Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects buying an ole can a beans:my 29 ford

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Austin kays, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man I can’t believe it but I seem to have deleted the video of the last time it ran.

shit.

I never delete anything lol

Stogy likes this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tits up tailights....never good...:p

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

My first thought, swinging tail lights related, was a rail road crossing

Stogy likes this.
  4. You just tack a little piece of tin between the mount and the light. Easy fix.

@Stogy he actually has a couple of pretty fair quarters that will repair a lot of the rust if his older buddy ever gets off his ass and cuts them loose for him. It won't totally fix the rust problem on this old heap but they will be a step in the right direction,

Austin kays, modelacrazy and Stogy like this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe for trailers that are low to the ground or farm use...Beaners suggestion of a metal sleeve makes an easy fix if the existing profile is preferred.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He's really on a positive thrash with the project...it will be mobile by this spring at the rate he's going...patch panels certainly help, that's for sure...maybe his buddy needs a sixpack with a bow for some motivation...:D

It'll all come out in the wash...

Austin kays, chryslerfan55 and Jrs50 like this.
  7. atch

atch

Driving this thing yet?

Austin kays and Stogy like this.
  8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Last I saw he had pulled the aluminum heads to get surfaced and the dual carb intake and put the stock stuff put back on.

loudbang, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Heard he was going to trade @BigJoeArt for a running vw ? Something about them being easier to work on

Stogy likes this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:oops:...dang...he was making waves...maybe I read this wrong...personally I know of the difficulty in taking a project from near ground up...it takes incredible conviction, hard work, perseverance, drive...and some lucky turns...all the best Austin...;)

chryslerfan55 and Austin kays like this.
  11. Austin kays

Austin kays

I’d think I’d rather die than own anything V.W

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, saltflats and Stogy like this.
  12. Austin kays

Austin kays

Thanks Stogy! I’m completely unmotivated at this point. I’ve recently been thinking about the H.A.M.B and how much fun it was in the beginning. Posting every day or so and really making some big strides..talking with all the great fellas on here... it was really fun and I’ve missed it a lot but I feel completely in a rut currently. And have neglected this thread pretty hardcore.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  13. Austin kays

Austin kays

It made noise once @atch. Been bogged down on this thing for a minute now. Miss the HAMB and all the great guys here. Sorry about neglecting the thread everyone!

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Take a break from it...no pressure ever from me...many Threads are going on Ten years...I get it and respect a Builders dilemmas, its been a really shit couple of years here with all the things going on...give it some thought Austin...I'm sure you will and may have...

I can't even take my ride out as essential travel is only permitted due to an overwhelmed health system...

I've near written this year off and don't forget this is that time of year when things are off a bit as Summers still not here and so on...

15. Austin kays

Austin kays

Well I appreciate the words of encouragement. And yes it’s been a wild one forsure. I’ve taken quite the break from her for a while now. It’s probably time to jump back in. Piled an T roadster on A rails behind it currently which has been a bit of a distraction too. [​IMG]

16. Austin kays

Austin kays

17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do you have family? The Sedan has a back seat after all...That's a cool distraction by the way...​

18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

That blue looks rad! And yeah I was busting his balls on the vw haha. Joey, Austin and I are in a race to see who can finish there projects last lol.

Austin, @porknbeaner and I used to live close enough to hear each other shout when we hit our thumbs with a hammer. Beaner and Austin moved north about the same time and broke up the band so to speak and then covid rolled in so the aspect of buddys dropping by or getting together for a Saturday morning disappeared and it can be a real downer in getting shit going.

Takes as long as it takes but tis’ the season to hopefully roll them outside and take a good look. I might push mine back in 180 deg and really shake it up lol

maybe we just need to get some good bench racing/ community going in this thread

19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

whew-stevecolbert.jpg

Whew...glad you were joking...:D

Ya Hoodlums...;)

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  20. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Projects can get hung up sometimes. Don't let it get you down. Been working on the HA/GR project since 2007 and had the '64 440 longer than that. It's been top burner since last fall and once it's moving under it's own power again I'll get back on the HA/GR. Hell, I turned 75 in April, got plenty of time to work on it.

21. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

That looks like you can make it go.

Make it go!

Do parts runs with it for the T.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. I have been the worse about keeping up or even getting into my garage it seems.

@Austin kays (and anyone else that is interested) I did capture a TT chassis for the project in my garage. I will only be using the rails but it is a cool/different animal for sure.

23. Austin kays

Austin kays

That’s real good news! I’m glad to be back on here and hear from everyone for sure.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Tim like this.
  24. Ya know if you had time to come by you could help me tear that chassis apart and go home with sheet metal to patch your old sedan and some t chassis stuff while you were at it. :D :D :D

brEad, Stogy, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  25. Budget36

Budget36

Just a year or so break on a project?
    Rookie;)

brEad, Stogy and Austin kays like this.
  26. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Need a good old fashioned Beaner and Austin thrash for a day.

“we don’t know what we got done, but neighbors sure are mad” could be on the commemorative t shirts

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Austin kays like this.
  27. atch

atch

Austin, Tim, Ben; if this happens and you want another strong back/weak mind (well weak mind for sure; I don't know about the strong back any more) around for the day let me know. I've got a daughter and family in the Kearney/Liberty area. I can stay with them. How far away is that?

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Austin kays like this.
  28. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Beaner and Austin are probably a little over an hour north of there? They’ll be able to confirm but it’s close enough :)

Stogy and Austin kays like this.
  29. Austin kays

Austin kays

Oh I’m just 35 min from Kearney!! I may need some help making this flathead make some noise here one of these weekends

30. Austin kays

Austin kays

I’ll have to come up here not this weekend but the one after it! I’ll get with ya Benno