Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rodders journal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROBERT JAM, Oct 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

I am a subscriber and I guess I'm old school but I was taught when somebody was down, give them a chance to get back up, and that's what I'm doing.

2. Some people have been waiting a YEAR for them to get back up with nothing to show for their money. Name me a business you would give that much time to send you what you paid for? Sorry times up.

chickenridgerods likes this.
  3. 5window

5window

Times up, or what? I understand your continued anger and disappointment. I agree that something is terribly awry, but it's not healthy to carry all that around. Like others, I had a paid subscription going when I upped for a Lifetime Subscription. Like many, I haven't gotten what I paid for.But, I don't think these folks set out to rip anybody off, rotten life just occurred. Or something.
    I figured I was taking a chance on paying for the Lifetime Subscription. If I just count it as a contribution to help keep a great periodical alive, then I can be lot more comfortable. And if I end up getting something in return, like more issues, so much the better. If some can't do that from their hearts, or just can't afford the monetary loss, I understand. But, if you can, then you can sit back and hope or wait until the news finally comes down the highway.

4. I hate to say this, but can somebody in Virginia check to see if bankruptcy papers have been filed.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. Well said my friend, the people involved with the publication never dreamed the pandemic would happen and that in it's self caused many a thriving business to close the doors, it's hurt big and small businesses and the USPS has also been a factor in shipping.

It's not over till the fat lady sings & if it's the swan song for TRJ it will be a huge loss. HRP

Outback and D-Russ like this.
  6. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Hey guys shipping is a joke right now!

There are literally hundreds of ships waiting out in the open ocean waiting to be unloaded.

D-Russ likes this.
  7. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bingo. If you didn’t see the risk then you shouldn’t shop for used cars. We all knew it was risky but worth it. Really no different, to me, then contributing to worthy non- profits, only here the newsletter is Pulitzer prize caliber.

Outback, alchemy and D-Russ like this.
  8. Real world shipping example...
    One of my wife's accounts sent her a thank you gift card from a nice upscale restaurant chain. Purchased on-line and direct mailed to my wife's office.
    The order date was Dec 4th 2020. It arrived at her office yesterday afternoon.
    The post mark on the envelope was Dec 7th 2020
    Just saying
    Chappy

D-Russ, kidcampbell71 and Just Gary like this.
  9. KFC

KFC
    from UK

The problem with the shipping a bit irrelevant if the items haven’t been shipped though.
    They had been posting on Instagram but that stopped two or three weeks ago, doesn’t look good.

PoTaToTrUcK likes this.
  10. OverThePond

OverThePond
    from London, UK

To be honest I forgot I even had a subscription, guess 82 is the last one I'm getting, one less issue than I paid for. Shame about TRJ but I won't cry about a few quid lost.

Outback and PoTaToTrUcK like this.
  11. 5window

5window

Sort of off topic. but illustrating these strange days: I needed to renew my DEA Drug License for work-except I haven't actually worked for almost a year, I'm not sure if I will go back and the renewal is $888.00. So I put it off until almost the end (3/28) and then the DEA computer was down so I actually renewed at 11:30 Saturday night. Processing was noted to be 6-8 weeks. My license came in the mail Wednesday. That means the federal government processed my request,checked my background details, printed my license, put it into the regular mail. sent it from DC to rural central PA where it was sorted and delivered by my rural mail carrier-in 2.5 business days. But, it took over two weeks for my check for heating oil to be delivered to my neighbor 3 miles away. Weird.

chopped and rod1 like this.
  12. I really don't understand some of you guys. Hot rodding is a very small niche considering the total population of the world. You may not know everyone involved personally, but it's like a family – we're brothers, bonded by a love for old cars. You wouldn't continuously go onto social media and bash your brother, your father or your mother if they were struggling would you? Even if they owed you a few hundred dollars?

Come on guys, if you're over the Rodder's Journal, then let it go, be done and stop posting negativity. If you still have hope, then be positive – we need to support our brothers.

13. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Must be a 'rona thing, everything else is.

15. I don't remember what year TRJ offered the first lifetime subscription but I took advantage of it at that time. I figured a subscription at that time was about 50 bucks a year so I would spend 200 bucks in the next 4 years anything after that would be a bonus.

