Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Inline 250 Triple Setup Help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krome, May 29, 2021.

1. krome

krome

I help help with setting up the linkage. What comes with the Offy kit doesn’t seem to work right as it puts the linkage on the other side. I can’t find any videos, photos etc.

I purchased 3 brand new Rochester 1B carbs, manifold has been coated by Jet Hot.

Once linkage is set I’ll work on fuel lines.

thx

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  2. greybeard360

greybeard360

A pic from the linkage side would help a bunch. What is it connecting to at the firewall? What does the Offy kit look like? You want progressive or all opening at one time?

Need more info.

3. No help...but that's a nice looking 6 cylinder!

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  4. krome

krome

added more photos

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is something like the original;[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If I remember correctly, there may have been an earlier version that went down to the side of the block and had a pivot there, where a rod went to the gas pedal. My memory is fuzzy today.

loudbang and mgtstumpy like this.
  6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This:
    [​IMG]
    Is this:
    [​IMG]
    It runs one carburetor. Whatever the linkage kit is, it needs to scale-out to two more carburetors.

loudbang likes this.
  7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

However, it does appear that there is no lug on the manifold to except the bellcrank.
    [​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  8. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If it were me, I would machine two 1" spacers, one for the center and front carburetors.

Then a third, for the rear carburetor, that extended forward, to recreate the missing lug.

This can be done with care, with a drill press, band saw, and belt sander. Polish or coat to taste.

Without seeing the Offy linkage, I cannot say how that is supposed to work for the other carburetors.

loudbang likes this.
  9. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The only other way out of this that I can think of is to get (or make, because they are uncommon) the adapters that rotate the carburetors 90º, putting the carburetor throttle arm on the valve cover side.
    [​IMG]
    Then using the two holes in it to attach an arm pointing up. The height of the adapters might get it clear of the manifold runners. If so, then a straight-line, or progressive linkage could be fabricated.

Hnstray and loudbang like this.
  10. Joe H

Joe H

Here is how I set mine up, it's a home made intake using mostly stock 250 parts. Three carb setup is using Rochester's off a Corvair, the green intake has twin Mono-jets, and the last is using twin Carter W-1's. The W-1's work the best. I used the same green intake powder coated black with adapters to fit the smaller W-1s.
    I used the stock pivot and made longer rods to reach the carburetors. The center link is bent so I could adjust for equal throttle opening. All mine work as one big carburetor, progressive linkage will lean out the cylinders when one one carb is being used.

Attached Files:

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There are three unused bolt bosses across the side of the plenum on his manifold. This leads me to believe that there is a linkage that might get attached there.

12. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those carbs stock pushed up from the bottom. The three carbs were tied together with a rod and the stock bell crank was mounted on a pin attached to the block which the foot feed pushed forward.
    Your foot feed obviously pulls back and your intake doesn’t have a boss to mount the bell crank you have.

I would try to replicate that boss and pin for your bell crank in front of the 3rd carb. It could bolt to either the rear of the middle or in front of the third on a bracket you will need to make. Once that’s done tie the three together and as you pull back with the firewall lever the bell will push up on the 3 tied carbs. You could also do all this with the 2 outer carbs off to make sure it does what you need. I agree with the responder saying you may need spacers too.

The photos of turning the carb around is also a way to do this in reverse. Remember this is hot rodding I just used a cable foot feed on 3-2’s on a GMC 6 inline with progressive. Probably not possible with the singles. Good luck.

loudbang likes this.
  13. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess that after 12-years I forgot to tell anyone that my name is Brian.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

jimmy six and loudbang like this.
  15. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Yes, ‘Brian’, I think that is true….I have read your posts for years, as you know, and this is the first time I ever saw your given name mentioned. ;)

Ray

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  16. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here’s another idea. Lots of arms and levers but worked great. F0FEB996-8FC8-4062-885F-29E1412B9DBB.jpeg 316578A0-DB1D-40D3-A0A7-21FF388E6B2F.jpeg

loudbang and Hnstray like this.