Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical '36 Chevy clutch linkage question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SNS FAB, Mar 3, 2021.

1. SNS FAB

SNS FAB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I recently acquired a 1936 Chevy Master Deluxe 2 door sedan and am in need of some information about the clutch linkage. The linkage broke while cruising around the neighborhood. I found what looks to be two chain links laying under the car. I can't find any information in the service manual or online . If anyone could help with any information, it would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has an extra linkage and wants to sell it, please let me know. Here are a couple pictures of my new toy and the broken linkage I found. 1936 CHEVY (1).jpg thumbnail.jpg

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

You might want to check with the folks on the Vintage Chevy club website for that,those clutch systems were simple and could be factory but I never seen a 36 car before. I have a 37 p/u with a 38 to 46 clutch system and it just has a hook that comes from the pedal to the fork.

3. 24riverview

24riverview

I'm assuming you know chain is factory?
    I'd just go to hardware store and get some similar chain to replace it. My 39 originally used a link between pedal and clutch fork, when I was building it I used chain as a temporary setup till I could build a proper link. Never got around to it, that was 30 years ago and still working fine.
    cmp112.gif
    20180531_120058.jpg

Bob Lowry likes this.
  4. SNS FAB

SNS FAB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the info. I knew it had a chain for the linkage, I just wasn't sure if what I found was original or not. No luck with any of the vintage Chevy parts suppliers. Looks like I will be making a trip to the hardware store.

vtx1800 and Bob Lowry like this.