Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Summit Racing Customer Service

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimmy959, Mar 22, 2021.

1. jimmy959

jimmy959

Is it just me or has Summit's CS gone to shit? I've tried contacting them for over a week now via phone, email and text and have not gotten a response from any - except for the canned "we are experiencing high volume right now" no matter what time of day it is. Their CS used to be great, and getting in contact with them was so easy. But now it's practically impossible. Did they outsource their CS overseas?

210superair, loudbang and TCATTC like this.
  2. 2muchstuff

2muchstuff
    from Eastern KS

I just spoke with a CS rep at Summit this morning. Called their 800 number, went through the automated menu choices and was connected with a CS rep right away. They addressed my issue without a hassle. The entire call was less than 5 minutes. No complaints here.

3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I called them a week ago and got right through. Awesome service as usual!

4. Guess it’s just you:)
    No problem here last week

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Their automated texting service is fantastic. I get updates on shipping and back ordered stuff. I never have to call them anymore.

AHotRod, lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  6. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I had a problem on an order, called them last Tuesday. I had no problem and was happy with the quick help given and the replacement was direct shipped and arrived today.

7. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

They Always Have Taken Very Good Care Of My Orders And Promptly...

8. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

I order from them pretty frequently and pretty frequently return items ,since last year a few times it's been a long wait to speak to someone, same with Jegs, & Jegs have changed free shipping amount about 4 mouths ago . Speedy way , there is definitely problems going on there with the senior supervisor ( Lady) of customer service,
    (started in November )
    I had to use my bank to resolve an issue , three month ordeal ,been ordering parts from all three places for over 35 years.

loudbang and jimmy959 like this.
  9. jimmy959

jimmy959

Well I guess its just me, then. I’ve called three times (on hold for 15+ minutes each time), texted twice (no response) and emailed twice (no response) over the last 9 days. It’s as though all my communications fell into a black hole. Thanks anyway.

loudbang likes this.
  10. finn

finn

Did you take the three hour time difference (or is it four) into account when you called?

Every once in a while I fall into that trap when I call the Eastern Time Zone from our house in Arizona.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Budget36

Budget36

Have called them since last summer during all the crap, had to wait 4 or 5 minutes.

Maybe they have caller ID? ;)

12. jimmy959

jimmy959

Yeah, I take the 3 hour time difference into account. In the past, I have gotten nothing but great CS service from them. Immediate phone service, etc. It just seems strange all of a sudden. Oh well, I'll keep trying I guess.

13. Just dealt with them today to cancel a backordered item...10 min from start of call to end, no problem,,,,

LOU WELLS likes this.
  14. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Not just you. I called this week and couldn't get anyone. First time I've used them for anything tho, so I wouldn't bash them over one time... But I did experience the same.

15. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just placed an order with Garret a 1/2 hr ago. Got the automated 5 min wait recording but I don't think it was that long when he came on. I have been buying from Summit for years and have never had a problem.

AHotRod likes this.
  16. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

I am curious why you are having issue with the customer service?
    Long wait time with No answered call,
    when I've called lately I have been routed to Nevada ,Ohio ,Georgia and I believe Texas now,
    I have never used the email side.
    I know they are no longer 24 hours that sucks for me and they are limited on staff,

possibly ""boycotting Ca, ""
    Or Ca holding you hostage not letting your call across state lines or emails!!!
    Yr vehicle is not electric!
    Just joking;)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    alanp561 likes this.
  17. jimmy959

jimmy959

I'm totally stumped by this. I've called, emailed and texted at different times on different days and just get dumped into the 'canned music on hold' system. It's a first with me as I mentioned before. I know you're joking with the CA thing, because there are replies here from guys from CA who haven't had this problem. Must be me personally LOL...

18. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

i've also been a pro shop member for over 20 years now but that has no bearing on their customer service it's the same phone number now that you or I would call (800) I just wonder what's up ?
    If using a cell phone is it possible you have your phone number blocked to show up on a collar ID ?? but that won't explain no response on the email but again I've never used email services for summit.
    how about trying to call Georgia or Ohio by looking up the phone number not the one 800, here on the east they close now I believe it's one or the other 11 pm or 12midnight .

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  19. I have not had to call them in the last month or so, but I have been dealing with them since 1978 & they have been getting 10K+ per year from me ever since. Only two other companies I deal with have better customer service & the is my paint company (Tamco) & my bumper re-chromer (Tri-City Plating) & they are both much smaller companies!

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

20. chargin03

chargin03

No problem here.

21. TCATTC

TCATTC

I run a commercial shop and have bought many $$$ worth of parts from Summit, Speedway, and Jeg's over the years. Summit and Speedway's customer service can't be beat, Jeg's customer service dept. is lacking big time

Bill's Auto Works likes this.