Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 52 Business coupe Build, What would you Do???

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 1twisted1, Feb 6, 2021.

1. your plan sounds good. By 1962 we had the 327 sbc that changed things at many stoplight battles. I do recall in 1958, the local auto electrical repair shop owner had a 51 Chev fastback 2dr. He did a 283 swap, he was good friends with the local junk yard guy. They used the motor, 3 speed and rear axle from a wrecked 57 Chev. Of course , they didn't tell anyone, just showed up on the street sounding nasty and smokin them bias plys at will. Car was fast then he put in a new 4 speed. By late 62, he got a low mileage 327 from his junkyard buddy, put on better tires and continued to kick ass on the street. Car looked very stock, no custom wheels, paint, stripeing etc. that was the "sleeper". Hey Chevy in a Chevy, a 327, 348 or 09 is good.
    Curt R

1twisted1 likes this.
  2. 1952henry

1952henry

I have a low mileage (38,xxx) Pontiac 370 from car that was bought for GMC truck replacement. Complete from factory 2bbl carb to auto tranny. Been inside since it was pulled. Still spins over, if interested.

1twisted1 likes this.
  3. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

In 1965, I knew a guy that bought a black 52 Chev Hardtop, 331 Cad, dual 4's, Isky E-2 camshaft, 3 speed, and 51 Olds rearend. Car ran and sounded real good !

1twisted1 likes this.
  4. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Helped a friend build a 53 210. 2 post. His brother worked at a gas station that sponsored a dirt stock car. The local track changed the class from six cylinder to v8s. So the racer was re - motored and the six became surplus. Was a 292 out of a GMC panel truck. Was cammed, the head had been worked and it wore a 2bbl carb. It had open stubbie exhaust stacks on the track, we cobbled up a split exhaust. It had a three speed with a cheapo floor shifter and and a rear end out of an Oldsmobile station wagon.sounded nice and was pretty peppy. The one thing I do recall was in the three years he had it nothing broke and it never failed to get home.

1twisted1 likes this.
  5. 1twisted1

1twisted1

1952henry please PM me, that would be a super cool motor to put in my car..