Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Had some free time today so I thought I'd have some fun with you project. I hope this gives you some idea of how it will eventually look and offers some inspiration .

Custom UTE.jpg

2. Squablow

Squablow

This is some of the best Photoshop work I have ever seen here on this thread. Not just from a design standpoint, but the amount of effort the paint must have taken, with realistic shadows on the tops of the fenders reflecting the sky, and reflection of an empty, mostly snow-covered parking lot on the sides which isn't visible anywhere in the picture but you know it's there. Even the way the reflections take on a slightly different angle between the cowl and hood seam, and the door and rear bun panel seam.

I'm a hack with a free download of GIMP2, I only know just enough to know how difficult this job must have been. Extremely well done. Work like this makes me nervous to trust anything I see on the Internet.

3. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is absolutely incredible. You never cease to amaze me with Photoshop abilities.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  4. @Squablow
    Thanks so much for the complements. When I first started playing around with Photoshop I thought like most people that it was just a tool to touch up photos as its name would imply but the more I used it I came to realize that it was so much more. Not only can you edit photos but you can create art from scratch. Even after using it for quite some time now I'm still finding new new ways to doing things to get results that are realistic as possible. Again I want to thank you for the complement , it's much appreciated!!
    Moose

5. 61SuperMonza

61SuperMonza

Moose,
    I like the look with the spider caps and rings. I think it just need to be a little lower in the front. If you could lower the front about 2" and put the car in a different background, that would be killer. Thanks for all you do for us. Just fabulous work.

6. Lower.jpg

61SuperMonza and loudbang like this.
  7. 61SuperMonza

61SuperMonza

Thanks Moose,
    The stance is just right. This look is growing on me. I may go this route until I find the 4 spoke Hollywood Barela or M/T wheels that I've been looking for.

loudbang likes this.
  8. D2Denny

D2Denny

Thinking about replacing my wheels with steelies this winter. How about a rendering with hubcaps trim rings and a complimentary or contrasting color to the top. (Interior is approximately same color as the top)
    Thx
    Dennis

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.

9. wheels.jpg

10. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

OK, Photoshop masters, how about a fine tune on the great job you did, way back when? You converted a 56 Olds 2 door hardtop into a Nomad style wagon, with '98' trim on it. I'm about to put the body back on the frame on this project, and want to paint the firewall before I do so. I' do the same color that's on the front of the car for firewall and wheel wells.
    So, I had to chose paint. After MANY hours of deliberation, and consultation with friends, I chose a 2017 Nissan Rogue color, a bright copper pearl. Now, I could not find a stock color that I liked to do the second color. So I mixed my own up, a light beige pearl. Here are the color samples to work from.
    Your mission, if you decide to accept it, is to try out different color placement on the car. Some I'd like to see:
    colors just like the first photoshop. Then light color up front, AND on the roof. Then reverse the light and dark, just for fun.
    Thank you in advance for all your help, guys, it's been a long hard project, but we're getting close! 100_2330.JPG 3.jpg

11. This should give you some idea....

1.jpg 2.jpg 33.jpg

12. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Thanks so much, moose! You have no idea how much these Photoshops keep me inspired and moving along on this build. I have them all over the shop to look at when my enthusiasm is waning!

13. loudbang

loudbang

I like the first photo the best. :)

kidcampbell71 and anothercarguy like this.
  14. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Middle one for me!

15. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I like both the first and third!

16. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Ditto, in spades. I don't know if you Gentlemen doing all this Photoshopping realize it or not, but so many times your works help pull some of us through stagnant periods. Whether occasional depression, or just plain doldrums, it's nice to have a reminder of, and a peek at, our dream/goal to rewind the spirit.

So, Thank You, from me as well.

17. I don't know about the other guys who are doing the Photoshop work on this thread but I get the same benefit of staying upbeat and occupied when especially this time of year I can't get out as much as I would like when the weather is not to great...Looks like a win win!!!:)

18. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I got started doing this when I realized I had more car ideas in my head than I was ever going to see in steel. So I put my ideas down in pixels and moved on to the next idea. I started a group on Facebook called "Neo Kustom Cars" for post-1964 customs that I couldn't use here. And now, between the HAMB and Facebook, some of my ideas are actually being built by you guys. Thanks for that!

19. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I can attest to Dave (Rot'n Kustom) being a huge help, as well. He had some great ideas for a GTO on Vette suspension, to bring in Vette styling on the body. A project that got pulled. Then on a 66 Skylark that is getting close to paint. If you like later model customs, check it out.

Rot 'n Kustom, loudbang and catdad49 like this.
  20. D2Denny

D2Denny

21. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

And more money is saved...a priceless resource of the H.A.M.B. (and we should call him Mr. Themoose). Lol. Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

themoose likes this.
  22. The moose does amazing work no doubt about it. He might have branched off into doing deep fakes now:)

themoose likes this.
  23. @Unique Rustorations Believe me I've been called all sorts of names over the years most of which aren't prefixed by Mr.:D:D
    @borderboy1971 I prefer to think of it as creating potential realities.;)

24. madfish

madfish

Sorry, I'm late to the party but real respect has to be paid to Moose.
    Yes, a lot of people have made contributions over the years but Moose has persevered and has
    consistently done amazing work. In spite of some of the difficulty presented.
    So, Kudo's to you Moose and thanks for everything you've done .

Wayne

25. I will be forever grateful to moose for help with my mother/father's tombstone. After dealing with the guy that was designing and etching the stone and getting EXTREMELY frustrated (the guy even etched a stone without our approval), I reached out to moose with a big ask to help. And help he did. He got the picture perfect, exactly what we were looking for. That made it easy to then take moose's picture to the the stone guy and he could then just use that to etch from. Worked out great. Thanks again moose.

26. Wow thank's guys...I'm sitting here blushing. All of you are what makes doing this stuff worth while.!!! I want to thank all of the other contributors to this thread for being the main reason for me getting interested in digital art. @madfish (Wayne) was the one who most inspired me and drove me to try my hand at it.
    Moose

slv63, OahuEli, kidcampbell71 and 5 others like this.
  27. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Thanks, Mark. You're too kind!

28. silent rick

silent rick

can we do one more change to this one? instead of the 6x2, how about a 4-71 with a pair of 97's on top

T (1).jpg

29. madfish

madfish

30. silent rick

silent rick

and you polished it too. thanks, you're the best @madfish

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021