Have a nice weekend all.

chryslerfan55, 65pacecar and loudbang like this.
  13. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

wow! thanks man... ya know I probably de valued the car a ton with what I have done to it, but I never have been all that worried about how much something is worth. Having fun with cars is way more important to me. and this is a fun car!!!

14. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

I like your way of thinking. I've never put a car together worried about it's resell value. They've always been built to my liking.

15. Johnny99

Johnny99

Morning,
    You're welcome. Value schmalue. Don't wander the car shows like I used to but if I did a car like yours would stop me in my tracks, a super shiny restored C1, not so much.

chryslerfan55, Moriarity and loudbang like this.
  16. loudbang

loudbang

17. IMG_20210330_203723_029.jpg Progress on Bad Blood.

18. enloe, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  19. elgringo71

elgringo71

That one has come a long way since you bought it. Are you able to drive it yet?

20. elgringo71

elgringo71

21. noboD

noboD

I wonder if the Old Reliable is still around?

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  22. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

23. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

24. Deuces

Deuces

:D:rolleyes:

loudbang likes this.
  25. No not yet, getting ready to work on the wiring and fuel injection soon.

loudbang, Chuck Norton and elgringo71 like this.
  26. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

27. Chuck Norton

Chuck Norton
    from Division 7

loudbang and jimdillon like this.
  28. jimdillon

jimdillon

Chuck it is quite the saga and apparently Kevin Mackay is now in charge of the restoration. I am sure he will do an excellent job of bringing the car back to what it once was, in a sense. The frame may be original but not sure how much else. Will be a good deal to see it back in the Lemans livery. I have had people correct me on it being a restoration and more like a recreation but then again I feel that is better than the mess that it is now. Important to see how it once looked when it carried the colors at Lemans. It should be interesting to see how it comes together and the stories that may accompany it's journey back to race trim.

As to Doug's question on the "Old Reliable" Corvette, somewhere in my notes I have some info on that car-digging it up right now may be a task. Relying on my sometimes faulty memory but I seemed to remember it raced once or twice and they removed the lettering and put it back at the family (Ammon R. Smith) Chevrolet dealership. Probably sold it as a used car. May very well exist without the present owner knowing about it's history. Not much history in the scheme of things anyways I suppose. Still a cool car and if I owned it the lettering would go back on.