Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures IronTrap Garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 4, 2021.

1. MojoRacing

MojoRacing

Matt get a thumbs up from me too! He Keeps it real and traditional, plus we both have the same name, we both are left handed, and we both love hot rods! Except he has a cooler garage!

2. Matt is a terrific instructor , explains things very well. He has some great skill but yet is humble . His shop is awesome . Great projects presented very well. All around great guy who lives and breathes traditional hot rodding. And he lives not far from me.:)

3. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I watch Iron Trap when I have free time at work, don't tell anyone!
    I will be starting a project that was influence by "The Free T' project. Matt shows that you can build a rod from cast-offs.
    Also on a recent one he and Mike talked about their $20 challenge,, how they started with $20 and with buying and reselling they both had a nice pot to buy something major at the end of the year. I wish we had the auctions out here that they have back there, because Pomona is Gone and Long Beach is a former shell of what it used to be.
    With that said, Matt is a great instructor for the average Joe

4. TCATTC

TCATTC

It must be good entertainment or something for all those "TV show" shops to have deadlines...fictitious reality I guess.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats to Hamber @IronTrap on this notoriety...it's well deserved...

He gets it...and I certainly enjoy his offerings at the Hamb...and otherwise

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  6. brady1929

brady1929

I have watched before. I liked it.

mad mikey and Stogy like this.
  7. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

I've been watching for a while now too. he can be a bit chatty at times but does good work and is very entertaining. I love the '34 coupe he is working on.

8. AHotRod

AHotRod

Matt is a real hot rod guy.

9. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been addicted to I.T.G. for a couple of years and look forward to seeing what he has going on in the shop. I like his explaining what & why on what he's going to do and then watching his method of execuion. I've picked up quite a few tricks watching him. Also like his humility - never tries to claim to be an expert.

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

new to me - Cool

mad mikey, Nostrebor and Stogy like this.
  11. Roothawg

Roothawg

I'll have to check it out.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've only watched a few of them so far. Someone posted a link somewhere and all the sudden I was binge watching at two in the morning.

13. 2manycars2littletime

2manycars2littletime
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

New to me; thanks for the tip, Ryan.
    This 64 year old rookie will be able to learn a lot from Matt & ITG.

14. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Been watching his YT stuff for some time. Love his style; he's a figure it out/do it yourselfer and can scrounge with the best of em!
    Has a killer garage too!

15. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

My son learned while at school for Robotics and Mechanical engineering that engineers say "good" and millwright say "good enough". When you think about it it does make sense. Perfection versus real world application but not shoddy.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    36 ROKIT, Nostrebor and Stogy like this.
  16. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I used to watch some of those tv shows on Speed Chanel and Discovery. Most were barely watchable unless you're into manure. The painter on Coddington show was good though. Too much fake deadlines and other BS. Footers show wasn't bad except they never offered to redo o e of my cars.
    As far as ITG is concerned I've watched a few but it seemed they were about finding parts and doing tours so I'll have to dig dealer to findd the instructional ones...

Friday evenings it's Mart Garage for me and Saturday afternoon I love to watch Cold War Motors. Marts Garage is very educational for those trying to do their own stuff without breaking the bank. CWM is broken into segments from metal and body work, painting, "will it run", Classic Darts, old tires, Deans Greasy Flips, and more. A lot of fun.
    A number of years back I watched a six part motorcycle build show. "Grumpy owner, young buck, and a very seasoned vet. Tried for the usual BS but they couldn't pull it off as they were a lot more friendly and respectful and it showed through. Never went beyond the six episodes...hmmmmmm?

17. IronTrap

IronTrap

Wow thanks Ryan and everyone for the kind words!

Since day one I just wanted this channel to be a true representation of the hobby and what it’s all about. That’s why we try and spread the video topics out between how to, build updates, parts scrounging and event coverage to sorta take it all full circle from the day you drag that POS out of a field or barn until that first cruise where it all becomes worth it. I’m just glad so many people dig it.

Thanks again!

-Matt/ITG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

18. bowlingball

bowlingball
    from Australia

I give it a big thumbs up from down under! Keep up the good work Matt!

mad mikey and Stogy like this.
  19. finn

finn

Been following Iron Trap three times per week religiously for over a year now. Made me realize how much I hate fake drama and overproduced television

Just started watching Fitzee, too.

Pretty much the only tv I watch, except for the Packers and some NASCAR.

20. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

I like Iron Trap, and Fitzee too

TagMan and 46international like this.
  21. WOW! almost 2 whole pages and EVERYONE is in agreement that Iron Trap is cool. I don't think this has ever happened with any topic here.
    I think Matt hosts some type of "church" on sundays, where guys can just show up at his place to talk shit and check out what he has been up to. As I'm just a couple of hours south in Maryland I have wanted to get in the "A-Rod" and run up there, with the Covid or just out of being lazy I have not done it. Maybe this spring.

mad mikey, jim snow and kidcampbell71 like this.
  22. Ziggster

Ziggster

I’ve watched a few. Thought they were great and appreciate the down to earth attitude. It is true, I find that there a scant few hotrod channels that I watch on YT.

23. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I have only watched one show on youtube of Matt. It was ok but I don't spend much time there. Someone put up a link to Matt's build threads here on HAMB and they are ones that I had followed but did not recognize that they were Matt's. I found those threads informative and well written.

Matt, I hope you find the time to keep on showing your builds here at HAMB. Thanks for those in the past.

KJSR likes this.
  24. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

If you guys haven’t noticed you can go to the play list tab on the YouTube page and watch all of a series. Like you can watch online the free T episodes or just the junk hunting episodes etc.

kinda neat if you wanting to catch up on just one build.

another fantastic one to check out is “This Old Hotrod” not recalling his screen name here but it’s TOHR / this old hotrod on other social media

edit: @Mikel50

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Unclekeg, mad mikey and jim snow like this.
  25. Mikel50 is "This Old Hot Rod's" HAMB name. Awesome stuff. Very active fella'. North East hot rodders for the win.

chopo, Unclekeg, mad mikey and 4 others like this.
  26. did not know that, thanks

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. jaracer

jaracer

Like many here, I have been watching Iron Trap Garage for quite a while. It makes the un-initiated appreciate the amount of time it takes to fabricate bits ad pieces. I'm also impressed with the fact that Matt will tackle things in which he isn't already proficient.

There is another guy, Chevaholic who is a very good fabricator. Mrhevychevy is also pretty good and always entertaining.

mad mikey likes this.
  28. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

celebrating-the-dachshund-bobblehead-6753651837108643.3-s.png Here's another cool site.

29. dek

dek
    from uk

i often wonder where matt finds the time, between working a job , building cars, and picking trips etc and filming editing and posting it . respect

mad mikey likes this.
  30. egads

egads

Interesting -- seems like a pretty cool guy.

mad mikey and kidcampbell71 like this.