Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical HAMB-appropriate parts that aren't popular nowadays

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Just Gary, Apr 19, 2021.

1. goldmountain

goldmountain

Am I the only one that runs sex lights in my cars? I like the purple glow it gives the interior at night.

2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

'Sex lights'! I remember some dipsticks that were hifivin' their interiors at 'JOHN'S DRIVE-IN', around '62-'65.
    My pal Don Rosecrans drove thru in his flamed '57 Olds, with some police car heatlamps he and a pal had 'boosted' off a San Jose patrol car...to 'rank' the 'sex lights' guys. Lit the whole inside of his Olds. You could spot it for blocks...
    My F100 had shield taillights with Blue Dots, some 'Cruisin' Patrol' cops pulled me over, 3 cars! Like a felony stop!
    I got out, the one young cop told me my taillights were illegal, (to only be used for "Police Identification")
    I told him in all sincerety that I'd just arrived from Wyoming, and the blue dots were used for visibility in deep snow!
    They advised me that I 'should remove them', and let me off with a warning.
    My wife (then my girlfriend) asked me how I talked them out of a ticket.
    "Snowed 'em..."

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

1949-51 Ford cow catcher.
    For sale cheap by the way.
    A059961A-F3E7-4219-A880-1FB83200E15E.jpeg 8363034B-2FA8-4B49-A994-306BC19EE2AB.jpeg

4. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

What about the bobbing head dogs in the rear window on the package tray!

upload_2021-4-21_13-11-10.jpeg

AHotRod, loudbang, Speed Gems and 6 others like this.
  5. egads

egads

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Got that little guy in my ot drag week ride. [​IMG]

AHotRod, loudbang, Speed Gems and 2 others like this.
  6. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

3-speed transmission without overdrive.

7. Slopok

Slopok

As long as we are mentioning accessories as well as parts, when was the last time you saw a lucky rabbits foot key chain??? :)

chiro, loudbang, alanp561 and 3 others like this.
  8. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

Car names painted on the upper rear quarter panel near taillight and for that special custom touch the dome light bulb painted blue or purple.

9. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Is that Tony Nancy or Craig Breedlove?

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Had one in my last ride. I can attest to why those are no longer popular!

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and Just Gary like this.
  11. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

When I was 13, the kid who lived two doors up the street had a 55 chev hardtop with a
    nose-down rake, chrome wheels with spiders, color chrome on the bumpers, dingleberries, dummy spots,
    turned down exhaust tips, nosed and decked, tube grille, and I think curb feelers. As a 13 year old,
    even I knew it was a bit overdone...especially the color chrome bumpers.

12. Matt55folife

Matt55folife

I run blue dot taillights and have blue dot headlight covers on my 55! When i was a kid i saw a 55 pass by at the beach with bluedots and always knew that one day id have one as badass as that one was! So now i hope some kid sees mine cruise by one night and thinks its so badass that he grows up to build one with blue dots on it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. Neither, I believe that is Don Van Huff and his Lincoln powered deuce coupe. Can't recall the girls name. You'd think I'd remember her and not Don.

Mick

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  14. bobd1976

bobd1976
    from Illinois

I still have the one that was on the rear deck of my grandparents 64 Impala.

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and egads like this.
  15. BJR

BJR

And you want this on your hats Why?:eek:

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I haven't seen organ pipe speaker covers since 1967 when the older brother of a grade school friend put some in his car, don't remember the car though.
    Apparently they have had a comeback I see.
    upload_2021-4-21_15-17-19.png

17. ....Those must have been a Southern thing, Danny. I remember in the late '50's-early '60's seeing them when I was a youngster in East Tennessee, but they were round and had alternating colors in pie shaped triangles. If you had say a Red and White '56 Fairlane you would have Red and White ones in the package tray. It must have been an "Honest Charley" thing.:)........Don.

18. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Chrome eyelid covers. I still like em.

0D6A297A-780A-47B2-B6BB-7AA72ABF5E50.jpeg

19. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Anyone still using these?

werg.JPG

20. Some of you guys have a funny idea of the what 'HAMB appropriate parts' means. :eek:

Mark Yac, Ned Ludd, Dean Lowe and 2 others like this.
  21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

That's where you come in!:p

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. I'll give you a reverse version, a part that was never popular in the HAMB appropriate time period, yet these days for some who-knows-what reason is a holy grail...fucking E&J lights.

Frank Mack in the mid west used them on his T roadster, but outside that...an endless void. Until now.:rolleyes:

24. rudestude

rudestude

I had a couple of them years back...I took them from the trunk of a car my brother bought.
    They were all scuffed up , I wiped them down and shot some black primer on them ...they drifted from box to box in my stash piles.
    One ended up on my kitchen counter and got used as a pencil/pen , and what ever holder for awhile.
    I think my brother reclaimed them later and put them in his wild , spoiler, air dam, lowered road race looking Opel Kadet Trans Am wagon.....it was kind of strange hearing AC/DC blasting out through what looked like pipe organ pipes poking out threw deep shag carpet in the back of his "sex pit" ...that was on the windshield shaded area....our mother didn't like that, she did know thats what it said...until my brother come flying up behind her and when she looked in her mirror she saw what it said....you know ...printed backwards.
    Fun times...when having fun was legal.
    I always liked the chrome 6"x9" covers with all the little holes that screwed down flat , and for the 50's early 60's cars same thing but with the lines and a music note on them.

Sent from my SM-T307U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. ..........Some folks even canted them for a different look. This was my Aunt's '53 Ford with some goofy kid standing in front of it. 03132019.jpg

26. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I remember 4 track players in my Dad's cars.

27. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

They still sell them at the swap meets.

28. ........Call me naive, but I always wondered, how does getting your foot cut off translate to "good luck"?:eek:

29. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER