Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Are you a member of a car club?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 30, 2020.

1. I used to be, but there were too many jerks like hotrodjack33 who brought his dog to a cat club and bitched and moaned about how there were no classes for his mongrels until the cat people all left. Then he made lame attempts to "guilt" the cat people into joining "his" club because of all the wonderful things he was able to coerce other people into doing.

I thought car clubs were supposed to be for helping each other build their cars, and then enjoying them once they were safely on the road. Not power parking, restaurant support and making yourself feel better because you belittled people who don't think and act like you.

Some would say that if you want to be in a club that supports charities then you should join the Kiwanis.

j3harleys, Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. We started in 1984. At present we have about 30 members. We attend as many shows as a club as we can, but it’s difficult at times. IMG_1054.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. My wife had this cake prepared for desert at one of our meetings.
    The TY-RODS of Massachusetts.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.[​IMG]

4. Deuces

Deuces

Looks like cheese cake......yummy!:)

lothiandon1940 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  5. Once again...each Australian state has its own rules. They are not the same.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    chryslerfan55 and clem like this.
  6. The ASRF is the national street rod organisation. The poster's state government has a deal in which it allows the state branch of the ASRF to administer registration of street/hot rods. The deal is that the state requires people to be a member of this organisation to be eligible.

Some people don't like the ASRF and are free to go through regular channels to register their cars.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. wicarnut

wicarnut

The 2 car groups. UpNorth Hot Rods and Northwoods Classic Cars, that I hang out with for the last 10 years, 1 group is down to 3, the other 6, age/health attrition, I'm the youngster of my Up North clubs at 73. I hung out with the "Losers" car group in Milwaukee Wi. area before retiring to the North Woods, large group, still very active, I'm their Up North division, membership of 1. All 3 of these groups are nice guys, no rules, dues, etc, the common interest CARS, Fun guys.

8. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WTF cats, dogs, mongrels??? The Kiwanis club?

That analogy makes very little sense...and couldn't be farther from point of my initial post.

But I'll continue being "the jerk" by promoting the idea that a Car Club can be MORE than a bunch of punks drinking beer in the garage and working on cars (although THAT"S still fun).

If we put egos aside and act like adults...good people in a good club can accomplish good things.

If you are resistant to that idea...you have my sympathies.

9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Of all the clubs there are I am a member of the AACA and a local chapter,the locals do not mind my not so original vehicles.

chryslerfan55 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  10. The LURKERS of Hollywood Ca. We see you , you don't see us.

Dan Hay, Deuces, Lil32 and 1 other person like this.
  11. I have given this some thought. Deep deep thought and have come to the conclusion that I would not belong to a club that would have someone like me. :D

12. I belong to a couple of clubs by adoption! They adopted me. GEEZERS, Rt.66 Car Club (St. Clair, MO), and Colorado Springs Rod & Custom Club.

I started going to breakfast with a bunch of hot rod guys in FL, and one of them came to me and asked if I wanted to join their club. My response was, "How much is this gonna cost me?" He said, "Just buy one of these plaques for 30 bucks, and get a hat or tee shirt!" I said, "OK! So, now I'm a "GEEZER"!

It's a HOT ROD NON-CLUB car club. The only rules are, you have to have a collector car and show up at breakfast or a cruise-in once in a while. Sounds good to me!

IMG_3153.JPG
    IMG_3152.JPG

13. Yeah, you're right, I had thought that I'd made it simple enough for even you, but "...promoting the idea that a Car Club can be MORE than..." shows that you are still trying to push your agenda ('dog owner at a cat show', ya get it?) and perverting the idea of a car club (without caps) being primarily focused on the car. Also, I'm not sure you really wanted to insult half of the HAMB by referring to them as punks (although many do identify that way, but it's not up to you to dump them all in that category - folk who drink beer, or anything, for that matter, aren't necessarily punks, but people who can't figure out non-binary number systems usually can't make sense of such nuances). "[G]ood people in a good club can accomplish good things..." is verification that your "good club" should be a service-oriented group like the Kiwanis or Moose or Lions or anything else. Not a car club! If YOU want YOUR club to be a wanna-be-Optimist group, that's fine, but you're WAY off base by throwing a childish attitude at the rest who don't want to be like you. You are not qualified.

