Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMBers you would enjoy meeting in person.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

I'd enjoy meeting just about any HAMBer because I enjoy being around like minded people. There are a few that stand out because I enjoy seeing the cool collections...Moriarty, Ron Funkhouser, and what ever happened to Kiwi Kev. Than there are the do-it-yourselfer's like PorknBeaner and AndersF. Loudbang would be cool to hang out with and I'm sure Bob Bleed would be a blast.

2. SEAAIRE354

SEAAIRE354

@trollst I’ve had speed week on my bucket list for awhile now so I’m taking your post As an invitation. I’m still a long way from getting there but being able to meet fellow HAMBERS is even more incentive.
    And one member that I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned here is Johnny sparkle. His thread on how not to build a hot rod has been great. And I’m pretty sure I could get in trouble with Loyds paint& glass. I’m a fire fighter also and that just makes it worse or better.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I would like that as well especially if a ride in a 40 they built was included.

I’d also like to visit my friend Danny (HRP) and meet him and his bride.
    Maybe have lunch with them and score a ride in the sedan. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  4. trollst

trollst

Seaaire, you're on if they open the border to us canucks, I was geared up for last year but......

5. 296ardun

296ardun

Thank you! I would like to meet you too.

6. I just remembered, I’d also like to meet @loydspaintandglass, @J-Ukrop, @Ryan( what?, he is the head cheese around here), @ladyhrp and even though she’s not a member here i’d like to meet Ms.Linda.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. You guys are funny. Putting folks on a pedestal. I have met a ton of folks from here in 20+ years. Most are just average Joes, many away from the keyboard are just introverted car nerds that you can't get more than two word out of.

hrm2k, Just Gary, ekimneirbo and 9 others like this.
  8. ..... True.:)

9. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Yep, ALL THOSE GUYS FROM PITTSBURGH!!!
    Years ago at The Jalopy Showdown, Latimore PA, the dirt track and grounds. I was solo camping and a group of guys from the Pittsburgh area invited me over for beers and food! Great people! I would definitely like to see those guys, hear what projects they are working on.

10. Not i says me! I don't even own a computer :D

11. vinny harms

vinny harms

loudbang likes this.
  12. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

"Many away from the keyboard are just introverted car nerds that you can't get more than two words out of."
    Lloyd, I'm thinkin' that "bottoms up" is the only time you use just two words.:p

13. D type

D type
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd like to meet some of the talented artist's that post on the Friday art show .
    It would be great to shake the hand that created some of that great art !

41 GMC K-18, Stogy, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  14. Koz

Koz

The list of Hambers is endless I'd like to shoot the bull with but my short list is-

Just Louvers, (Chip), if for no other reason to hear about the Roach Coach,
    Marty Strode, who is my constant muse,
    Ryan, for obvious reasons,
    and Chris Casney, ditto.

Every Hamber I've ever met has been great conversation and part of this constant learning experience of building cool stuff. My only regret is I didn't get to meet so many of the greats that have passed before us. Nobody is getting any younger.

15. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Trent, I see this a little different than you. It's not about putting people on a pedestal, more like wanting to learn more about the person, and how they got started in this hobby/business, and share some thoughts. There are far too many for me to list, as I appreciate their skills, body of work, and approach to solving obstacles, along with the wit, that shows in their posts. And Trent, I hope to meet you at Speedweek, this year !

16. Oh, I agree with you but there are truly a lot of fanboys here and on IG and FB that do as I said. I love meeting folks from here in the real world. That is one of the reasons I have hosted several Meat and Greets and HAMBbq's over the years. I will make a point to look you up during Speedweek. We had planned on spectating but have a couple folks that have asked for our help crewing

hrm2k, 41 GMC K-18, catdad49 and 2 others like this.
  17. cad-lasalle

cad-lasalle
    from grafton nh

18. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

I would like to meet that guy that looks like my 32 coupe
    Sent from my LM-Q720 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More importantly, I am willing to meet ANY of my fellow HAMBers...thus making their lives more fulfilled and meaningful.;):p

41 GMC K-18, trollst, Boryca and 8 others like this.
  20. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Funny. My absolute favorite people on this earth are those that know when to shut the fuck up. :)

As for the pedestal thing, I've held people in high regard without meeting them before. Once I meet them, that bar can go up or down I guess.... but ultimately, I'm neither better or worse for it.

Before I met Fabian, for instance, I certainly had him on a pedestal. I met him at the roadster show and was super intimidated. He was really quiet and intense. I've gotten to know him better since obviously... and I think he's on a higher pedestal now than from before I met him.

I enjoy admiring folks and appreciating their accomplishments. It gives me something to strive for.

hrm2k, 41 GMC K-18, trollst and 10 others like this.
  22. Oops, that rules me out! :D HRP

23. Yeah, well Ryan falls in the quiet category his self. Offsets many of us. ;)

24. Spoken like a true New Yorker.:D:D:D

Ben

25. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LMAO. I actually grew up in Southern Calif...but I think I held myself in high esteem on that coast too.;):D:D:D

26. Hell Jack, you're a legend all across this nation brother!!!!

27. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Cody Walls and Kid Campbell.....at the same time

28. beegator

beegator

29. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ya know Lloyd, I always thought I was kinda special...even the kids who rode the "short bus" with me mostly agreed.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021