Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help where do you live

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sdluck, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Heck, I even use my location as part of my username...;) Never been scared to say where I am from and it sure helps meet others in the area.

2. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Where I live you can't get here from there, but that's neither here nor there.

3. rudestude

rudestude

My shake down cruz route I used to take was out your way.
    Take I-84 cross at Biggs run up the hill ,pull into Goldendale , then on up to ? someplace up the road cross over Mt. RAINIER then out to I-5 south exit at Longview cross over back to Oregon take Hwy30 and I was back home.
    Nice drive,
    I use to deliver new cars to a Dodge dealer in Toppinish ?
    From Oregon ,untill I made enough to buya 66 Charger from them , then quit, I would stop at a little roadside spot for a belly fill up, can't remember exactly where it was except that it was at the top of a pass and it was basically a gals front room of her house converted to a kitchen from what I remember..nice gal and damn good food.
    Took these pics on a trip up and over in 1982 someplace along the road up there, wasn't your place was it?
    20210107_233716~2.jpeg 20210107_233731~3.jpeg 20210107_233659~2.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My location is no secret. If any of you guys happen to end up in my neck of the woods broken down , hungry or thirsty ,I´ll be happy to fill you up on Weißwurst, Brezen and Beer. I may have a few spare parts for your broken down jalopy laying around aswell. I have to warn you though, our beer is usually served in Maßkrügen, that´s a little more than a US quart , or a Liter and it´s common to have more than just one Maß. :D
    For those occasions we have guestrooms too.

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You had me at BEER!

6. Fstarocka

Fstarocka

Ditto!

San Pedro, CA :)

chryslerfan55 and Baumi like this.
  7. rudestude

rudestude

Ya my dad fished there till last year , his cancer is getting him , its difficult for him now , keeps up on all the B.S down there from his fishing buddies through F.B, I would go down and check on him last year ,he had it pretty rough ,sitting in his truck eating hot food, watching t.v or stereo drinking coffee B,S'n with his buddies, he is the same way in his boat, 2 years ago I thought I would go out with him in the boat so my brother came down ,we hadn't been out with him in years ...last time I remember we couldn't talk,not very loud, listen to a radio, tap your feet , move around unless you had to...don't want to scare off the fish you know.
    This time ...get to the marina, meet up with one of his buddies thats also a retired Firefighter, dad retired as a Firefighter Lieutenant after 30+ years,
    Get in the boat, this thing got dept finders, fish finders, depth chargers? stereo and tv, surround sound ,C.b's ..not the way it used to be.
    Anyways it turned out good we all got our catch, salmon,
    Was probably the last fishing trip with him , just today he had to go in and have a port put in his chest getting plumbed up for a new treatment there trying on him ,others aren't working anymore , he also has COPD
    Anyways sorry for going O.T.
    I know , No pictures... it didn't happen..
    Well here's some pic's and to keep it about traditional Hot Rods and Customs heres a shot of
    his custom also, the car he had when he met my mother then he crashed it shortly before I was born.
    I bought one a few years back and started building it like his was , with the 235 six and Corvette triple side drafts even,
    See what happens.
    He had his fishing , I had my Hot Rods.....I would give up any one of them for just a few more fishing trips with him. 151002_033702_3.jpeg 151002_033702_5.jpeg 20190708_222822~2.jpeg 20160327_173203~2.jpeg

8. slowmotion

slowmotion

Wouldn't it be a helluva lot easier for the party in need to be more specific of their whereabouts? I'm on board with members general location. It's cool to know a posters locale, SoCal, PWN, East Coast, SW, Dixie, whatever. Sometimes it even makes more sense of a post. I'm more than happy to help someone out if possible & able. But hey, in this day & age, what could possibly go sideways with TMI on the good old inner-webs? o_O

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. southcross2631

southcross2631

I never had an issue with telling my location. Can't steal anymore than one of my family members has already done.
    I live less then 10 minutes off I-75 in Athens, Tn. If you ever need a hand just let me know I can hook up my trailer and come to the rescue. That's what life is all about , giving more than you take.

10. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

probably would be if that's what showed up under your avatar!

11. Michael Ottavi

Michael Ottavi

Where I live, nobody can even spell the name of the place let alone find it on the map. It is a million miles away from NYC my former address.

Baumi likes this.
  12. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just went through the experience of trying to get information from two different long time members who were interested in buying some of my parts, car parts that is. They each wanted to know how much it was going to cost for shipping but neither one was willing to tell me the zip code that they were in so I could get a price for them. I sent both my name and address for payment. After three different attempts for each one, one sent me only the zip code and the other sent me his address without his name. Both purchased the parts and I didn't get full names and addresses until they sent the money orders. I spent a heck of a lot of time that I could have used working on my projects instead of going back and forth trying to work with the buyers. Selling parts I don't need is something I do to make it possible for me to acquire parts I do need. I'm not trying to get rich from it.

13. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In a truck in N.W. Ct. 4D123F52-3143-4083-8C05-8E524B0C598D.jpeg

14. reagen

reagen

I live right next door to the poor house

15. Wow! I didn't know we were neighbors. I live in the poor house. :D

16. CDN FORD FAN

CDN FORD FAN

Just a little too far for me, I will be in Lower Saxony, if Covid clears up, in July from Canada

chryslerfan55 and Baumi like this.
  17. -Brent-

-Brent-

I've had to pull down pics and delete threads because of a few different weirdos who thought it was okay to find my home on their own.

So, I get why some folks wish to remain private.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. 5window

5window

Well, friends, I beg to differ. If I'm dealing one on one with a HAMBer, no problem. Friends on the HAMB, no issue. But, this is not a restricted site. There are many folks out there in the world looking for an easy buck. Posting pictures of what I've got and then telling them exactly where it is doesn't seem like a good or safe idea to me. So, if you want to tell everyone all of your data, I have no problem with that but I decline to join in.

19. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You could have used "Snow Belt" for a location and saved yourself a lot of typing.;)

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Just southeast of the hell that is Flint, MI. I can see Nehring's from my house!

21. ..I get that and I agree. I would never advocate that anyone should put their "exact" location, i.e. street address, out for public consumption. I certainly wouldn't want some chuckleweiner showing up at my front door out of nowhere only to be greeted by my 12 ga.:eek:...You've done the right thing, Central Pa. at least gives someone a thought when considering maybe shipping something to you or getting something shipped from you. It also let's folks know that someone nearby might have advice or even a helping hand with an issue or that the two of you might be in the same vicinity and could shake hands at some point. If someone in Southern Maryland was in need of a second set of hands, I would attempt to help 'em out, but if I knew they were in Portland, Oregon there's probably not much I could do to help...Don.:)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  22. Oilguy

Oilguy

Near Longview, WA. My address is Longview, I live in the county outside of town, and I am in the Kelso school district. Beats me where they come up with this stuff. Anyway, always willing to help other car guys if I can.

23. Or RUST belt:D

24. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Just Pocatello Idaho And There Have Been Many In Need Over 50 Years...Bring It!.. 134383528_2834585416865721_2308482028673944060_o.jpg

25. Hell it's on my business card!! I don't fear company. I make money from it :D not like most of you use your real name anyway! Hard to find somebody named 1badrabbitballs or crapdmypants lmao!

slim38, chryslerfan55, reagen and 8 others like this.
  26. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Nicasio Ca.
    Population 106
    Saaalute!

27. lancew1959

lancew1959

Bakersfield Ca. Half the year and Wheeling WV. The other half.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

There's probably many reasons folks don't want their location on here. I doubt it's general paranoia. I think like previously stated many just sign up and don't think to fill out the profile info. I personally don't care if people know where I live, but I don't like people cold knocking on my door either, one of my oddities. If you're headed to my house, you better have called first, or you'll probably get the door closed in your face, lol. Just how I am. It's a medical condition. My mom is a nurse and she diagnosed me as "being an asshole"....

29. rudestude

rudestude

Hell I was found by the cops one time under the name
    ' John Doe "
    A few years back I was out in my yard talking with a friend and a County deputy Sheriff car pulls up he gets out walks towards me, I see a folded paper in his hand ....crap...I say can I help you, he says ya , are you John Doe? ?. What...he says I got a notice here to appear in court as a witness for a John Doe at this address...I say ain't John Doe a dead man, then I tell him my name , my friend says I think hes outback with Jane Doe, cop laughs then shows me the notice and points to a name of the person that was going to be in court.
    It was a dumb ass that I knew, he says ok then your John Doe ...gets on his radio talks to someone ,then says ok this is whats going on...apparently someone told the cops this guy was staying in a trailer in my driveway, he never was, and they didn't know my name so the court just put John Doe and my address....what kind of system is that?
    I have the paper someplace still, it all got thrown out apparently because I never had to go to court.
    They had my address but they didn't know my name?
    Lets just call him John Doe. Crazy...

30. There was a thread once where a guy was looking for a 3 spd floor shifter to convert his broken column shift car. I had a new one in a box but told him it would be expensive to ship. He told me where he was and it was the same small city in Indiana....what are the odds?