Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures IronTrap Garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 4, 2021.

1. mgermca

mgermca

With the covid situation I have been watching a lot of youtube content on the flatscreen here in the shop.
    Enjoying watching Matt on his HAMB friendly car adventures.
    If you have a youtube account and a smart TV or streaming box you can build a 'watch later' list that'll run however many vids you've saved on the list sequentially, saves clicking all over the place for every vid clip.

BTW, check out Ben Kahan's '4speedfilms' https://www.youtube.com/user/BenKahanfilms , gotta encourage the young guys! 4speed.jpg

Flogknaw, mad mikey, HEMI32 and 6 others like this.
  2. Jonnylightening

Jonnylightening

Just recently stumbled across Iron Trap Garage on YouTube. Awesome show!! Alot of helping info, especially for people like myself just getting into the world of hotrodding!

mad mikey, Nostrebor and Stogy like this.
  3. Yep...finally got a feel he was the real deal and down to earth kinda guy.....have enjoyed is spill.

Nostrebor and Stogy like this.
  4. keywestjack

keywestjack
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Pittsburgh

Tuesdays, Fridays and Sunday Service...would not miss it for the world!

5. I have watched before. It`s great!

6. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

The problem with Matt is he keeps gathering some killer cars and parts like his 33 3 window with the Scot blown Ardun and it just pisses me off with tremendous jealousy! :D
    I agree though @Ryan he has a passion and is a regular guy who supports the hobby so what's not to love. have chatted with him a few times on DM's and he's just a good guy. Agreed on the other shows, lost touch and too over the top.

weps, mad mikey, jim snow and 2 others like this.
  7. Roothawg

Roothawg

OK, so I have a question for you youtubers. I just bought a smart tv with youtube. Can I sort the episodes , so I can watch them chronologically? I don't want to watch random episodes. My universe has to have order. I am not a techie.

dan31 and RICH B like this.
  8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Off the top of my head yes.

I think if you go to the channel and then to videos they appear newest first. There’s might be something to click to re order them but worse case scroll to the bottom.

the only time I’ve watched them in order beginning to end is to go to playlists and watch “the free t” or another specific build from end to end.

I know every viewing platform is different but they might get you somewhere

9. Do it Over

Do it Over
    from NYC, NY

I enjoy Iron Trap Garage. Very informative and entertaining.

weps and mad mikey like this.
  10. emil

emil
    from sweden

I’ve also been following ITG for a good while, when I depleted the mad fabricators well I found him building a chassis for Eastwood and been stalking since. Really liked the free T build as well as many here.

Also watch deadend magazine, bellos kustom, four speed films, fuel tank and hot rod revue. All entertaining videos even tho all of them are not very active with putting up videos.

It is always fun watching people putting in the work or displaying proper car culture instead of all the fake drama and car salesman personalities of “reality tv”

Skickat från min iPhone med H.A.M.B.

Just Gary, mad mikey and Tim like this.
  11. mgermca

mgermca

The most efficient way is to create a YouTube account, no cost, no fuss. You can do this even if you have no intention of uploading vid clips yourself. Then you can build your own playlists from any YouTube video poster and put them in any order you like....

Tim likes this.
  12. Roothawg

Roothawg

I have an account, but It doesn't seem like the stuff I save on my computer transfers on to my tv.

13. Wrench97

Wrench97

Do you have the TV signed into the same account?

Tim likes this.
  14. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yes sir.

15. Wrench97

Wrench97

That's strange, I have not tried it with the TV but on 2 laptops and my phone the account shows the same info.
    See you are not actually save it to your computer but to the YouTube account server and then connecting to the YouTube account on a different device.

16. WhitewallWill

WhitewallWill
    from N. Van, BC

Saw Matt on Eastwood's channel I think doing a channeled Model A a few years ago then when that ran out I tripped across Iron Trap. I also watch Fitzee's fabrications on YT. Humble is cool. Both these guys get it.

weps, mad mikey and fauj like this.
  17. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Love watching Matt and Mike on the channel good stuff

mad mikey likes this.
  18. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Besides the down to earth type of video Matt provides, one of the coolest things about the show is the setting. That rock-walled shop makes me smile every time I watch an episode.

weps, wandi harry, mad mikey and 5 others like this.
  19. Roothawg

Roothawg

So, I have been binge watching for the last 3 days. I’ve started the Sweetheart roadster build...and I can’t seem to quit.

Blues4U, Nostrebor, mad mikey and 4 others like this.
  20. Agreed! I swear I can smell that shop! It just reminds me of old shops I would go visit with my grandpa!

Nostrebor, mad mikey and jim snow like this.
  21. I stumbled across ITG sometime last summer while looking for some ideas and inspiration while still collecting parts myself. I've watched several videos and wouldn't mind attending "church" someday when passing through that part of the country.

mad mikey and jim snow like this.
  22. deuceman32

deuceman32

I too have been following Matt since the get go. While my taste in hot rods is not the same as his, there is a lot of content that has encouraged me to fabricate more and catalog less. Followers will also see that there is an ITG discount code for many Eastwood items.

jim snow, mad mikey and Tim like this.
  23. Yes Matt is the kind of person who can relate to us old guys as well as the younger guys . He knows his stuff and think he probably learned a lot from his Dad . If I need some advice or part he is only 5 miles down the road and Eastwood 4 miles away !

Stihl73, bowie, weps and 2 others like this.
  24. I stumbled up on Matt's site a few years ago when he was prepping the meat truck to go the Hershey.I have spent many a boring afternoon at work being entertained by watching his exploits, Matt is the real deal and strangely enough looks like one of my nephews. HRP

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    Just Gary, weps, Tim and 2 others like this.
  25. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

I first became aware of him when he posted pictures of his shop over on the Garage Journal forum, and have been a faithful viewer since.

mad mikey and kidcampbell71 like this.
  26. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

He's young.

27. Roothawg

Roothawg

and no kids...

28. Harley1x

Harley1x

Thanks for the link....

29. dan31

dan31

A friend of mine told me about it, I binge watched the hell out of it when I was stuck at home with covid, now i'm a fan of the show, good stuff.

mad mikey and weps like this.
  30. Flogknaw

Flogknaw
    from Texas

Big fan of Ben!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.