Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you listen to in your garage?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 41 C28, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. clive

clive
    from england

mostly have the radio on in the shed as i like to call it ,but by choice its 50s rockabilly old blues,jump jive,and good ol rock n roll but some great stuff here

3. coupe man

coupe man

Rock and roll,Blues and country.

4. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

JJ Cale

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    echo ed, Mark Yac and Deuces like this.
  5. southcross2631

southcross2631

Mostly my wife's washer and dryer. small garage shared space.

6. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

Fixing up new patio garage right now. Reckon I'll listen to whatever my wife has on the TV when the engine isn't running :)

7. Poverty cap

Poverty cap

JJ Cale, Dave Allen and Lyle Lovett.

Just Gary likes this.
  8. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

9. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Today.....Cream @ Royal Albert Hall.

Just Gary, mr57 and Deuces like this.
  10. old chevy

old chevy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Peaceful quiet as I putter with hand tools most of time. Occasional visitor offering suggestions.

olscrounger and Deuces like this.
  11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Think I went to that party :eek:

Deuces likes this.
  12. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

I usually listen to Pandora. I have very eclectic tastes in music, so I have a few dozen channels and playlists. Here is my thumbs up playlist if anybody wants to have a listen:. https://pandora.app.link/TVGZ3vQI5eb

13. Greg Hammond

Greg Hammond

The little voices in my head.

14. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

This morning......Stephen Stills.

Deuces likes this.
  15. Matthew Greenwell

Matthew Greenwell
    from Poole, UK

Rockabilly or country rock if I'm doing some steel fabrication. But when it gets late and I can't make noise anymore (want to keep the neighbours on my side), and turn to quieter jobs, a little Pink Floyd or ambient space music. But I have such a wide range of taste in music, I'll listen to pretty much anything.

16. sounds of silence.....first time ive seen my lathe without rolling stock parked around it in a loooong time. first time i aint had to climb over piles of acumulated stuff for decades. I purged the place and now there's room to start it all again.....oh yeah I found a radio in there..... maybe i'll see whats on.

17. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

18. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-4-25_3-58-42.png
    Hello,

In 1966, we took drive up the Big Sur Coast for a vacation. We had seen posters of an up and coming jazz festival in Monterey, CA. It was the 1966 Monterey Jazz Festival at the County Fairgrounds. We did not find out until later that the festival was going to happen just after we had scheduled a long road trip up to the SF Bay area for a nice holiday. It would have been hard for us to get back up there again in a month. We tried, but it was running into a lot of family stuff for us.
    upload_2021-4-25_4-0-15.png
    Downtown SF 1966 Ektachrome color 35mm slide film

So, we were happy to have purchased the LP album when it came out later in 1967. It fit right into the So Cal scene quite well. The “Summer Of Love” was going on, the vibe on the Westcoast was electric in just about anywhere you drove and visited, especially, in the LA and SF area places. This album was one of the best to depict that scene that started the good feeling from the 1966 Monterey Jazz Festival and continued until the hectic days of 1968 and the troubles all over the USA.

For us, it was a peaceful way to absorb new ideas and have fun just living in So Cal.
    upload_2021-4-25_4-1-15.png

Jnaki

Along with the great Jazz music from these artists, they were woven into the playlist of a myriad of Rock and Roll Albums from our 60’s powerful amplifier. The sound came through large 15 inch bass speakers with steel horns. But, it was the time period.

These days, it is a different powerful speaker system and a little digital Ipod Touch Player with the same sound of Charles Lloyd playing the clear music all over the garage. Good music never goes out of style.

The funny thing is, this yellow cover album is still sitting in our cabinet as a display. When we gave our son all of our old 50s-80s LP collection for his full wall bookcase, we thought it was gone. But, the original, LP album and one other from the same time period were sitting propped up in the corner of our wooden cabinet.

Like digital images, digital music preserves that great music for a lifetime. No more boombox or amplifier hooked up to a bunch of wires in the garage counter. It is a simple Bluetooth connected Ipod Touch digital music player through a pair of powerful speakers. A concert from the Monterey County Fairgrounds, with all of its hisses and pops, preserved in digital form.

Charles Lloyd Monterey 1966

(A 55 year memory sparked by the recent landslide/washout closure of Highway 1 that runs up the California coast. Then months later on last Friday, the recent reopening of the Highway 1 for all to travel from So Cal to Northern California for all activities as much as the pandemic will allow.)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. Deuces

Deuces

Oh yeah! One of my favorites...^^^^^..:)

21. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

.this evening it was the doctor

chryslerfan55 likes this.