Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '32 ford coupe found it's way back home after 56 years

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hapydz, May 16, 2013.

1. Very happy to report that the United Pacific steel front fenders arrived at my little shop today. With all four fenders (still in there shipping cartons) in my little shop, I had better do some reorganizing...LOL

2. earlyv8ford

earlyv8ford

The smile on the original picture says it al.... that's why we keep playing with these old hot rods!!!

Hapydz likes this.
  3. As I have mentioned before , I will be 82 in June, I feel that this project with all of its parts have helped my body and my brain to be in better shape than it would have been without it. Considering life as it is during these times , I feel very lucky that I can occupy my spare time and thoughts planning and working on my little Ford Coupe.....( That's my story and I'm sticking to it......)

4. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At age 76, I'm not too far behind you and I feel exactly the same. I've been following the wonderful story of you and your little coupe since the beginning.

36 ROKIT and Hapydz like this.
  5. 6inarow

6inarow

these pictures are the best!!! thank you

Hapydz likes this.
  6. I don't know how cold it is where you live but here in Thunder Bay, Ontario it is colder than a Well Diggers Boot......Don't even want to leave the warm house to make the very short walk to the heated shop.......Ya I know , I'm just a wimp.....LOL

36 ROKIT and 6inarow like this.
  7. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love your tenacity.One of the best stories out there.My pops has had his 1919 Dodge since 1955.

6inarow and Hapydz like this.
  8. Panzerfabrik

Panzerfabrik

Your story makes one smile from the inside. It turned out the way it ought to be. Congratulations.

6inarow and Hapydz like this.
  9. Not much to report on the 32 these days as it has been so darn cold here in Thunder Bay that I haven't been in the shop (which is heated) very much. I thought I would post a photo of my '39 taken during the summer on a warm evening...Ahhhhhhh....... Rt Side Insur.jpg

10. One hell of a story

Blue One and Hapydz like this.
  11. ^^^^^^^^^
    Sweet!!! '39!!

kidcampbell71 and Hapydz like this.
  12. Actually spent a few hours today out in shop. I decided that tomorrow I am going to clean off every flat surface out there.......Not a good idea to use these areas for storage....LOL ....It's about time that I did some organizing and put some stuff away where it belongs ...... before I get back to working on the frame. It sure is nice that the bitterly cold snap seems to be over....Ahhhhhhhh

13. My buddy's always bugging me that "I'm organizing", but at least I'm in the shop, and something is getting done. Sometimes, I even work on a vehicle.

Blue One and Hapydz like this.
  14. Not very much to report except that I now have all the frame boxing plates tacked in place with most of them welding in.....bit by bit we will get there.....

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Any progress is good!

36 ROKIT and Hapydz like this.
  16. Took some photos today of the nearly completed master cylinder set up. Lots of little considerations but I think we are just about there....... DSCF0011.JPG

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    36 ROKIT, greaser and kidcampbell71 like this.
  17. Nice design; you have some hours wrapped in that!
    Spring is just around the corner!

Hapydz likes this.
  18. Aviator99

Aviator99
    from ohio

what an awesome story thanks for sharing!!

Hapydz likes this.
  19. Paul Crane

Paul Crane
    from Montana

Amazing story! Thanks so much for sharing.

Hapydz likes this.
  20. Thanks, Ron

21. toddwkman

toddwkman

awesome!

Hapydz likes this.
  22. The Power Booster set up is a "Welder Series" package by Horton, in Ontario. They sure make beautiful stuff to make our lives so much easier !!!!

36 ROKIT, 59chev and simplestone like this.
  23. I guess the next items to be ordered are the covered running boards. What a great time it is to be fixing up the Old Girl !!!!

24. ol48

ol48

Looks like the one I have

25. Show us what you have ol48.......

26. ol48

ol48

I will try to find a photo

Hapydz likes this.
  27. I was out in the shop last evening working on the inside of the driver side frame rail and I was wondering how many 82 year old (well almost) guys are worried about the amount of gloss there is on the inside of their project car's frame......... Don't say it, I know, I know.....LOL

28. Got a bunch of the small body parts that were missing (frame horn covers etc) ordered up on ebay the last few days. I think the running boards will be coming with the above mentioned beautiful bench seat... Nothing like Christmas at Easter........sort of...

36 ROKIT and Algoma56 like this.
  29. I hope you weren't worrying about the gloss inside the frame rail. If so, you got other things to worry about!

Denns1989 likes this.
  30. You are so right, Algoma....... LOL !!!

Denns1989 likes this.