Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Reno (Sparks) Nevada

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tacson, May 20, 2021.

1. Tacson

Tacson

Hello gang,

Work will have me in the Reno area next Monday 5/24 until Thursday 5/27.

I saw one cruise in Wednesday evening at a A&W root beer restaurant. Any other cruise ins, pull a parts, places with classic 1953-56 Ford F100s flowing over in abundance (I can dream right???, LOL) in that area I might be able to see????

2. The Harrah's Car Collection is in Reno. Last time I was there (work, NAS Fallon) they had an Ed Roth car in the entry foyer.
    https://automuseum.org/

3. jaracer

jaracer

What's left of the Harrah collection is in the museum in Reno. The original collection was enormous. I was lucky enough to see the original collection in the early 70's. It was in multiple large buildings just outside of town.

With that said, the Reno museum is still worth a visit. One of the cars I like is the Flying Caduceus LSR car. A friend of mine, Al Bradshaw, was a mechanic on that car. He had a lot of stories about their trips to Bonneville.

Just Gary likes this.
  4. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Every time I pass through Sparks, there are interesting cars and shop trucks in the Summit parking lot. Sort of a rotating mini-car show. The locals drive their rides.

Just Gary likes this.

5. Tacson

Tacson

Thanks TrailerTrashToo. I forgot about Summit being there

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  6. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

When out in Pleasanton several years ago from the black hills of South Dakota the hotel we stayed at there were some other guests there from Reno. They went by the peckerheads, I think they had a hotrod shop there. Don’t know if you could google peckerhead and find something.

olscrounger likes this.
  7. Tacson

Tacson