Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Corvette 15/16" master cylinder Line connections ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustytoolss, May 8, 2021.

1. Rustytoolss

Rustytoolss

Thinking of using a CPP corvette style Master cylinder with a 15/16" bore. My current Mopar style MC has the front fitting going to the rear drum brakes...and the rear fitting going the the front disc brakes. (The corvette MC switches the line locations. ) If I use the corvette MC ...can I run the front brakes off of the rear corvette master cylinder port ? how big of deal is it ? You tell me...I asking cause I don't know. Thanks

2. Yes you can, if the corvette style is a disc drum just hook it up, be aware if it’s a disc only master then it may not have a residual valve which may or may not be necessary depending on if your wheel cylinders have cup expanders...

See my thread on brakes in the tech week sticky.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  3. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You did not mention the brake configuration. A drum / disk master has the front disks fed from the larger capacity portion of the master, usually the rear, as the disk brakes use more fluid to move the pads. Also differences in residual valve pressures.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  4. The only reason for the difference in reservoir size is to accommodate the volume needed as the pads/shoes wear, has nothing to do with brake application.

Have someone step on the brakes while you watch the fluid level in the master cylinder, see how much fluid is “used” to apply the brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.