Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Best scene in American Graffiti

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38fordpickup, May 11, 2021.

1. 31Apickup

31Apickup

32Dan and Nicholas Coe like this.
  2. Deuces

Deuces

I went shopping with Mom Sunday right after breakfast... We hit the local Target in the neighborhood.. I ended up buying the Ford vs Ferrari dvd... :D
    I'll give it a watch this 3 day weekend...;)

3. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

My son likes to say that as a joke!

4. It is a phenomenal movie. I've seen it at the theater more times than I can remember. One of my favorite newer films.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Now that is super cool!!! Good job! I probably would have bought one of eBay but now I will not!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. Thanks. Last one on eBay sold for way more than I expected. The ones on eBay look pretty fake too.
    You should have seen my wife's face when I showed her that her "Milner" signed license was on eBay. Good times.

chryslerfan55, 31hotrodguy and Deuces like this.
  7. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We had a yard just east of there in Lakeville Substation. You can see the new Transmission line in the later picture. Know the road well. Tested a few cars out there in late 80's

8. At work, we refer to Ford vs Ferrari as “The Movie”. My favorite currant movie.

9. patsurf

patsurf

any real 'raisin' it is your fave?...

10. silent rick

silent rick

he did that so he could buy liquor for toad, you know, the hard stuff

11. Hell yeah!

12. Damn! That is a good excuse for my typo. Thanks!

chryslerfan55, 31hotrodguy and Deuces like this.
  13. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

Don't forget "The California Kid."

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  14. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

I know it was a made-for-TV movie. . . but still.
    4C2sQQIbQz6cQvl7V9oFGmSWD6x.jpg
    862_5f3aa080936df.jpg
    thecaliforniakid-race.jpg

15. Brenda & I went to the theater to see American Graffiti when it premiered here in Anderson and we really enjoyed the movie but the best part of the whole experience was when we left the theater and headed to our truck and there were a bunch of people standing around it, we had the only hot rod in the parking lot and several people thought it was a prop for the movie.

At that time there were a few hot rods around town. HRP

[​IMG]

16. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i was 14, about the same age as mackenzie phillip's character! and that's how it really was!

17. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

First time I saw AG was on the mess deck of a ship off the coast of Nam and not to many there cause nobody had heard of it. Once the word got out what it was about they showed it the next nite and it was standing room only.

54delray, sidewayzz69, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  19. Yeah the only one around that age in my family I believe was my great uncle, and he got drafted for nam later

20. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Back in the "olden dayz" I drove in a few demolition derbies and I always enjoyed seeing 55-57 Chevy's smashed beyond recognition...lol

21. Great story, good acting, cool cars. From the time I heard it announced, I put the release date in my phone. When the date finally arrived, I took my wife and son to see it, well worth the wait and cost. By the way, I didn’t catch my typo until I started thinking about your “raisin”. Good catch!

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  22. George

George

wow! that must have been a really early cell phone!:eek:

23. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

George, he was referring to F vs F.

Hey Andy, don't correct the "currant" or future generations won't get the "raisin" comment which is hilarious!

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  24. oh oh, looks like electric start on the trike with the wide glide
    no worrys, I love ag

25. I don't think this ones been covered yet " I was a dirty bird, Carols not grungy, she's bitchin"

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  26. or this one, during the sock hop, Curt and one of his ( former ) teachers walk the halls, the teacher tells some guys to "put it out!". and Curt says "IT?"
    we ( my buddys and I ) always figured they were smoking weed ( this is the way we remember it any way..)
    From( http://bloggingbycinemalight.blogspot.com/2020/07/dont-make-scene-american-graffiti.htm)
    They all giggle. Mr. Wolfe shrugs at Curt and heads for a door. Curt follows him and they escape from the girls into the night.
    OUTSIDE THE GYM:
    Curt and Mr. Wolfe come out of the gym. Mr. Wolfe sees a couple of guys skulking around in the shadows smoking cigarettes and laughing. The music has changed to "See You in September."
    [​IMG]

54delray, Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. Deuces

Deuces

:rolleyes:

28. tom feland

tom feland
    from Norman, OK

I like the scene where Milner was talking to Curt as he was talking about
    Leaving for college and says: “I’m staying here and hav’n fun as usual”
    That’s my motto....”Hav’n fun as usual!”

29. Anyone else man enough to admit they played out the scene where Falfa sings "Some Enchanted Evening" on a date in his hot rod?

Done it 3 times over the decades, TWICE with great success & once was a colossal flop! I should have known about that one...I think she pissed her pants when I "hit it" from a stop light, so I doubt she ever saw the movie!!!:p

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/