Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Had To Have Another Five Window After All.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ct1932ford, Nov 19, 2020.

1. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

FedEx is bad at that. Anything I order from the left coast goes by 40 miles from me on the interstate and ends up in Ellenwood GA, then they have to bring it back to west AL, 250 miles. Doesn’t make sense to me, kinda like getting on an airplane in Birmingham AL to go to TX and you have to go to Atlanta GA and backtrack. No wonder they are losing money!

loudbang, j3harleys and ct1932ford like this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]
    Social distancing with vices? :confused:

Stogy, sacminiwheels, TFoch and 2 others like this.
  3. Can't turn the handle if it's too close.:mad: Vise in the way. Besides my vise does not have a mask!:eek:

Stogy, TFoch and loudbang like this.
  4. upload_2021-4-16_21-3-37.png

These painted red???

ct1932ford, alfin32 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  5. koolbeans

koolbeans

6. No it will be black on black. I could switch them with my roadster if I want a change in the future .

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Stogy, TFoch and loudbang like this.
  7. Back at it today , got the steering damper finished and when mounting shocks the top of the dust covers are not sloped like Monroe's . these are Gabriel and the top edge was very close to hitting the brackets so I took a bit off. Funny I was actually thinking of shaping the brackets like I just did when I was making them.:confused: Finish them up tomorrow after the paint dries.:rolleyes: IMG_7807.JPG IMG_7791.JPG
    IMG_7792.JPG IMG_7794.JPG IMG_7802.JPG

sacminiwheels, alfin32, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  8. I might just put red in the gun...you never know what mood I may be in when I spray them.

Budget36, Stogy, j3harleys and 5 others like this.
  9. something in this color I am thinking Unknown.jpeg

ct1932ford, Budget36, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  10. I think that would look good on a certain Chevy green coupe:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Stogy, TFoch, j3harleys and 3 others like this.
  11. Finished up the shocks and got everything back together. While greasing the frontend the fitting behind the steering arm breaks:mad: Take it all apart and replace the fitting. put it all back , adjust the brakes. All that is left is to bleed brakes, mount tires set toe-in. Should be on the road by weeks end.:cool: IMG_7812.JPG IMG_7811.JPG IMG_7814.JPG IMG_7815.JPG

12. Very nice, looking great!

13. Wheels / Tires being mounted tomorrow. Also good friend and fellow hot rodder Dave coming up to help me bleed brakes. Called insurance company today to get it insured so I can get it registered. :cool:

14. Picked up tires today! Also bled and adjusted brakes.
    Made my appointment with the DMV for Friday morning for registration. Sorry no photos today but will post some as soon as I get the coupe off the lift. It has been awhile.

Stogy, TFoch, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  15. Finished up the coupe today. Had to remove a small amount on the tie rod to get tow-in adjustment. wheels and tires on. Love the look. It reminds me of 60's sleeper Chevy Biscayne's/ Belairs with 409's in them. Kind of sinister. Black on Black on Black. Hope to get it registered tomorrow and clean it up for some better photos. Has a nice stance.:cool: IMG_7818.JPG IMG_7819.JPG IMG_7820.JPG IMG_7822.JPG

Beaty, slug, chevyfordman and 9 others like this.
  16. Can't wait to see some pictures of it out in the sunlight!

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Full hood & fenders, looking forward to outside photos with plates. :cool::cool:Bob

18. Out of the Garage! IMG_7827.JPG IMG_7833.JPG
    Get some better shots after it's cleaned!

Al's.C.D.T, Beaty, slug and 15 others like this.
  19. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]

Nice! Can't even see the mower deck.:cool:

Bob

wandi harry, Beaty, alfin32 and 8 others like this.
  21. loudbang

loudbang

Real nice looks great unchopped. :rolleyes:

22. nor6304

nor6304
    from Indiana

Really nice car I like it just the way it is Has the look for me

23. deuceman32

deuceman32

I love it. Beautiful job, ct.

Stogy, loudbang and ct1932ford like this.
  24. Thanks guys! I cleaned it up , it had lots of spider poop. A good wax job did the trick. Nothing like Black when it’s clean. I will try and get some photos this week.drove it today to get my vin number verification. The coupe rides very nice and quiet. It was not running all that well however. I will attack some issues this week. I think it is a combination of things, one being ignition wires and plugs. I will start there and then move on to the carbs. The 32 seems to like highway speed. The ride and handling is so much better as well as the brakes. I’ll be back at it tomorrow since we are supposed to get rain.

slug, TFoch, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  25. Still working on getting it running perfect. Better but not there yet. I did get it registered today with this license plate I have been saving for this project! :cool: IMG_7839.JPG

slug, alfin32, j3harleys and 8 others like this.
  26. Was back to finishing up the roadster. tb33anda3rd did some nice painting on my 3" Chopped windshield and new 32 steering wheel! :cool: I need to chop the top irons next. No rush since it never goes up anyway:rolleyes:
    IMG_7838.JPG
    Get some better pictures soon.

alfin32, j3harleys, TFoch and 4 others like this.
  27. Back at the coupe tomorrow. Setting up carbs! Where is Ronnie Roadster when you need him?:rolleyes:
    IMG_7669.JPG

slug, alfin32, j3harleys and 8 others like this.
  28. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Mark,The coupe looks killer