Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HOA vs the Vintage Truck Owner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blues4U, Apr 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

This is a big reason why I'd never live in a place with an HOA. While I don't necessarily agree with the truck owner about his trucks appearance, personally I'd rather see it painted, even a brush/roller/rattle can paint job would be better than it is now (but he's probably not allowed to work on his cars at home either), but IMO that's beside the point. It's his truck, if he likes it like that, that's all that matters. Get over it. I can't imagine what kind of A-hole forms an HOA and then does this to his neighbors.

Packrat, R A Wrench, AVater and 2 others like this.
  2. Thank God I'm a country boy.

hotrodA, ekimneirbo, scotty t and 9 others like this.
  3. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Apparently he won his case, but had to pay his own court costs.

chevy57dude and trollst like this.

4. Budget36

Budget36

I’d probably not go through the hassle and just park it in the garage. But I understand the guys stance.

chevy57dude likes this.
  5. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Why in Gods name would anyone live in a place like that?

6. trollst

trollst

Now he needs to sell, get his own place with his own rules, they aren't done with him....

7. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

My next door neighbor didn`t like the limbs of my tree hanging over her property. They were plenty high and in good health. So she got her way by bitching enough and had a tree company trim them back. I let her know of my disapproval by my voice with in that very few people see. She won`t be bothering me any more. Now I just let my yard go to piss her off. Sometimes you have to stand your ground and let other know what is right and what is wrong. wether they want to hear it or not.

ekimneirbo likes this.
  8. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

I would never give up my power to my neighbors.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  9. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Amen brother!

Couldn't live in a place like that. If I can't walk out in my back yard and take a pee, then you're too close to me, LOL! I don't let my place look like a junkyard, but I do drive some junky looking vehicles at times, it's none of nobodies business.

10. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I live in a neighborhood that is supposed to have a HOA, but no one does anything about it. Good thing, at this point in time, they would take me directly to jail for my junk! But I’m working on it! Really! Well , kinda! This is the second neighborhood I have ruined! Lol :D

Bones

ekimneirbo and Blues4U like this.
  11. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Three and a half acres in the country, nobody to tell me what to do on my property.

Dave Mc and Blues4U like this.
  12. I understand the reasoning behind a HOA. As a motorsports enthusiast , I would never buy a home in one.
    Vic

13. The HOA I deal with is hit and miss, got a letter about the dog being off leash but that's as bad as I've experienced. They never seemed to mind when I took over part of the block with a '55 Pontiac and '60 F100, my buddy was just here yesterday with his track T that has an open header hemi and they gave him thumbs up.

Blues4U likes this.
  14. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Not just HOAs. Times have changed. My first house, many years ago, was on a street where you put your car up on sands out front, changed the oil, changed tires, even changed engines. And not just gear heads, the average work a day dad did this type of maintenance.

Then cars started to evolve.. fuel injection, electronic ignition, 50k mile tires, 200K engines.. so not so common to see this activity, left mostly to the gear heads. Sentiment changes, now it's not so acceptable, an eyesore.

I still put my cars up on stands out front and do all those things, but I'm the only one around. Some people walk by and like it, even comment, others I'm sure are waiting for my dirt nap. Some cities have banned working on vehicles in plain site.

Blues4U likes this.
  15. Five acres and a unobstructed view for a half mile.

Blues4U likes this.
  16. Fabulous50's

Fabulous50's
    from Maine

I saw that video a few weeks ago as well.

I too understand the HOA concept, but I would NEVER buy a house with one.

I maintain that if you cant piss in your own yard without someone seeing you, then you are too close to town.

papacub and Blues4U like this.
  17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That green truck reminds me of back about 30 years ago when you could buy a truck just like that for 600 bucks and drive it home around here I was seriously thinking about buying some, putting a paint job on them and dressing them up a tad and selling them to guys who were looking for a truck that their wives would let them park in front of the house rather than around in the alley.

I live 400 ft off the road in the middle of a 70 acre alfalfa field but a few years ago the insurance dudes were checking the place for insurance purposes and took photos including one of my 21 ft full keel sailboat. They sent the photos in to the home office and the woman in the home office threw a fit because the sailboat was sitting on it's trailer in the yard because she said children might get up on it, fall off and get hurt. The closest kids are about 1000 ft away across the busy highway in a yard with an 8 ft chain link fence that they know good and well they better not be outside of except getting on or off the school bus. They don't even come over to trick or treat or sell what ever the school has them selling as a fund raiser.

My sister lived in an HOA for several years and it was a pain in the butt but her EX liked it because he said it kept property values up.

18. When we moved south, I told the wife no to gated communities and HOA's. I can paint my house any color i want, plant a bush where i want , and work on my hotrod outside and don;t have to ask anyones permission to do so.

Blues4U likes this.
  19. wvenfield

wvenfield

Why anyone would move to somewhere with a HOA is beyond me. He moved there. He will probably win but........

Blues4U likes this.
  20. In my younger days I had a neighbor once that was a real pain in my ass. He must have had the cops on speed dial. But, he had a problem. He was renting the house, which happened to be owned by the bank. Since banks don't like to be landlords, I was able to help them out. As his new landlord, I raised his rent 1000%. As I was throwing his ass out on the street, (for non-payment) I mentioned maybe he should have the cops he'd been calling on me, come over and help him move. He really got pissed when he found out my new renter was paying less than he'd been paying to the bank.

Tman, Saxman, Dilley and 5 others like this.
  21. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

If my HOA starts giving me any trouble, I can move my junk to the ranch, where I have over 75 things with wheels ( tracks) . Or just move myself to the ranch! But I think I’m safe......for a while!

Bones

Blues4U likes this.
  22. Joe H

Joe H

There is a time and a place for HOA's, my neighbors garbage ( trash ) is always in the street or my yard, he's got 7 cars, two of them run, all late model, beat up crap. I wish I had a HOA just to get him moved!

rbrewer, MO54Frank and Boneyard51 like this.
  23. And here's exactly the reason why most new residential communities come equipped with HOA's.

rbrewer likes this.
  24. I guess this is the ultimate 'I don't like patina' statement....

I'd give serious thought to a semi-naked chick mural on both sides of the truck featuring the faces of the HOA officers....

25. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I like the old statement “ Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” ! While I not a fan of this “ pantina ” thing, this HOA went way too far!

Bones

26. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

RJP, yes there definitely is more than one way to skin a cat :D

27. Control freaks
    And a good example of what happens when definitions get reimagined and feelings become facts.

BamaMav, blowby, trollst and 3 others like this.
  28. chopped

chopped

You buy into HOA land you play by HOA rules. I didn't, so I don't.

Just Gary likes this.
  29. Some people (HOA) like the power trip that they get. Why ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.