Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Garage Sale picture find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, May 1, 2021.

1. hudson48

hudson48

My wife is an avid garage saler and goes out nearly every Saturday morning. Unfortunately garage sales are diminishing with the on line sales forums like Marketplace and Ebay.
    She still goes though and today I was the lucky recipient of her hard work. Now to decide where to hang it. In the study or the 60's Diner rumpus room. The caption at the bottom right says "Texas Grapevine" .And it was only $2.
    Garage Sale photo.jpg

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a great photo and a really nice frame and matting. Texas Grapevine= catching up on the news on the side of the road.

Deuces, Texas57, wandi harry and 3 others like this.
  3. echo ed

echo ed
    from fla.

Nice find !

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  4. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

wow wish it was mine

5. catdad49

catdad49

That’s a Beauty!

6. jnaki

jnaki

"...She still goes though and today I was the lucky recipient of her hard work. Now to decide where to hang it. In the study or the 60's Diner RUMPUS ROOM. The caption at the bottom right says "Texas Grapevine" .And it was only $2."

Hello,
    Garage sales... how quaint. Our whole So Cal neighborhood had them every year in June and it was a success every year. But, the dwindling participants and the economy made it eventually go away. We had people coming by our house as soon as I raised the garage door at 5:30 am. The tools and car parts were the first to go. The second were comic books and a box of free magazines.

Nice find of a cool picture... Wow, A Rumpus Room... I thought I was the only one on the HAMB to use the term Rumpus Room to describe our recreation room in the far reaches of our long backyard, 1946 Westside of Long Beach tract house. It was and still is called the Rumpus Room, despite my brother and I converting the Rumpus Room into a drag race/hot rod work place and storage for our 1940 willys 671/SBC C/Gas Coupe.
    upload_2021-5-1_5-37-41.png

Jnaki

That rumpus room is gone into our family history and now, our granddaughter remembers the recent "sleep overs" the day of the neighborhood garage sales. Her instant invention and sell outs every year were her famous "Fortune Pops"
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/quotes-to-live-by.1102714/page-40#post-14036365

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

Grapevine Texas has been sucked up by the Dallas Ft Worth metroplex now. Of course they could have actually meant a Grapevine in Texas I suppose.

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

right place at the right time

9. 1ton

1ton

The guy is giving directions to George Strait on how to get to Amarillo. "Amarillo by mornin, up from San Antone. Everything that got, is just what I got on". Hah! Now I got you guy's. This damn song will stuck in your heads for hours.

10. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

"I heard it through the grapevine"
    Around here we had telegraph, telephone, and tell a woman.:D

alanp561, Deuces, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  11. hudson48

hudson48

Woops made a mistake. It was 20 cents not $2.

12. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Show a close up of the guys coat.

Deuces likes this.
  13. hudson48

hudson48

Now this is a print of a painting/sketch and had to check with a magnifying glass. The car is a blown Willys Coupe coming off the line and the top word is "Eliminator: the botom words I cannot read.