Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I bought a '32 roadster!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cretin, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Drive'em

Drive'em

All I can say is BITCHIN!!! We go to thr Rock Inn every now and then, maybe I'll run into you one day. Take care and enjoy the hell out of your Hiboy,I know I do with mine.

loudbang, Stogy and cretin like this.
  2. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice roadster! Now go have fun!

3. cretin

cretin

Thanks everybody! I took the car out again today. I’m not quite sure when I’ll start making minor changes, I just wanna drive it for now! I might do the exhaust soon because the car is very quite. I need some of that distinct flathead hot rod sound!
    I’ll definitely update as I make changes.

Here are some photos from today. Some nice scenery on my lunch run, and got a photo with killdozers little brother.

IMG_2785.JPG

IMG_2786.JPG

IMG_2787.JPG

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2792.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. cretin

cretin

Cool! I'm sure I'll see you there at some point then, I'm only about 4 miles away from there.

Stogy, loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. AHotRod

AHotRod

That's a beautiful Hot Rod Cretin, well done my friend.

6. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

That is so freakin cool! Congratulations on picking up an awesome hot rod. If I were you I'd want to just drive the crap out of it too. Everything will wait, and it will all come together in due time. Happy driving!

7. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Well deserved! Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Stogy, loudbang and cretin like this.
  8. Nice roadster and glad your bouncing back.....I'm on year 5 or 6 on the fire at my old place....still a lot to move.

9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Nice ride Kyle. Inspiration for my 5W. Just curious though...no plates required for driving that in CA?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    Stogy, cretin and loudbang like this.
  10. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great news Cretin!I can't wait to see progress on your other rides,with this new Attitude Adjuster.

11. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Your hard search and perseverance paid off, make it yours and enjoy!

12. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Keep those cool pictures coming. I'm trying to get more ideas for my Deuce project.

13. I'm really sorry for your loss, I can't imagine losing all that. But that is one bitchin' roadster! I hope it's helping you to look forward and not dwell on what was lost.

14. Jimbo302

Jimbo302
    from Micronesia

That thing looks great, congrats.

loudbang and cretin like this.
  15. cretin

cretin

Yes, plates are required, but you have 20 days to transfer the title, which I'll do this week and then I'll get my plates. I just kept the title and bill of sale with me while driving it.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. Nice....

17. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Congratulations to you and the outstanding man you bought it from. Enjoy Frank

Stogy, loudbang, cretin and 1 other person like this.
  18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Glad for you, a fire is devastating. As others stated, this nice roadster is good therapy while rebuilding your life. Fits right in with your work vocation, too!

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Really happy things worked out for you! Great photos, how far out of Burbank is that? The hood is going to look great, have you run any test louvers in the Pullmax yet? Enjoy the ride! Bob

20. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A 32 flathead powered roadster = is good medicine !
    Enjoy taking your daily dose of that good medicine!

21. cretin

cretin

Thanks Bob. The photos are from aroung 35-55 miles away from burbank.
    We have run louvers on the Pullmax. We recently ran some on '32 hood tops and '33 hood sides. We also got a louver press set up at the shop recently.

lothiandon1940, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  22. cretin

cretin

Hey guys,
    I haven,t made too many noticeable changes to the car. I've just mostly been driving and enjoying the car! I picked up the car a month ago today, in that time on mostly weekends, I've put just under 1000 miles on it. It has run and driven pretty much flawlessly. The few small issues are what I have been concentrating on.

On Friday there was filming at the shop, and I knew there would be time that we couldn't make noise, so I drove the car into work so I could work on these small issues outside of the shop during this time.

The first thing I did was figure out the incorrect fuel gauge. It would show 1/2 full when full, and go towards full as you drove. I had wanted to make the device to figure out what sender was needed for fuel gauges as described by @Dreddybear for a while, as it would help me personally, and at the shop. So, I finally did it for this situation. here is the link if you are unfamiliar.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...-will-work-with-my-dumb-gauge-thingie.862020/

I have already used it on my gauge and a gauge cluster at the shop. It works fantastic.

Long story short for the rest, I tightened some things up, reattached pedal pads, tightened up the steering column, remade the upper steering column bushing that was broken.

Then, we decided since the car was so quiet, we should cut off the exhaust. The car was incredibly quiet. When driving, you could just hear the whine of the quickchange. It almost sounded like an electric car as you drove!
    So, Friday we cut off the exhaust. I will make a new exhaust this coming Friday. Just not quite as quiet.

Then yesterday I was at my friends shop helping him wire up his Pullmax, and on one of our trips to the hardware store, I decided to get paint to repaint the wheels. I've wanted to paint them since before I had the car, but it just didn't happen to be priority. But, I had the time, so we did it. I'm very happy with the results.
    I still want to change the color of the lettering on the hubcaps, but haven't chosen a color yet. I welcome suggestions.

Here are some photos, of before the color change, and a few photos after I took the car out today during this perfect roadster weather!

IMG_2870.jpg IMG_2871.jpg IMG_2876.jpg IMG_2878.jpg IMG_2880.jpg

23. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh yeah,Much better.

slv63, loudbang, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First off glad your getting back to some normalcy...the Wheels look awesome...enjoy the journey...I Look forward to more of your visions of Deuce Roadster...Cretin Style...working where you work the exposure to such diversity in vintage auto plus your own experience can only fill the mind with all kinds of inspirations but there is always that factor of carrying a torch fwd...an already well thought vision...great stuff!!

Cretin I am considering a headlight swap myself...I want a #2 Style Hi/Lo bulb Headlight for a more period look, I reference my Coupe as a Hotrod in around 63 by components...are those Guide? Mine are Nickel old chrome pretty beat up...and BIG...full of ambience but out of period by then..I prefer the ones without the small light on top as well...

...I like old chrome or not so perfect nice but used...perhaps that's why your thinking the change...

What are you thinking of running headlight wise...I'm interested...it looks very beautiful but dry there...very picturesque...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    cretin, brady1929 and loudbang like this.
  25. And one extra horse power!
    Looking real good.

cretin and Stogy like this.
  26. loudbang

loudbang

Black wheel HOT ROD. :)

-Brent-, cretin, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  27. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

That wheel color change was great.

-Brent-, cretin, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  28. wicarnut

wicarnut

Congrats ! Kool Rod ! Enjoy !

cretin, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  29. fegsta

fegsta

From one end of the scale to the other. Well dun, enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang, cretin and Stogy like this.