Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Speedway Motors=Disaster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Born 2 Loose, May 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

XXL>>>Flat piece of steel cut into a J shape. End bent the easy way to a 90. Done. Nothing inside your red circle gets bent. >>>

Agreed. That's why I said an 'el' (or 'jay' as you suggest) cut from flat plate like unistrut was needed.

2. Jay McDonald

Jay McDonald

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

What type of wrench was used on the pedal pad nut, 8-10 inch long combination or socket on a 2 foot barker bar and a jack handle?:rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused:

4. Did you even read it? Speedway is well known for cheeze factor. Couple that with somebody returning a modified part and it getting resold and you are playing Russian roulette

lemondana, Halfdozen, chopped and 2 others like this.
  5. Jay McDonald

Jay McDonald

yes, I read it, I guess I missed the part where it was a returned item.

6. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Good story, a couple of the links need to be updated, though.

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This thread pertains to the trustworthiness of speedway, right?

I thought my feature elaborated on that from a different angle.

Speedway has a very complicated past with customer relations, independent hot rod part manufacturers, and our market. Some of it absolutely positive and some of it a little darker.

8. 34Larry

34Larry

So Tman I'll admit I could be wrong, not knowing at all the fab methods of this part but if the pad mount was not designed to be welded, but bent, then that casts even a darker image on Speedway. IF they were modified, (which BTW I now agree with you on,), don't you think that there should be some one in receiving that knows good parts from bad or modified? By all indications it appears very likely that there is no one that knows anything about anything automotive receiving returned parts and just willy nilly routes them back to the warehouse for pulling of ordered parts. And.............for that matter when receiving my spreader bar that had weld student grade welding, TWICE, is just as obvious the order filling employees don't know squat diddly about good parts from bad either.
    I'm with Ryan on this one, I'm out. Sorry Speedway but if you want me for a consultant I have a life time of experience in REAL QUALITY parts and I work parts.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Tman likes this.
  9. Speedway isn't a small business, but I'll always support them. Some things you don't want to cheap out on. But for the most part, Speedway is the best option for me. Always comes down to price. You get what you pay for. But those pedals have been worked on. No doubt about it.

10. Wrench97

Wrench97

I wonder if it has to do with the expansion to a Arizona warehouse it 2019 and lack of oversight?

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

With no real data to go on… Safest bet is probably the most simple - human error. People screw up.

Hnstray, rockable, Halfdozen and 4 others like this.
  12. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

During a buisness day, 99 people do things right all day long. One person does something wrong. And that`s all that`s remember and talked about. .

13. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I recently had the necessity to speak to the tech line here in Arizona. I had spoken with "Jared" about wiring... The guy knew his products. Answered every question, gave some alternatives, took as much time as needed.

14. 1935ply

1935ply
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from peyton,co
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Those were cut, rewelded with no chamfer or penetration, then ground smooth.

15. Jay McDonald

Jay McDonald

16. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Didn't I read where this happened to the first pedal arm purchased? Then it also happened to the replacement that was sent? How anybody can excuse this is beyond me...

17. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

The point here is Speedway is being bashed for poor construction, when in actuality this part was most likely reworked by someone. The only thing we might blame Speedway for is not catching the rework. But considering it was smoothed and repainted, I'm not sure you could even blame them for not catching this?

18. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

No. It happened to the clutch pedal, and then the brake pedal. Which only proves both were modified to be equal length.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  19. twenty8

twenty8

Two things.................

Looks like the pedal set (both arms) were cut and rewelded. It would make sense that this was to shorten them. Check the length against original ones.

Pop into your local reputable welding/fabrication shop and get their opinion. They will be able to give you the story. Like the old saying, "Get it straight from the horses mouth".

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Hnstray likes this.
  20. Jay McDonald

Jay McDonald

I am questioning the OP not speedway at this point

Hnstray and low down A like this.
  21. twenty8

twenty8

I would think it unwise to question either at this stage. As I said above, have the parts inspected by reputable fabricators and get the truth of why they have failed before gunning for anyone. There may very well be other parties involved here (modifier ????). It baffles me why accusations are often made before the information 'leg-work' has been done.......

Hnstray likes this.
  22. Jay McDonald

Jay McDonald

I guess I was not thinking that it was speedway in question here myself

Hnstray likes this.
  23. Jay McDonald

Jay McDonald

I think it is the OP that should be in question here, not speedway at this point.

low down A and Tman like this.
  24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Oh boy… Here we go.

25. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

I think we already went...

VANDENPLAS and Budget36 like this.
  26. ......Yeah, We heard you the first time!:rolleyes:

Hnstray, VANDENPLAS and Budget36 like this.
  27. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Ryan, lock it up. It's obvious what happened, and will just get uglier from this point.

adam401 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I asked him to stop via PM… and he doubled down. That kind of shit bums me out man. I will never understand folks that treat the internet like that.

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

yes sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.