Register now to get rid of these ads!

How To Respond To A Classified Ad

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Ryan, May 16, 2014.

1. David Huaracha

David Huaracha

I’ve posted 10 times but still can’t send a message in the classified ads. It states “you have insufficient privileges to reply”. Am I doing something wrong?
    I’m new to this site and maybe it’s just me but it’s a little confusing. Sorry

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

there is a 24 hr waiting period after the 10 posts before you can send a PM . all of this was done to thwart the scammers that used to prowl the classifieds here

3. David Huaracha

David Huaracha

Ok thank you for the response! I was going crazy haha

54delray, Darryl Deir and Moriarity like this.
  4. Probably already been explained to you, but you can't reply to the ad, none of us can. You have to send a message to the member. And yes if you're here, you're somewhat crazy..... it's not only accepted, it's a requirement.

5. JoeyTheGun

JoeyTheGun

Hi maybe somebody can help me I’ve been on here for over a year and can’t message anybody is there something I’m doing wrong thank you please respond

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

avachace likes this.
  6. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Read this thread from the very beginning. Then re-read the rules. You did read the rules didn't you.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. grumpy65

grumpy65

OOHHHH, so close. You found this thread....................... but still couldn't be bothered to actually read it.................

8. JoeyTheGun

JoeyTheGun

No actually I was still trying to navigate through it and was on the Internet reading the rules when you messaged me, so you being condescending really doesn’t help anything, I appreciate you telling me where the rules are and I did read them but I am having some trouble navigating, usually when I’m on a thread other sites I take time to help other people out because that’s how I am wired, i’m always willing to lend a fellow gearhead a hand or help them with a project or give them some insight on what might be occurring, just because I don’t know this website didn’t mean I didn’t read the rules

avachace likes this.
  9. All of the answers you seek are right in the rules at the top of every section. When i joined, i posted a question about how much a set of wheels were worth, someone told me about them being off topic, so i went to reading all of the rules. Never made another mistake. Read the rules. Go to the "introduce yourself" thread and read the rules at the top of the page. Then at the top of every other section. Might even introduce yourself. If you're into helping other gearheads, you should've had more posts over the last year.

10. JoeyTheGun

JoeyTheGun

Thanks I understand how it looks but I was a little discouraged trying to navigate through it, thought maybe there was something wrong, I work two jobs and I’m raising three children, don’t have as much time as others may, I do appreciate the direction

11. grumpy65

grumpy65

@Lloyd's paint & glass , I have to commend you on not being 'condescending' at all with your reply.
    Are you feeling ok ???.............:eek::eek::eek:

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Some people just get it, or come across as somebody you would like to meet just from the first intro, others not so much and REALLY annoying people get the Ignore Option. Lloyd's paint & glass has fit in from day one.

13. grumpy65

grumpy65

You'll get used to it, especially if you are going to hang around here. All par for the course................

210superair likes this.
  14. I'm just a fucking people person grump, one of my many talents lmao!

grumpy65 and 210superair like this.
  15. It's like i found my home, where i was meant to be :confused:

avachace and The37Kid like this.
  16. [QUOTE="Lloyd's paint & glass, post: 14000015, member: 346389 When i joined, i posted a question about how much a set of wheels were worth, someone told me about them being off topic, so i went to reading all of the rules. Never made another mistake. [/QUOTE]

So..... how much did you get for those 30” diamond twisted spoke wheels? :) ;)

17. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

MintyAmpleGodwit-size_restricted.gif

18. Great movie!

210superair likes this.

19. So..... how much did you get for those 30” diamond twisted spoke wheels? :) ;)[/QUOTE]
    Really? Ya gotta give me more credit than that! They're 26", and i still got em of you're interested :D

wraymen likes this.
  20. 210superair likes this.
  21. [/QUOTE]
    Really? Ya gotta give me more credit than that! They're 26", and i still got em of you're interested :D[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah! I think they would look great!
    Anyone feel like doing a photo shop on my Prius? :)

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  22. Scott Williams

Scott Williams

I am having the same problem. when I click on the user name, a box pops up, but there is no link to start a conversation.....

I am trying to get in contact with user name "Kato Kings" to buy a shifter for an S-10 T5 transmission...

23. 54delray and The37Kid like this.
  24. The37Kid

The37Kid

25. It's titled "the world according to Lloyd, life lessons" lmao!

lothiandon1940, The37Kid and Thor1 like this.
  26. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Hell yeah, it is just natural when you look at a picture you look at the pretty one, and that sure as hell ain't Lloyd!!!! :p:p:p:p:D

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  27. alejandro

alejandro

thanks for the help!

28. nutnfits

nutnfits

29. nutnfits

nutnfits

I got an email from webmaster saying that I have enough posts, and I should be all set. But still no start a conversation or access to wanted.

30. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Who are you looking to start a private conversation with ?

Do you know how to start a private conversation ?