Register now to get rid of these ads!

HUBBA HUBBA my 32-4 Tudor tribute to Gramps

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Runnin shine, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

By the time any one other than you and this thread see that heater out in the world it will have been accidentally kicked ten times, and the paint dulled by the real oil mist and dust that accumulates in a long term build. Don’t think you need to add any.

Between that effect and the “perfectly shitty” quality of everything I’m bolting to the A I’m tempted to tell people it’s a barn find before I clean it up and paint it lol

brEad and Stogy like this.
  2. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

[​IMG]
    The first piece of my favorite Christmas present showed up today.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

ct1932ford, Drylake, Stogy and 8 others like this.
  3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Gotta love a good mail day!

Stogy, fegsta and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I have no poetry to site but wanted to share with you good people. Those that have followed know this long endeavor was once a tiny seed planted in my head from a simple word repeated.
    Gramps passed on this morning. He was 92 and although not a hot rodder of our main focal fascination here. He was however a youth in this hobby’s golden age,( to me) got his first wheeled spirited adventures in his very own rag tag Ford A jalopy, went on to marry, work hard, raise 8 children, and look over so many grandchildren, great grandchildren, witness them flourish, as the world turned faster and faster. Everyone and thing grows all the while only for you and it to slow again.
    So with this very heavy heart I type God Speed Sir...
    “Hubba Hubba”

5. loudbang

loudbang

6. jhexide

jhexide
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

sorry for your loss.....

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  7. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

My condolences for the loss of your grandpa, while you mourn the loss take comfort in the thought that he will suffer no more and is in a better place now.

Stogy, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. You’ll be in my prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  9. sorry to hear....

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Sorry man :/ I know that’s a hard hit to take.

loudbang, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. God surely blessed the man, and God most definitely .. blessed his family. Sorry for your loss. Words are never enough.

.. but what a grand life. 92. Wow. Literally, super man genes.

Take care, brother. Will be praying for ya'.

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to you Runnin, your family and friends in the passing of Gramps...Surely an emotional time mixed with so many thoughts in loss and good memories...may he Rest in Peace and his Spirit live on...

Regards,
    Stogy

13. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Sorry for your loss. He will be with you every time you get into your car and drive it.

14. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

15. Sorry for your loss. My dad turned 90 yesterday... Cherishing every day I get with him.

16. So sorry for you and all your family.
    I'm sure he will never be forgotten.
    Wonderful life.
    And he will still be there in spirit. You will hear him saying, " You've
    gotta keep goin', get this car done!"

17. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:( Sorry for your loss.Lost my Gramps in 1955 Still miss him.He was 89.
    Leo

kidcampbell71, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  18. God Bless! May he rest in peace.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  19. toddwkman

toddwkman

sorry to hear...

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  20. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Hey! Any updates?

Stogy, brEad and kidcampbell71 like this.
  21. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah, what he said ;)

22. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

[​IMG]

This classifieds piece is on its way. It was purchased in a weak ass attempt to jump start work and hot rod spirit again. Let’s not hold are breath though. I’ve been bogged down with other family life efforts and squeezing in only little bits of guitar distractions. I have been five months now of saying I’ll hit it again fresh as soon as the new month starts. Now I’m on my kids last seven days of pseudo home schoolin, then we’ll crank Alice Cooper and see if I’m in a different vibe. Sadly I’m signed on to finish some home debacles this summer so... cry, cry, cry.
    Though I think Hubba Hubba is the coolest thing I’ve ever attempted to create I have just not wanted to physically work on it. It’s all been so hard already and I just feel tired when I look at or think of it. If I come up with some way to have any fun or refresh my soul I hope to get going hard but I don’t think 2022 stands a chance in the fiery inferno of happening now and that’s just depressing. I started this thing to kinda enjoy with the kids and wife. They’re now approaching 9 this year and only becoming more and more pains in the but, plus the wife doesn’t even like this kinda crap.
    As usual I have know idea what I was thinking. I maybe would of had the 32pu done by now but probably not.

