Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Bop Top storage in car.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NJ Don, Apr 8, 2021.

1. NJ Don

NJ Don

My car came with a Bop Top, which is a wonderful piece, but I couldn't figure out how to carry the broken down pieces in my hiboy. The problem is the oak header and top fabric when rolled up are too long to fit into my trunk. After taking some measurements it looked like it wound fit behind my Glide seat which has a foldable backrest. Took the seat out and removed the upholstered side panels, with this done the header fits on top of the steel framework behind the seatback (my car is a Rod Action glass '32). I then notched the side panels so the header fits and I can remove it by tilting the seatback forward. The rest of the framework fits in the trunk. Now I'm ready for that rain I'll probably hit!
    DSCF0198.JPG DSCF0198.JPG DSCF0194.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Topless for 18 years!:D Westminster bound (1) (1).JPG FB_IMG_1525008048923 (1).jpg

3. NJ Don

NJ Don

Hi Loth!
    Are you going to Jalopyrama in May? I'm planning on going.

4. .....I plan to be there, hope to be there. Safe travels to you..............Don.

seadog likes this.

5. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

You will only get a little wet when it rains. just isn't worth the trouble of taking a top along. Just saying

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. The faster you go, the drier you stay. It's those pesky stoplights that become a problem in the rain!:D;)

Baron, lurker mick and Just Gary like this.
  7. NJ Don

NJ Don

Thanks for your replies. I do prefer topless. My car came with a Bop Top and it would be a shame to not have it on hand if the skies open up and I have a long haul ahead of me.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Said by a man who hasn’t yet been caught in a monsoon with no top. Wet trough everything you have on including the socks in your shoes isn’t a laughing matter...just saying.

Baron and pprather like this.