Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finding stuff on the HAMB

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 36roadster, Feb 21, 2021.

1. How do you find an old post in threads which you have posted in, using the "search" function. Many times an old thread has been dug out from the swamp, and it shows your little picture on there (when you have posted in the thread), but even if I copy the title, put it into the search function, then put my name in the "Posted by member" bit, I always get the same thing- "Hamb- no results found". what is the trick to this?

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

1. Put your mouse pointer on your member name.
    2. Click on your profile page
    3. Pan down a little and you will see....

Interact
    Content:
    Find all content is all the posts you have posted on.
    Find all threads is all the posts you created /started.

3. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Also, if people would spell correctly and use correct grammar and sentences that would be helpful. When typing in a search with the correct spelling and grammar, then we would not get the dreaded screen... no, not 404, but, "Hamb- no results found." Also, leaving off from the title: /// or ... any other symbol, helps in the search parameters. It might be fun creating a title, but if you cannot remember those slashes or dots, then the dreaded screen pops up with regularity. like: "Custom cars in the spring snow ! ! !"

Even if we click on "find all content..." it still lists all of the posts from day one to the present. But, there is a way to type in a subject like: "55 Chevy" and then your own profile name. Almost every post that had mentioned the 55 Chevy pops up in a giant list. That is easily the best way to find something.

Jnaki

Even if you are one of those guys that saves every post in written form, unless it is saved on the HAMB list, there is no direct access to the many posts covering the stories. Other than the method above.

Thanks for storing all of the files and posts for research information... Guys like 296ardun have a ton of valuable posts on old information of HAMB friendly cars and builds, including drag racing from the early days. It is just not a bunch of copied photos from the internet with no information on who/what/where, etc. But, it is valuable to visit those ones we all missed and re-read the information. Thanks @296ardun

Thor1, 296ardun and catdad49 like this.
  4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

This is not complicated nor need to be lengthy.......

36roadster is looking for HIS post or you can do on other members as well.

Just follow my instructions and you will find the list of every post you or other members made or started.

1. Put your mouse pointer on your member name or any other members name..
    2. Click on your profile or any other members profile page
    3. Pan down a little and you will see....

Interact
    Content:

6. Follow cob's instructions, simple. HRP

7. Thanks for the reply. When I go to the ""Find all content by 36roadster or other member " part, it comes up with all the posts, but I would like to find one particular thread, and not have to go through the list of all of them to find it.

8. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

And I would like to win the lottery..... :D

X38, lothiandon1940 and The37Kid like this.
  9. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Then do as I recommend and either add the topic name or subject and then add 36roadster directly after it as I instructed.
    It could provide the post you are after or at least give you a list of posts under the same subject.
    No lottery just magic.

Thor1 likes this.
  10. 296ardun

296ardun

Thank you, and I would in turn endorse the many posts you have here. You were there in the days of lore, and your videos are treasures in and of themselves.

Thor1 and jnaki like this.