Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods coker Wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by berardgreg, Feb 12, 2021.

?
  1. lead times on coker wheels. back ordered delays in shipping

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. wait time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. berardgreg

berardgreg

Has anyone received any wheels from Coker tire this year 2021... If so how long were they on order before you got'um

Attached Files:

Bandit Billy likes this.
  2. deucemac

deucemac

I am not sure if I would deal with them in regards to wheels. Coker bought Wheel Vintiques in Fresno. I had multiple problems with them before Coker bought them. Unless they overhauled the company from top to bottom! I would be quite leary. After too many problems, I went to WheelSmith and never looked back. I told the guy on the phone when I placed my first order, about my problems with Wheel Vintiques and he said he just loved them because their problems gave WheelSmith lots of repeat business. Wheelsmith was also lots faster in filling my orders. Just my two cents worth,

egads, quick85 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. x2 what Randy (Deucemac) said

anothercarguy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ordered spoke wheels in March of 2019. Coker told me that they were on back order and they would place me on the list. I spoke with Jimmy at Rally America and he said he could make the wheels for me and I sent him $ in advance. I was wanting 16 x 5" with 5 X 5.5 lug pattern which was a catalogue listing for Coker
    Coker called late November 2020 saying I was on top of the list and wanted to know if I still wanted them.
    I had just gotten my wheels from Rally America the previous week, which I am quite happy with... he used Motor Wheel centers....but just saying....
    Depending on what you want, they might be out there awhile

5. cornfield county

cornfield county
    from Indiana

It took a year and a half to get wheels?

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ROTFLOLWALOA
    (rolling on the floor laughing out loud with angst, lots of angst)
    I ordered two wheels for my pickup last spring, chrome reverse custom back space. After months of waiting they arrived and were the wrong backspace. They said it would be October/December before I get the right ones. I couldn't wait so I chopped the centers out myself (vented, chrome steel) and sent them to the Wheelsmith who welded them in chrome hoops for me.
    Dealing with Coker requires lots of luck and lots and lots of patience. I don't plan on going that route ever again.

winduptoy likes this.
  7. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

Coker has some good product idea's and provide a needed market but they don't have a good concept of quality and service. They need someone in leadership for Quality Assurance.

Frankie47 likes this.
  8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I currently have a set of Wheel Vintique wheels from Coker that I bought back when they were powder coating them and while the coating is acceptable it does not compare to the quality of Wheel Smith. Since that experience I've bought 3 sets of powder coated wheels from Wheel Smith and they have been delivered on time and were the right offset and of the highest quality. I just wish they made 18 inch gennie style wheels. I would advise having the hubcaps fit to the wheels.

egads likes this.
  9. TCATTC

TCATTC

How does the Wheelsmith's prices compare?

Elcohaulic likes this.
  10. Do you want to compare the price of the wheels, or the quality of the finished product. If you don't care enough about the quality, just buy the cheaper wheels.

11. 5window

5window

That is a legitimate question, but it really made me smile. If the same, great, if more, fine. Do you really want to save money by not having your wheels? Like my Dad used to say, "We're losing money, but look at the volume!".

12. TCATTC

TCATTC

Just like to have the info. Just because something costs more doesn't always mean it's better quality. Also there's no price list on their website.

Elcohaulic, quick85 and Beanscoot like this.
  13. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Ol Corky doesn't own Coker anymore does he?

14. deucemac

deucemac

Nope
    I have found WheelSmith to be either the same or slightly less cost. I don't know about their entire line, just what I purchased.

5window likes this.
  15. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes... In the meantime it got steelies
    Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Steel33Tudor

Steel33Tudor

Thanks. I have purchased a number of vintiques from Summit - wondered about wheelsmith.

17. The problem with Wheelsmith is they don't offer a vented later-style chrome wheel; it's basically a smoothie-style wheel that takes the 10.125" hubcap. Wheel Vintiques seems to be the exclusive seller of those...

Elcohaulic and Bandit Billy like this.
  18. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Correct! And that is why I had to cut the centers out of the Vintiques and send them to Wheelsmith to install them in reverse hoops. I suggested he should scan the centers I sent and start offering the vented wheels, who knows? Maybe he will.

19. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Wheel Vintiques Series 62 and 64 wheels are excellent wheels. I've had several sets of both.. TCATTC, Just go on the Summit web site and they will tell you everything you need to know. I work hard for a living and I always have to know what its going to cost.. I have never had any Wheel Vintiques Series 62 or 64 wheels give me any balance issues.. They use the 60s style centers with the three vents and three bumps for the hub caps.. The centers have extra room for a center cap too. If you want to run them hub centric just but some hub rings, I've done that and it made absolutely no difference in ride, handling or anything over the lug centric..
    I was amazed at the high quality of the Series 62 and 64 wheels for the price. Summit is a wonderful company to deal with.. That said I always have new wheels put on a balancer and have them checked for runout both side to side and up and down..
    I also bought a set of Chrome steel wheels from Rally America from Jimmy. They were excellent wheels too but they were no different then the Wheel Vintiques Series 64 wheels.. Actually, I bought chrome wheels from Jimmy because his price was $40 lower....

I hope you find the wheels you want. They can be a real pain to get them right.

elco night side.JPG 2018 front passenger 2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021