Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do y’all think of my 1932 roadster?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BrassMonkey1984, May 9, 2021.

?

1932 Roadster

Poll closed Jun 8, 2021.
  1. Yes

87.7%
  2. No

17.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KKrod

KKrod

Isky's T and the John Athan roadster are some of the earliest hot rods. They used the spring in front of the axle in order to lower the front and get hydraulic brakes. The front crossmember is moved forward accordingly to get the wheelbase they wanted.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  2. KKrod

KKrod

John Athan's roadster dash and gauges. This looks similar to your dash and gauges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. KKrod

KKrod

Bumping this thread up. Would sure like to see more pictures of your roadster.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  4. Cool car but I don't get the poll. HRP

KKrod likes this.
  5. kevinrevin

kevinrevin
    from East Texas

Don't change a thing.

Robert J. Palmer likes this.
  6. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Exactly!!!

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Traditionally awesome.

8. jimgoetz

jimgoetz

Here's my front end set up built in about 1950. Spring in front with split bones mounted in the original cross member. It does make the car look a little stubby this way but mine is a 27 on the 32 frame so the car is pretty short anyway. From the pictures of your car I would guess that the Spring is mounted in front of the cross member or the cross member was moved up. You have a real cool piece and the fact it was your Grandfathers makes it even better.

Attached Files:

hfh and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There you go. I vote yes.

10. Yes, but only after you straighten the front fenders...........

11. 97

What do I think about it? Same as I think of all 32 s, over rated, late model roadster. Just a fat heavy version of the real 28-9 Ford hot rod roadster.:cool::D It's not bad for a 32 though. What does the poll mean though ? Nothing?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Speedy Canuck likes this.
  12. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Congratulations!! A great period piece. My question is, what is YOUR hot rod background? An awful lot of the guys on the HAMB are strict traditionalists---as in---thats the way it was built in the day, leave it alone! Thats where the whats your YOUR hot rod backgound comes in. Are you new at this game? Have you ever had an early style hot rod? Can you do your own work? Do you know any hot rodders in your area? And probably the most important queation---What are YOUR ideas for the car? Whats your thoughts on the lowered headlights, the fenders, the spring in front of the axle? What ever you do, make the car safe to drive. Make sure the existing brakes function well, the steering play is acceptable and it's reasonably reliable. The HAMB is the greatest hot rod venue you'll ever find, stay with it AND KEEP US POSTED!! Bill Rinaldi

13. Who cares about todays standards? That car is totally bad ass! I wish more of todays cars were built true to the time period.

14. I don't like the smile on the Mona Lisa but I don't think or expect anyone to change it to suit my taste.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    SS327 likes this.
  15. Oh, don't get me wrong, it is a tough call. Most times I would say preserve as it was built.

Robert J. Palmer likes this.
  16. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

It's like Sally Field clutching her Oscar and giddily saying: "You like me... you really like me!"

17. the-rodster

the-rodster

He asked!

18. Didn’t mean for it to be a poll. This was my first post

Tim likes this.
  19. Classic I love it

20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You've got your grandpa's original hot rod.
    Wow.
    Nothing more to say.
    Most important is what you think of it. I hope you think a lot of it and enjoy it your whole life.
    Oh yeah... and welcome.

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  21. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats on being able to keep Grandpa's dream and memory alive. As you look the car over, you may find small details that you would like to redo ( especially safety items) . One thing I would do is to shorten the front spring so the shackles are about 40-45 deg. as Ford designed. This may require a reversed eye main leaf to not raise the front. It will make the car steer and handle better.

22. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

A thing of beauty ! Really miss mine that I let go Tom

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. Sounds to me like this "built in the '50's" car isn't quite "traditional" enough for some guys here.

SS327 and golferforpar like this.
  24. clem

clem

Didn’t you post a similar thread a couple of years back ?
    Same car etc ......?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  25. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

What he said!! Cool car. Grand Dad must have been a cool guy.

Stogy likes this.
  26. I did not.

loudbang likes this.
  27. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What’s the story on the picture of her with a Chevy in it? Evolved then , put back? Very cool ‘32!

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  28. My grandfather put the Chevy in it and I took it out. I just like it better with the Flathead

Stogy, loudbang and bowie like this.
  29. dwollam

dwollam

Good on you! Is it the flathead he had in it before or a replacement? I would have done that too.

Dave

30. I don’t know what happened to the one he had. I got this one out of a 51 Ford truck that they did an LS swap.