Anything else you say on the matter, to paraphrase Dr. Leonard McCoy, "is unimportant and we do not hear your words."

bowlingball, chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  14. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Again WTF. I don't understand your need to take my post and turn virtually every thing I say into one of your negative, bizzaro interpretations.

Now I'll try to explain as simply a possible in hopes it may inspire someone to be less like you.

The Triple Cities Street Rods club has been around for 49 years
    We have been doing a Car Show since 1975 (46 years)
    Because we are all friends (40+ members) and can act like adults, we work well together and put on a good, family oriented Car Show...isn't that one of the things a Car Club should do? (you have been to a Car Show haven't you?).
    After 46 years, we have gotten so good at it, that the Show has grown almost beyond what we can handle (that's a good thing).
    Between registrations, spectator donations, 50/50s Chinese Auction etc. we bring in many thousands of dollars...that we donate within our community

So let's recap The Triple Cities Street Rods is...
    A Car Club that cruises together, helps out each other, and are pretty much all friends.

A Car Club that puts on a family oriented Car Show...which benefits the Car Hobby, other Car guys and their families.

A Car Club that through hard work and dedication, just happens to bring in a lot of money putting on a Car Show and donates that money to local Charities, Fire Departments and Food Banks.

A Car Club that strives to be an asset to the community and promote a positive view of Hot Rodding.

Again, Good people in a good Club can do good things.

Triple Cities Street Rods | Rome, PA 18837

If any HAMBers (besides @nitrobrother) think any of this is such a terrible thing, I welcome your input

15. I'm going to make some popcorn.
    Never been a member of a car club...........

clem, olscrounger and Deuces like this.
  16. WhatAmIDoing

WhatAmIDoing

No, but I’d like to find one...

17. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I belong to the Knights of the mystic sea lodge club. I am the grand ruler. So far I am the exhaulted sea ruler. I am the only member. If you want to join send $19.95 to me plus shipping and handling. If you want the deluxe membership, just pay a separate fee.

18. bowlingball

bowlingball
    from Australia

I Have associated with a few clubs in the past and heard all the bitchin and politics, so I just run with a few like minded buddies, and we stay clear of most of the car clubs and sanctioned runs etc we just do our own thing, good luck to those that choose to though and enjoy it, just never been into it really

Lil32, Deuces and j3harleys like this.
  19. Car clubs can be so many different things. Each one of us, for reasons that are going to be different for each of us, need to find (or organize) the club that offers what we are looking for in a club. It's not up to anyone else to say what kind of club or what your club activities should be. If you don't want to belong to a club, I'm OK with that too. :cool:

20. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This thread is really intense!

Deuces likes this.
  21. grumpy65

grumpy65

Let me guess.
    Membership acceptance entirely at the discretion of the 'Exhaulted Sea Ruler'.
    Application fee is non-refundable.

:D:D:D

Sandgroper, Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. fortynut

fortynut

I am a member of the Redneck Car Club of Hamilton, Alabama. We met once to decide on a name. Rednecks don't need much in the way of clubs to do their thing, so I would have to say in effect having a club is waste of time because we are already Rednecks. And, like a fellow on TV said, "Once a Redneck, always a Redneck."

23. mike bowling

mike bowling

24. Oldb

Oldb

I joined the local car club a few years ago. A great bunch of people that I enjoy being around.
    B Walla Walla Cruisers Plaque.jpg

Attached Files:

Jalopy Joker, Lil32, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  25. gsjohnny

gsjohnny

i used to belong to a club in enfield ct called the rpm's club. they said they started in the mid 50's(?).
    i started a buick gran sport car club in 1980. it's still going, members from all over the northeast. we hold a big car show/race in sept at cecil and some smaller ones in different localities. only buick club better is the buick club of america, circa 1966.

Deuces and hotrodjack33 like this.
  26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

27. ^^^ I like the little cowboy guy in the roadster!

28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

^^^ The Douglas Dukes and The East Valley Cruisers were started by original members of The P-Town Push Rods, which started in 1994

29. coupe man

coupe man

Been a member of the"Wheels Of Time" of the Lehigh Valley,Pa. since the early 80's.

30. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I was thinking of joining one out by Detroit, but a few buddies out that way that used to be said that it was too much drama. Is that a thing? Car club drama? I'm all set on drama of any sort, so...