Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 52 ford 4 door coupe parts value

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ben Chirco, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Ben Chirco

Ben Chirco

I have the chance to buy a 1952, 4 door coupe, ford with a flathead in it. I want the flathead for my 1930 A which has a chevy 350 in it. Anything of any value in a 4 door coupe that i could resell?
    Thanks

2. That would depend on the condition of the car. Common parts across most models of that year include bumpers, hood, dash parts, lights, front suspension parts, windshield, some body trim, etc. Some of those parts apply to the 1953 cars, and the rear bumper to 54. Make a list of potential parts and check out Evil Bay. Yards such as French Lake Auto parts and RPM Motorsports sell those parts frequently and will give you a range of value.

alanp561 likes this.
  3. Ben Chirco

Ben Chirco

Thanks.
    Front fenders the same on 2 and 4 door?

4. Lost in the Fifties

Lost in the Fifties

Yes, front fenders are the same.

5. chopped

chopped

Can someone explain how a four door is a coupe to me?

6. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Headlight rings are used to french headlights.

alanp561 likes this.
  7. Yes, front fenders are the same, but applicable to 52 only. While they will fit the 53, the parking light mount is different. The 52 fender script, whether Mainline or Customline, is more desirable because it is a Stainless Steel stamped unit rather than the pot metal cast ones in 53.
    The front suspension is the same from 49-53.

alanp561 likes this.
  8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

For the most part, their isn`t much value. Buy the car for the motor. Other than the headlight rings and the grille, the rest would be a hard sell. Not much demand. Nobody wants to give you much money and always want it cheaper. So what you do sell, would be free money towards the cost of the car. But their will be some to chime in and say their is value and hang onto the parts. All depends on how long you want to hang onto the parts and how much room you have to store them. And how much effort you want to put into selling them. Then theirs the time in taking the car apart too. Good luck.

alanp561 likes this.
  9. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The front fender wheel lips would sell faster and are more sought after than the complete fenders. And easier to ship.

10. evintho

evintho

Post over on the '52-'59 Ford Social Group. Everyone is looking for smaller parts, including me.

11. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The only logical thing to do is buy a '52 Ford Victoria project car. You already have a parts car...and you could always stick the 350:eek: in it.

ffr1222k likes this.
  12. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

What the hell is a 4 door coupe?:confused:

13. Ben Chirco

Ben Chirco

Thanks for the good comments regarding what is in demand.

14. 4 door "coupe"......o_O

15. Depending on trim package the front door trim looks nice on 29-32 coupe an roadster

16. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

This would be a good practice run for you to turn a 4 door into a 2 door or just obtain doors from a 2 door and advertise it as such, but don't expect a lot of cash to flow into your hands. In fact the price of just the two 2 doors will be more than you would be able to obtain for the 4 door car. I will have to admit that I have found 4 door cars to be in better shape, rust wise than two doors. Reason for this is that people who who own 4 doors took better care of their cars than people who own 2 door sedans or hardtops. Maybe I am just looking at the wrong cars. I don't like 4 doors but with the number of conversations that is taking place (4 to 2 door conversations) the value of a 4 door might be on the upswing, or at least you will be able to sell it.

17. Ben Chirco

Ben Chirco

Depending on trim package the front door trim looks nice on 29-32 coupe an roadster

THIS IS OF INTEREST TO ME

COCONUTS-ALL EXCELLENT POINTS. I WILL ADVERTSE IT AS A POTENTIAL CONVERSION

18. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seriously, don't hold your breath if you take this approach. I think @evintho has a better suggestion.

19. Squablow

Squablow

Good hood hinges from a '52 Ford car are very much in demand, I've already sold a really particularly excellent pair for $400 on eBay, they fit all 52-54 Ford and Mercury cars. Parking light housings on a '52 are prone to rust out and solid ones bring decent money, a nice complete grille with decent chrome brings really good money, as most are shit. If the car is low mileage and has a steering box that isn't sloppy, that is also very valuable. It will come out with the steering column, the shaft does not detach from the box. Nice driver quality usable bumpers are valuable, but if the chrome is weak they aren't worth much as cores, only if they're pretty nice. The dash unbolts as one big unit on a '52, that would probably bring a couple hundred bucks unless it's messed up. A good pair of spindles is worth something.

The car would part out decently, but you've got to be willing to put the time into parting it, and expect to get half or less value from each part if you want to sell it outside of eBay and not ship it. It also depends greatly on how nice the rest of the parts are.

I have a '52 and a '53 and I've parted out a ton of these cars. They part out well, but only if you're willing to put in the effort to list the good stuff online. I've also done 2 door conversions on 5 different cars and I doubt you'll get anyone interested in this car to do that, the 2 door version of the car just isn't valuable or rare enough to make that worth it in most situations.

texasred and hotrodjack33 like this.
  20. Ben Chirco

Ben Chirco

SQUABLOW
    Thanks for the info. I have the time and space to park the car and slowly sell off what people are interested in. I will also ship parts. I like craigslist, but i guess if i want it gone, i should start with ebay. thanks again

21. What's wrong with a 4 door and a Chevy 350?