Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical ***1933 ford drag car survivor****

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 31whitey, May 14, 2009.

1. This is one of those threads you feel you have to echo in on....because it is so unique, and yes, cool. You can build a modern day hot rod, but you can't replicate the years that have come and gone, since this was built....boy, if this car could only talk! Please leave it as is (sure some cleaning, might be in order).

2. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Holy cow! Me and a buddy came across this by a lead from a guy in his church. Less than 5 miles from where we work and we checked it out a couple of times prior to the lady deciding what to sell it for. We checked about 9 months later and no answer - must of been gone! Too cool that it's been parked since '64 - all so her husband could focus on raising his family - too bad he passed away a few years ago. His wife's a super nice lady. It used to cruise the local circuit with him and his wife by his side. Neat survivor for sure. Here's some pics we got while checkin' it out:

Attached Files:

3. vernmotor

vernmotor
    from ohio

Gives me hope that some day I might just maybe..find and own something cool.. Nice ride I realy like it ! BIG THUMBS UP !

4. It's for sale in the classifieds. Someone step up!

Stogy likes this.
  5. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Friggin' AWESOME car.
    C-dan, with cycle fenders, and no boards...pretty neat.

6. 31 Coupe

31 Coupe

Fantastic find, please preserve it as you have indicated. Several photos show the hood alignment at the cowl to be off some, has the chassis sagged or has the grille been raised somehow? One side shot looked like the hood was running uphill? This is just something I noticed. Well done, good luck with it, GB.

7. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

very COOL nice car HAVE FUN :cool::cool:

8. cool as hell, Love them tudors!!!

9. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

any up dates pics? It's been seven years!!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Very cool car. Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy likes this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was for sale in 2010 perhaps by the original Poster...I like yourself wonder what become of it...

12. titus

titus

Ive always wondered what happened to it, i wish i would have tried to strike a deal when it was for sale. killer car.

Stogy likes this.