Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I think I can fix that!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Doug Hines, Aug 9, 2019.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ah Doug that's SOOO COOOL, thanks for posting the pics (again).

Thor1 likes this.
  2. '34 Ratrod

'34 Ratrod

I'm just like you Doug, I can't see letting something sit and rot. A lot of people give me some shit about what I drag home, rightfully so, but I can't see it just sitting and wasting away. Good for you!!

3. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Great to see and how did the previous owner like the car and job done to get it back on the road?

Cliff Ramsdell

loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  4. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

Don’t know. We really don’t talk all that much. He can’t hear well so we just ride around grinning like fools. He definitely enjoys our rides so I will take it he approves.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

Starting with trash just means whatever I did, I didn’t screw up anything. That’s a relaxing place to live.

6. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

I have been back on the Hot Rod the last few weeks. Trying to get a few bugs worked out so I can take it on it's first long drive, to actually go some were in it. I am hopefully going to drive it to the Stray Katz 500 in Dewey Oklahoma this Saturday. It is a Pre 1964 customs show. I think the people there will really dig it. It's about an hour and a half drive. I got my new tires balanced and can report that I have had this jalopy up to 75 MPH! Smooth and stable! And a hell of a lot of wind noise! I don't think it really needs to be going that fast much on the public roads, but it can if I need too. I put a coat of polyurethane on my oak floor in the cabin and trunk to protect it in case I get caught in the rain. Rain is my biggest worry now as I have no side windows and no hood. It should be an adventure. Wish me luck.

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Fantastic! I put Dielectric grease on what I can and haven’t had any issue running in the rain. Parked in the rain you might want to stick a bucket or a boot over the carb but I’ll be you’ll be just fine!

take some road trip pic for us!

8. set me on fire

set me on fire

sounds like a blast..good luck!

Doug Hines likes this.
  9. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

What did you put the die-electric grease on exactly?

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Spark plug boots, applicable ignition bits. Probably not needed but I’ve powered washed the engine while it’s running and it’s not as much as hiccuped so i keep putting it on my cars

11. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks

Nicholas Coe, loudbang and Tim like this.
  12. That car tells a real story. I wouldn’t paint it or change the roof. Love all the scars and rash. I don’t consider it a RR. We need to create some sort of rescued hot rod category. Thanks for taking us on the journey thus far.

chryslerfan55, Doug Hines and Thor1 like this.
  13. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

I love it when someone can see what I am trying to do. I want the new metal to just blend seamlessly into the old metal (when I finish the welds and smooth them) and then I am just going to let nature take it's course with the new metal. I don't consider it a RR either, although I am not offended if someone does. It is just a really old (90 years old) car that is still wearing it's life. I want to build a hopped up flathead for it using aftermarket parts that are old and show their age. (heads and intake, ect) I would love for someone to think it is an (almost) survivor Hot Rod that spent the last 50 years in a barn.

chryslerfan55, Nicholas Coe and Thor1 like this.
  14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

After deciding that not everyone likes there car like that being called a beater we all settled on calling them sweaty old hotrods. Figured maybe you’d like that one :)

my buddy Dave is bringing his custom purple chevy to the show I told him to come say hi if he sees the coupe since I won’t be coming down :)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

Sweaty old hot rod. I like it. LOL To bad your not coming. I will look for Dave.

16. Sweaty old hot rod, will need to repeat that a bunch of times to get it to catch on. I am soon to be in the same boat. Mailed the cheque today for a cut apart 30 tudor that will likely end up as a pickup, or maybe a wana be sedan delivery, we will see once our stay at home order is lifted and I can pick it up.

chryslerfan55, Tim and Nicholas Coe like this.
  17. Please keep us posted on your trip. Lots of pictures please!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I’ll share any that I spot of him, I’ve been browsing social media. Seems like a good chunk of hot rods present but haven’t seen him just yet

Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks like he made it! Saw him
    Parked next to Swander’s roadster in this pic :) 53B17694-29BA-4075-BC39-E381E28279D8.jpeg

20. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

That roadster is absolutely amazing! I did make it. The car ran perfectly for the drive which was about an hour each way. I did not stop any were along the way. I saw a lot of people I know. I think everyone was ready for a beautiful day out after all the Covid stuff. My only fail of the day was I was so busy talking to old and new friends, I did not take a single picture. Here are a couple of shots of my fellow car nutZ that I got from a friend. We totally missed the rain. Thank God! I worried about that all week. I did learn that I need to put some time into comfort. Better seat cushions and get the firewall all closed in. That hat air coming of the engine felt good in the morning but was pretty hot on the ride home. I got just over 13 MPG! People really seemed to dig looking at the before pictures I posted on the windshield. I will have some more pictures to post when another friend sends me his pic of the day. 20210508_111058.jpg 20210508_111028.jpg

21. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

Looki
    Looking forward to seeing the pictures of it in the rough.

22. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Good to hear man!

loudbang likes this.
  23. Doug Hines likes this.
  24. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

25. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

This was my personal favorite. I would have loved to see him get into it. IMG_2400.JPG

Nicholas Coe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

[​IMG]. Over in the west Howard industrial district. Lol you miss our town if you blink. I thought it had good picture potential.

Tim, 282doorUK, simplestone and 3 others like this.
  27. Nice job!
    Using what you already have is not only authentic, it's about all many of us can hope to use.

Doug Hines likes this.
  28. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

So me and Corky decided to go for a little road trip down to Pawhuska OK. It's all just an excuse to drive the car around and have a nice lunch and enjoy the day. We rolled down highway 99 into the Hula lake 1st and then into Pawhuska. pawhuska8.jpg pawhuska9.jpg pawhuska7.jpg

29. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

Down town Pawhuska is pretty neat. They have been filming a new movie called "Killers of the Flower Moon" and we could see were some of that activity was still there. pawhuska5.jpg pawhuska4.jpg

Tim, Squablow, hfh and 4 others like this.
  30. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

We had lunch as "Bad Brad's BBQ". Inquiries were made about Brad and why he was so bad. We were assured that Brad does not work there any more and that indeed he was Bad. It was a good day and a good rive. The car ran perfectly and the only casualty was out butts. I need to get some better padding on the seat. pawhuska2.jpg

So-cal Tex, Tim, Squablow and 7 others like this.