Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Paint it with a roller, no sweat about parking lot dings then...:rolleyes::D

Squablow and Rot 'n Kustom like this.
  2. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

I rebuilt a low milage 74 Ford LTD that was a insurance co. total loss and some parts had been used off it at the dealership I worked at and pieced it together with multicolor parts and did not get to painting it and loaned it to a friend Jack who need a car to go to work. A couple weeks later Jack & Kieth showed up at work and Kieth was driving this shines Grey 74 Ford LTD. turns out they had painted my car with Porch & Deck Enamel. Kieth just cut it in with a 4 inch commercial brush and rolled the rest. One of the slickest paint jobs. Kieth was a house painter, and I asked them if any Alcohol was involved and they both laughed. I kept that car for ten rears and when i sold it it still looked good.

3. Squablow

Squablow

I just now noticed that a reflection of me, taking the picture, was added into the red rendering. Also, in real life, there is a tree that would be behind me, and to the right, from where I took that picture, and it's in the reflection. There'd be no way to know that from the original picture, but it's uncanny.

loudbang likes this.
  4. I always try to make things look as real as possible based on the foreground,image angle and by trying to envision the background as it might look. I guess I got lucky on this on or maybe I've been lurking around you yard.:D

Peanut 1959, loudbang and Squablow like this.
  5. Squablow

Squablow

I looked at it for quite a while before I picked up on that. It's really accurate, almost alarmingly so! At first I thought you maybe overlayed a picture of another car on top of it, but there's too many distinguishing features for that to work. And with such a blotchy paintjob on the original picture, that can't make it easier, I'm impressed.

Can I see the same picture but with the car white? I'm really sold on the red paint, but white would be easier to make the bodywork look good. With the white, I'd also like to see it back at it's old height, and maybe dial some of the blue-ish reflection out of the steel wheels. Madfish's tire rendering looks exactly like the tires and wheels I have.

Don't get me wrong, I love the red rendering, but maybe the more likely scenario would be all white, and tall.

loudbang likes this.
  6. OK is this better...

white.jpg

7. Squablow

Squablow

Damn, that was fast! That is exactly what I was thinking of.

I must say, I like the red version better, but the white would be easier to do.

But a paint job is still probably a ways off in the future. The wheels I'm fairly likely to do this summer though. I'm definitely sold there, and it's gonna need tires soon.

Thanks for the rendering. When it comes time to paint this car, I'll circle back to these pictures.

I've committed this summer to turning my '62 Imperial into this rendering.

20200410_115528.jpg

JamesD fins added.jpg
    IMG_20201126_141702.jpg
    Gonna be a long road...

OahuEli, James D, Peanut 1959 and 2 others like this.
  8. Pretty cool...are those Lincoln fins?

loudbang likes this.
  9. Squablow

Squablow

The quarters are from a '61 Imperial, which shares the rest of the body with my '62 so they should line up really well.

The car also has a mangled hood and some rusty spots that will need to be repaired. I'm going to try to match the paint and blend it in and only paint what absolutely needs to be painted, just from a budgetary and time standpoint. That might be the trickiest part. But any areas that are getting painted can get some custom work done there, so some emblem shaving and molding shuffling is going to happen as well.

I've always wanted a '61 Imperial. When I got my hands on this one, I knew it needed the '61 fins (which I already had and was saving), and the quarters need work anyway so it's the perfect time. Now, if I can find a 60-63 2 door hardtop donor car for the doors and such, then this project is going to get more involved.

21821496-1961-chrysler-imperial-crown-thumb.jpg

10. 33 coupe

33 coupe

I'm trying to decide whether to leave the wide whites of change to black walls. Can someone photoshop this pic and give me a visual. Thanks 33 pass.jpg for the help.

Gas_Tires_Oil and loudbang like this.
  11. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Black walls PLEASE

loudbang likes this.

12. bw.jpg

13. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Help me figure out a classy mid 50s color for my 53 Buick Roadmaster. The interior is dark red and black. Id like to see what maroon, dark green, black, light grey, maybe even a pale yellow would look like. Thanks in advance buick side.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  14. Squablow

Squablow

Not a Photoshop, and I'm sure someone who's good at color changes will step in and do one on your 2dht, but my dad had a '52 Roadmaster sedan that was red and silver and I always thought the paintjob on that car was perfect, would go with your interior, too.

000_0003.JPG

15. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Is that your dads car?

loudbang likes this.
  16. 33 coupe

33 coupe

Thanks so much. I like it that way. Maybe rear tires need to fill up wheel wheels a little better

loudbang and Busted Knuckles like this.

17. 2.jpg

18. Squablow

Squablow

It was, he sold it. It had been burnt in a garage fire but only the old paint melted off and the windshield shattered, the rest was OK, so he bought it burnt and changed the color from black to this.

loudbang likes this.
  19. Here's a few for you to ponder....

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  20. shorrock

shorrock

Hello
    I bought this car last summer and found that the engine is very worn out, had gearbox trouble as well so decided to hop up a bit with a french flathead and a T5 transmission working on a Chevy rear axle. Mechanics are well under way but I want to decide about the final paint. Moose or anyone else having the ability - could you please change color brown to black and white to mouse grey. Would like to paint the car but might paint the roof and upper hood black.(everything above the door opener)
    Thanks so much!
    20200909_133525.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  21. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Moose, Thank you. Can you do a much lighter yellow? And bubble skirts!
    butter creme.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2021
    loudbang likes this.

22. Yellow.jpg

23. atch

atch

I always wondered what one of these would look like with the tail lights removed from the top of the fenders and different ones cut into the bumpers:

[​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  24. Gas_Tires_Oil

Gas_Tires_Oil

Thinking about Scallops on my '31. Cream or Silver, or any other color you think. Also I'm unsure about starting it in the cowl area or just on the sides. Can someone do me the favor? Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1931.jpg
      1931.jpg
      File size:
      287.1 KB
      Views:
    loudbang likes this.
  25. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here are three: Mandarin Red, Mandarin Red and Dark Grey, and Sapphire.
    ZZ 53 Roadmaster 00 Final.jpg ZZ 53 Roadmaster 01 Final.jpg ZZ 53 Roadmaster 05 Final.jpg

26. Mmmm....that Mandarin Red and Dark Grey is tasty.

loudbang likes this.
  27. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here's a similar Imperial I did awhile back. Taillights in the trim.
    1962 Imperial Final.jpg

loudbang, Squablow and themoose like this.

28. 1.jpg 2.jpg

29. Scallops.jpg

30. lights.jpg