Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

A fellow HAMBer just purchased this sectioned shoebox and will be freshening it up and repainting it. He posted the following inquiry over on my "Sectioned but Unchopped Customs" thread:

"...Before I paint the coupe, should I radius the rear wheels? I like the looks of this, but wanta keep it cool and not overdone. Going to have wide whites and fiestas. Tell me what you think. Thanks"

Anybody want to show him what his new rolling stock would look like, with and without the radiused rear wheel wells? I'm not sure whether the body-side trim would have to go if he does alter the rear wheel wells. Maybe you can address that, too.

Thanks in advance!

loudbang likes this.
  2. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Sorry, here are the pics! tapatalk_1613442823526.jpeg tapatalk_1613442826743.jpeg tapatalk_1613442831221.jpeg

kiwijeff and loudbang like this.
  3. My friend has one with radiused wheelwells that may be of use.
    100_5484.jpg 100_5485.jpg

4. 1.jpg 2.jpg

5. verde742

verde742

first things that GO: Spotlights ?

6. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Thank you, Moose! I can certainly dig the radiused wheelwells, and definitely agree with the change in rolling stock. I'll share your edited image with him.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here's how I would do it. Pick a bold shade and use it sparingly. A splash of color on satin black goes a long way.
    ZZ What simple Final.jpg

Just Gary, OahuEli, madfish and 6 others like this.
  8. vinny harms

vinny harms

Jesus christ that's almost how I imagine it. Only thing I'll change is the rims by putting chrome super sport cragars and skinny whites. Keep up the good work

Sent from my SM-S111DL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Really nice effect. Would adding the edge of the bed lip over do it?

loudbang and Rot 'n Kustom like this.
  10. That looks good

loudbang likes this.
  11. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Not exactly over do it, but lessen the effect. That streak just in front is ever-so-slightly jarring, which is why it works.

loudbang likes this.
  12. Here's how that will look...

chevwheels.jpg

13. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I hear Cheech and Chong!

"LOW RIDER"

OahuEli, loudbang and Jim Bouchard like this.
  14. verde742

verde742

my biggest problem, is when its done ( my project ) its time to sell and move on..

For instance : I like that Chev truck the way it is represented in the first picture, I wouldn't keep it long enuff to change it. When I am tired enuff for a change. I sell. Darn it..

loudbang likes this.
  15. vinny harms

vinny harms

16. bjmayberry2

bjmayberry2

Moose you do terrific work. My 56 is at the bodyshop getting the color scheme you did for me. Here’s a peak.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. @bjmayberry2

Wow that's looking really good. Can't wait to see the finished product. I always enjoy seeing digital idea come to life.Thanks for posting!!

OahuEli, Peanut 1959 and loudbang like this.
  18. bjmayberry2

bjmayberry2

I was going to ask you to do another truck for me but I can’t add more pictures. Got any idea how to add them?

loudbang likes this.
  19. Squablow

Squablow

So was sold on the baby moon caps on black steel wheels and whitewalls concepts that were done for me, but yesterday a guy stopped by my shop and sold me a complete set of these Appliance wheels for $50, so now I'd really like to see what these look like on the car, probably just with blackwall tires although I'm not opposed to thin stripe whitewalls either. These are all 14" and the front wheels currently on the '57 are 14" as a size reference.

If this crap cellphone pic of the wheels isn't good enough to use, just a generic Cragar SS or whatever could be substituted, I just want to get an idea of what it'll look like with 5 spoke chrome wheels and blackwalls, if it's worth investing time into mounting up tires to use these right away. Thanks in advance.

20200714_190630.jpg
    IMG_20210218_192221.jpg

Elcohaulic and loudbang like this.
  20. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

I would like one of you talented guys to change the wheels on this truck. Maybe artillery or what ever you think might look good. Thanks guys.
    Resized_20200808_180818_653.jpeg

loudbang likes this.
  21. Squablow

Squablow

Thank you FIF-T-3, that's perfect. I'm pretty sure I've got the tires lined up too, so I'm definitely going to give it a go.

OahuEli and loudbang like this.
  22. Mine used to have artillery wheels and wide whites

20201115_132500.jpg

Tony Martino and loudbang like this.
  23. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

@swade41 Something was bugging me and I was struggling to put my finger on it. I think you need a more aggressive rake to suit your aggressive bigs 'n' littles. I took the liberty; what do you think?
    swade41 truck 01.jpg
    swade41 truck 01 with geometry.jpg
    Here's a geometric guideline I've figured out for a "classic" hot rod rake. If a line clipping the tops of the front and rear tyres is parallel to the floor/running boards/sills/something which defines the level at which the car sits, you'll peg the look.

OahuEli likes this.
  24. What happens when you try to add another image ? Are you seeing any kind of a failure message?

loudbang likes this.
  25. wheels.jpg

loudbang and Bigbangtheory like this.
  26. bjmayberry2

bjmayberry2

It would only give me a choice to select images I already had added. But it finally let me add more or so I thought. It might have something to do with me using an iPad???
    Do you think you can do the color swap? I really appreciate the ability to “see” color combinations BEFORE you fork out the $$$$.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  27. bjmayberry2

bjmayberry2

I’m not sure what happened. I thought I posted last night but I don’t see it now. I added the red & white truck but it won’t let me add the other one???

Moose Can you change the red on this scalloped tuck with the Mediterranean Blue metallic on the Ford Flex? http://gtcarlot.com/colors/car/50380482.html

[​IMG]

treb11 likes this.
  28. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It did post last night, but I'm sure it got deleted because you posted a picture of an OT truck to show the blue color you wanted used!

loudbang likes this.
  29. bjmayberry2

bjmayberry2

Thanks for the feedback. You’d think you’d get a notice or something saying it was being deleted. I thought it was something I did.