Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Auto transport

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratfink56, Feb 6, 2021.

1. ratfink56

ratfink56

I'm looking for input from those who have actual experience having a car shipped in the USA. Not much luck with the folks who advertise the service here. Too busy or no longer doing it. So, what company did you use? Were you satisfied or not? Can you recommend a company? Going from PA to AR. Thanks in advance. Terry

2. I used Bill (Bill's Auto Works) and was extremely pleased. The 3 guys on the Hamb-O-Dex refrain from hauls in the winter months due to potential road conditions and the chance of tearing up their equipment.
    I have also used commercial haulers in the past for OT late model vehicles, with mixed results. Most of those companies put it out on a national haul board, and you get whomever accepts the haul for hopefully the price quoted.
    Going from PA to AR is not a real long haul. Could rent U-Haul stuff and do it yourself.

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  3. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Just this pass weekend Bill (Bill's Auto Works) transported a '57 Chevy for me to my sister in Florida. I couldn't be any happier with the transaction, from when I first contacted him a month ago, 'til he called to tell me it was delivered. Very good communications.
    I had been going to take the Chevy myself for over a year and then just like that, it was done. I wish I would have thought of doing that sooner. I highly recommend Bill if you need a car transported and I would definitely use his services again.
    The thing to remember is, if a person is backed up with jobs, then it's probably because he does a great job and I would say it would be worth the wait. I suggest reading what Bill has posted in his thread in the HAMB-o-dex along with the testimonials of his customers. Ron

4. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Reliable Carriers, Intercity Lines and Passport Transport always work great. They might be a bit more money, but they have reliability, insurance, fast service and are more likely to pickup and deliver your car in a timely fashion. You've spent your hard earned money to buy a car, don't skimp on the shipping. Also, a lot of the smaller carriers and/or those found by brokers do not have insurance. Sure, they might show you an insurance card which insures the truck and trailer, but this does not mean that the cargo-your vehicle-is insured. Keep in mind that if any damage occurs while your vehicle is in a For Hire transporter, your insurance will most likely NOT cover it-it is the responsibility of the transporter's cargo insurance.

pierceleaving.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021

5. 4ty

4ty

My brother and I used TRULY VINTAGE to transport his 72 Vette from CT to Florida, wonderful guy. Advertises on the FordBarn.
    Paul in CT

6. Another happy Bill's customer and he is a Hamber. HRP

7. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I’ve used intercity from Michigan to Seattle, very professional. It was hard to find a carrier going to the PNW, I was lucky when I called the had one spot open at the time going there.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

Bill's he is moving a car for me in a few weeks. I have used other people and have had ended up with damaged fenders more times than I can stand

9. Thanks Paul :cool:

I have been on the HAMB since 2008.

Just dropped off this 1967 Plymouth Belvedere
    to Bob today in Nuevo, California.

89AC487F-45C1-43E0-B8ED-CAA82A855346.jpeg

The second vehicle I have hauled for Bob.

I reunited him with his 1968 Satellite
    Survivor that had 21,000 original miles on it
    when sold it (46) years ago ...

It had 28,000 miles on it when I delivered
    to him on Christmas Eve of 2020.

C4FB8CCA-A955-4305-8971-524375DEC205.jpeg

I will pick up a third car for Bob in
    Northern Iowa when I deliver my next
    load out of California ....

First - this 1913 Model T Runabout
    gets picked up in San Francisco - it goes
    to The MTFCA Museum in Richmond, IN.

8D69DD03-C43A-4B49-885B-5DB9ECC34642.jpeg

It will share a ride with this 1910 Chalmers
    Detroit 30 Model K that is headed to
    The Gilmore Car Museum in Michigan.

B8B2277D-B27E-4AEF-9DFA-1A8A4E076925.jpeg

I do a lot of museum transport :cool:

I just transported (3) display engines
    with transmissions on stands to
    The Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum
    in Auburn, Indiana that came from
    The Towe Collection in Deer Lodge, Montana.

3D7FD774-EA80-4B9E-A701-086FDED6D964.jpeg

They shared trailer space with this
    1955 Chevy Gasser that was sold here
    On The HAMB:

@ https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/original-1955-chevy-gasser-100-proof.1216926/

726980BA-0C88-4B59-A2ED-395CB7BDBB57.jpeg

Google “ Model T Transport “

Google “ Early Brass Car Transport “

See what you find ....

I have been in business since 2006.

Call or Text

Jim
    260-804-6695

Click Here To See Where I Am Today
    What My Actual Customers Say Click Here
    Click Here To See Vehicles I Have Hauled

ED33B31E-DBC9-4376-90E9-744CE15B3BF7.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    47chevycoupe likes this.
  10. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I've had FIVE cars shipped from various parts of the USA to my home in Washington State. In each circumstance, the company I hired farmed the actual transport out to another transporter; they for the most part, are clearing houses or brokerage firms in the industry; some don't even own their own trucks. All the moves went well, except for one delivery driver who was a giant tyanasaurusrectamus on arrival with my 51 Chevrolet Business Coupe I'd bought out of Texas. A real jerk. Some of the cars were even switched off between other companies along the way, pony express style so-to-speak. $800.00-$1200.00 in costs involved depending on the distance and routes taken; they try to avoid mountains and harsh winter weather. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

11. I've used 3 hamb haulers, Bill's Auto Works, Racinman and BenD several times and they have all been great at being on time, communication and they treat your car like it belongs to them. HRP

12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I have used Reliable in the past. They pick up the car when they say and deliver it when they say. No long waits and so far I have had no damage. They're not the cheapest but when I contacted some of the smaller independent carriers they weren't interested in coming to Nebraska.

13. Nothing wrong with Reliable, hell I used them myself one time! 2 & 1/2 years ago I bought myself an OT "exotic" for my birthday from a dealership in Arizona. They wanted it gone in 30 days & I was booked 100% for 60 days. Reliable did a great job & were cheaper than me! Funny, the driver knew who I was & teased me a bit:p Here they are pulling up in front of my house!

Again I am humbled by the support of so many fellow car guys here in the Hamb Family. I appreciate it greatly & would like to think I have too much respect for thread creators & personal integrity to not hijack their thread for my own gain like some others.

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

IMG_20180603_162057960 (800x450).jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    Budget36, 55 Ford Gasser and KJSR like this.
  14. ratfink56

ratfink56

Thanks for all the replies. Bill hooked me up with Dave Phelps who lives just 50 miles from the car. Dave has already been a huge help ironing out the logistics. And I understand that he is now on the Hamb o Dex. Thank you Bill and thank you Dave. I look forward to having my car delivered the middle of next week.

15. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Just to let everyone know, the transporter's insurance, will "not" cover a claim, unless the vehicle has it's own existing insurance. So, if you sell a vehicle, it's wise for the buyer to have insurance before it's picked up.

16. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Bill, Next time you are in Auburn let me know and we can grab a bite at the Auburn Streakhouse! Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Bill's Auto Works and Budget36 like this.
  17. Unique Rustorations likes this.