Oh, well there’s always beer and ice cream, doc says I gotta lay off that, and we’re all out of ice cream

23. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Ya thinking "Teenage Frankenstein " or more of a later "Bed of nails/ Poison" vibe?

1/2 hour a day even if it's rubbing out chrome with dirty socks IS forward progress.

Clean all the junk out of the garage, put together all the little sub assemblies you can, plumb the chassis and put an engine in. Even if it's not perfect it will be close to a runner. Then finish off the sheet metal. Run it bare or in cheap primer.
    Perfection is a cruel mistress.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  24. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Thanks for checking in, I don’t really care if the cars getting worked on I just like hearing from you and whatever you’re up to. The hamb has always been a garage where you can shoot the shit.

the new old chrome piece looks cool. They always have such a warm quality that’s impossible to replicate.

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very few days go by when Hubba isn't on my mind...hang on to your dreams...I'm in a Bttt mood this morning so yeah life has been a challenge for everyone...you're not alone...I did do some Hotrod garage yesterday...1st in a while, felt good...baby steps my friend...such a cool Hotrod evolving here...and worth every bit of the journey as no one but you could create such a unique beast...

26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shine...HID...:confused:...Happy Independence Day...:)...Hope things are stabilizing whatever they may be...how's Hubba...is it pinching you or kicking you when you walk by...I have a garage FULL of things calling Stogy to Fixem' Up!!...kinda like this Look :rolleyes:...I've had a bitch of an unpredictable loss of Power for at least 2 Seasons in the Hotrod and got to know 94s and spark plugs and, and, and it turned out to be the fuel filter...:oops:...Ya know it just pushes Nose First into the Wind like a vintage DC3...327 Chevy, lovely little motors in a Circa 1963 Hotrod...no burps or farts any more...Stogy's Happy...That was the Ole Hotrod Angel and some mechanical thought and Hamb Thread Gleaning...Oh I swapped out the Massive late 20s Bigcar Lights for 2D1 Sealed Beams in an early 60s style Headlight Bucket, BIG improvement in lighting Hi/Lo in a Real Glass sealed beam...Small projects Big rewards...What's the Latest?...;)

I believe your Headlights will run 7" Sealed Beams...the Lens has an inspired look with the only giveaway possibly that it's not vintage is the Halogen text on the glass

20210703_053329.jpg

:rolleyes:...Before

0_20210526_165848.jpg

0_20210526_165907.jpg

0_20210606_064626.jpg

:rolleyes:...I think Sylvania Halogen in the center of the lense is the only thing different than the Old ones I remember...I was actually shocked at the size difference...What are you running?

0_20210629_054234.jpg

0_20210629_054432.jpg

I'm not anti Big Light but In 63 Most Hotrodders probably welcomed the Guides, Dietz and KingBees...and the Sealed Beam advantages...that's the other thing I gained....I drove in pitch dark last night with fair confidence...I live in Deer Country...

One of the things though about this Hotrod Jerry Built is it has a plausible Postwar existence so the Guides are very fitting too but I want a Smooth Topped Guide..and these ones with 63 being the Era these were probably available to the Hotrod, Truck, and Tractor Market...
    Wow...:confused:...Rambling Stogy...
    Like Timm said its Garage night amongst the Hotrod Crowd...

Thoughts on the New Lights? I may still search out Guide Chrome with or without Top Lamp...because the Hotrod still has alot of WW11 in the look...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    ct1932ford, tb33anda3rd, Tim and 2 others like this.
  27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Smaller light look good man, they suit the car well. I think the guides would still be a good fit because of your afore mentioned earlier vibe but seeing at night is not over rated either way you look at it!

I had those same lights mocked up on my A but they just felt to new for the build so I scrounged up some 7” king bees. Much better!

all in the details like this thread has always made a point of illustrating

Stogy likes this.
  28. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Guys, Hubba is gonna be 6v positive ground. Why? Because as Matt Damon once said “I’d pick the pipe wrench”

Stogy and Tim like this.
  29. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah? What’s the thought process there ?

Stogy likes this.
  30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021