Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features When Do You Log In?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Apr 17, 2021.

1. bchctybob

bchctybob

I usually check in first thing in the morning on my tablet with my first cup of coffee. Then I go out to the shop, fire up the laptop and pull up the HAMB. Sometimes, when I go in for lunch or late in the evening I sit down at the computer and pull it up. Then, of course, when I'm out I check in with the mobile phone while waiting at the Dr's office with my Mom or while the wife is shopping. So you see I'm fully equipped to follow the HAMB happenings any time, anywhere.

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I used to laugh at people like us!

3. bchctybob

bchctybob

^^^^ Yeah, me too......

4. I make fun of all the people i work with at the firehouse, always on Facebook. Now they make fun of me. Plus i used to build hot rods, now i just talk about them on the hamb. It really cuts into my production lmao!

5. bchctybob

bchctybob

I'd probably have my roadster back together and my '33 pickup ready to run if I didn't get distracted by my HAMB addiction. Plus I've totally lost my ability to rag on my wife about how much time she spends on her phone. Now she just snaps back, "yeah, like you do on the HAMB!" Damn.

6. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Like others, I never log out. I do shut down the computer before bed every night, then turn it back on in the morning. I work out of the house these days, and due to covid there's very, very little customer visits for the past year, so I have my work computer on the desk turned on for work, and a personal computer also on the desk and I have about 2 dozen websites opened up that I surf from one to another wherever I need a break from work stuff, or if I'm sitting on a phone call waiting for someone; phone conferences; web meetings etc. I left facebook earlier this year, and only go on it very rarely these days, but I've found other social media to waste time on. Mewe, Gab, Parlor, and lot's of news websites to keep abreast of what's going on in this strange, strange world we live in.

loudbang likes this.
  7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

2007 I think.

loudbang and warhorseracing like this.
  8. Almost every day at night before I jump into my race car bed. It gets worse on the weekends as I revert to my real life.....it's 2:46 AM Sunday (but still Sat night to me).

9. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

I think I logged in September 2009.

10. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I usually get up an hour or more before the better half, make my coffee, feed the cat and fire up the computer.
    Usually check the first 4 pages for anything new of interest. Once swmbo is up make her her decaf, make breakfast,
    do my housekeeping chores, then make another check. Go to the garage, play for awhile, come in and have lunch,
    check in again, go back out to garage, come in about 4 to 5, clean up, check in while preparing dinner. She is still working so I do 90% of the housekeeping and cooking. Usually check in again in the evening, always do so on the computer, cannot see doing it on a phone. Computer logs me in automatically, so I only have to look up my password
    when I get a new computer or have a problem with it.

loudbang likes this.
  11. gene-koning

gene-koning

For me, I get online almost every evening around 7 pm, and I'm on this stupid computer until around 2am. I shut down the computer every night when I'm done, then start it up around 7pm that night again. Occasionally I get on during the day (like now because I wasn't on last night), but that is pretty rare. That time is not spent just on the HAMB though. When I get on the HAMB, I go through all the posts that have been posted since I was last on, then I'm done until the next day.

I actually have a life, including working on my project truck, that I participate in during the day. I have a flip phone that I really don't like, that is actually only used for phone calls. Imagine, a phone that is used for phone calls, and the world hasn't ended yet! Gene

loudbang likes this.
  12. I logged in on January 01, 2008. How and why would you log out?

13. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Start the day off with coffee and the HAMB classifieds looking to see if there are new postings in cars or parts. Off to the shop for a couple hours. Lunch I might check it again then back to the shop. Then peruse it in the evening to see what's been posted during the day.

loudbang likes this.
  14. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

With the question "when do you login" Really meaning "when do you visit".

The HAMB is my 'morning newspaper' with my coffee first thing in the AM, looking at the parts classifieds and first few pages of new posts before I get ready to leave for work. It's truly a routine. Then I bounce in a few times throughout the day, typically on lunch break. Again after dinner and before retiring for the night.
    If I'm waiting in line somewhere, sometimes I'll check it on my phone, but definitely prefer full screen/mouse/keyboard at home.

GordonC and loudbang like this.
  15. Jim Spin

Jim Spin

Just learning all this computer stuff my self and thanks to corncob32 and Llyods paint & glass their suggestions have made me a little bit smarter at this stuff. (I did say a little bit). Im not on the computer much cause im out side enjoying life cause you never know when you have no more to enjoy!!!! Keep wrenching and have fun doing it

loudbang likes this.
  16. Yesterday I could not even spell puter.:confused: I can turn one on and I've been here logged in since Dec. 2006 when my wife did it.:eek: I don't not know nor want to know how to turn it off.:rolleyes: SO DON"T RESPOND LLOYD!:D

loudbang likes this.
  17. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

That would be disastrous if I logged out, there are no ten year old kids around to help me.

18. Illustrious Hector

Illustrious Hector

The phenomenon is known as process addiction. Generally refers to any type of tech dependency including VLTs and slots. Can be be as damaging as substance addiction.

warhorseracing and loudbang like this.
  19. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

My password is saved in my browser, so as long as I use that browser on other devices I can still get in. I never shut down the two PC's at the house unless they are updating something. Use a IPad when I'm in my semi truck, only Apple product I own, sometimes use my Motorola android phone but have to enlarge the type to read much of it.

Hell, if it wasn't for the browser saving my passwords, I'd never be able to do anything....

loudbang likes this.
  20. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I'm glad to see I'm not the only lunatic! I never log off/out that's why I get so little done around here.

Pat

loudbang likes this.
  21. Budget36

Budget36

And really Lloyd, that’s all we have ever wanted from you;)

Speed Gems and loudbang like this.