Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage New Swap Meet in the Pacific Northwest

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nosford, May 24, 2021.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

A small meet but I've had luck finding desirable items at the smaller ones.
    One year at Rickreall a guy had a 40(ish) Willys coupe project, talk about a shock to see.
    Haven't beat the swap meet trail for a number of years but pretty much have hit all of the ones in Oregon as well as a handful in Washington since the mid 70's.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  2. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Thanks for posting this! I haven't been to a swap for quite some time and this one is just too close to me to pass up.

3. I too have found many items here in the past, the organizer is trying to see how much pent up demand there is with Portland swap meet and many others being canceled. He has rented the fairgrounds for two extra months and I would like to see it be successful, I am hankering for a swap meet!

chryslerfan55 likes this.

4. Cool - hope you guys have fun and find some treasures you need !

5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Went to Vancouver Bolt first Sat. this month and was shocked at the turnout of vendors and buyers for that usually tiny swap meet! Didn't find anything, but it was great to be there and see friends again!
    I'll definitely hit Rickreall swap meet this June date! If the weather is good it will give me an excuse for a road trip in one of the hotrods.

Bandit Billy and nosford like this.
  6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was there shopping and it was very busy! I got a few trinkets I couldn't live without...ish

7. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

Anymore Oregon swap meets coming up this year?

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The one that the Model A club puts on in Yakima in June has been canceled for this year. It's a small swap meet that usually has some interesting parts.

9. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That one is 369 Pretty serious miles from me.

11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Did you go on Saturday or Sunday , Billy ?I went Sunday and bought two 4 speed Hurst shifters , a clutch/ brake pedal/ bracket assembly and a bin full of frame and engine mounts . Some new and some used. Seen some prime empty spaces and twiddling my thumbs on wether to haul a truck and trailer load up there.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  12. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

The guy I bought the Hurst shifters from had a prewar Roof two carb flathead intake for $1,000 but would take $900 .

13. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went Saturday morning, saw @Pist-n-Broke and @Marty Strode , it was nice just seeing people out and about. I bet there was more hand shaking than money trading going on.