No one was forced to buy a subscription and it's like anything else in the world that you invest in you hope for the best, I'm sorry some of you guys feel like you got scammed or ripped off and I am truly sorry the money you spent put you in a financial bind.

To any of the staff that publishes TJR happens to read any of this let it be known that some of us wish you the best and hope you can survive this economic downturn.

I'm still pulling for you. HRP

16. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

TRJ if you happen to be reeding this, you ripped many people off...I do not wish you to continue to do business. Please shut down your site, there is no reason to continue to take peoples money if you can not fulfill orders for products purchased.

17. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

@D-Russ since we are brothers and all and you think of me as family...even though we have never spoke or met but just share a common interest please post me $280 that TRJ took from me. You know since you are a brother......

18. Why would I pay you $280? You need to take that up with The Rodder's Journal or the Better Business Bureau or perhaps even your favorite lawyer. The point is that bitching about it on the internet is not going to move you any closer to satisfaction.

19. Hard to take up with them when they don't answer emails or phone calls. People bitch so it might stop others from being ripped off just like every other thread on businesses that don't supply what they promise. I don't see you complaining on any of those threads about people bitching about your "hot rod brothers".

little red 50 likes this.
  20. I'd offer you the same advice.

lothiandon1940 and 5window like this.
  21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Please keep this thread civil... or it will be shit canned.
    Thank you.

Scooterville, Blue One, Lil32 and 8 others like this.
  22. dserge

dserge
    from WV

Flathead Johnny is right, we talk about it so others don't get ripped off. I'll bet they will still take your money if you send it. An honest person or company would shut down their site or better yet post on the site you are having problems at this time. Steve Coonan and company is nothing more than a common crooks, do you think he is not reading what is being said on various sites? If he was a man he would post some sort of an explanation even if it was he is bankrupt. Silence is not a good option.
    Go down to the local Auto Parts store and take $280.00 out of the cash register and see what happens, if you get caught tell them you are having cash flow problems because of the mail, and Covid,etc and I am sure they will let you go since we are all in to cars.
    TRJ is still stealing money for unsuspecting subscribers.

23. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

It,s funny to me how some people pick and choose who they will stand behind when they are having business troubles.
    This thread is a good example
    Stand behind everyone or no one

24. So we've heard thoroughly from all sides.
    Many are disappointed, some are angry, a few are ready to forgive.
    Can we move on now?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    jim snow, Lil32, i.rant and 2 others like this.
  25. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Not quite true - we have heard from many sides but not really the one we need too...
    @TRJ come on guys...

K13 likes this.
  26. ozzman

ozzman
    from orange, ca

Times are very difficult for many, just glad we can still use this board

27. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

HRP, as I stated earlier I get my TRJ at a bookstore so I'm not bothered by this thread. However, you refer to a subscription as an investment. It is not an investment it is a contract between the one who subscribes and the entity that is to provide the service,item, etc. If the party who promises to provide what is stipulated in the contract does not follow through then this is a broken contract not a bad return on an investment. Hopefully this will all be rectified soon but I'm not holding out much hope...

Carter, X38 and K13 like this.
  28. Budget36

Budget36

I’d agree
    But it give the folks who feel they are getting a shaft, a way to voice their opinion.

so step back a few years, if this post was here and active, would you have spent the $$ for a lifetime sub?

I emphasize with these guys that don’t have what they paid for, on top of the issues not getting a direct reply from whom they sent the $$ to.

I’ve no skin in the game, but understand their concerns.

K13 likes this.
  29. Lil32

Lil32

Danny
    well said,this may be off topic,but the thriving company (worldwide) I worked for at our
    airport was hit by the downturn,business dropped 65%,no planes landing,
    70 staff were put off, at 72 I took early retirement,we may not be able to return to USA till 2022/23

30. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Their last post on instagram was feb 16. In that post, there are 32 coments, most asking TRJ what’s going on......no reply from TRJ. I don’t know about anyone else, but I get a notification when someone comments on my pics. Above, someone has said their Twitter has gone silent too. Seems like the writing is on the wall fellas. It WAS a great magazine and I’ll miss it. At least if you’re an Alliance member @Ryan is gonna step up and help out like he said above.

You really gotta wonder though, how hard is it to put out an update? I really sympathize with those who haven’t got what they paid for. Especially right now in these covid times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.