Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Liz Taylor's 32 Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fischerclassiccars, Jan 2, 2021.

1. I'm looking for any information about this car. It belonged to Elisabeth Taylor. I have the original title with her signature. Issued on the 01/14/85. A guy named Jules Leemann bought the car on 04/15/87 from her, and shipped the car to Switzerland. As far as I know, did Liz Taylor got the car as a birthday present (she was born 1932). If you have any information or pictures of Liz Taylor regarding this car, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Marcel

Attached Files:

2. Which Elisabeth Taylor? There are probably many.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Deuces

Deuces

Nice drop top!.....:cool:

lothiandon1940 and mad mikey like this.
  4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

The movie star, Elizabeth Taylor spelled her name with a "z" Could own any car on the planet, but why would she own a deuce roadster?

X38, Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

[​IMG]

abe lugo, 302GMC, 327-365hp and 9 others like this.
  6. Maybe you could do a "real" introduction instead of just popping on here and expecting us to do your research for you.:rolleyes:

mgtstumpy, Deuces, williebill and 5 others like this.
  7. What does it matter who it belonged to if you are going to be turning it into a traditional hot rod. If you are not going to be doing that, you are on the wrong site.

mgtstumpy, Just Gary and hotrodjack33 like this.
  8. I bought a 1950 Harley- Davidson from Harry Truman but I can assure you he wasn't the same Harry Truman that was the President out the United States, name on the title is one thing but photo's of the actress herself driving the car would go a long way to help prove ownership. HRP

mgtstumpy, Deuces, williebill and 3 others like this.
  9. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I had Michael Angelo do some painting for me once. He was one of my students when I was teaching. I guess you could say I taught him how to paint. I thought Mr. and Mrs. Angelo were creative in naming their son.

Now back to the guy who bought the car from the actress.

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe Queen Elizabeth.
    Or John Boy's youngest sister.

11. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

Looks like an awesome car. Good luck on your search!

Deuces and winduptoy like this.
  12. Liz Taylor was briefly married to Virginia senator John Warner. I seem to recall that he had the restoration done and presented the car to her as a birthday present. OR it may have been the other way around...she had the car restored and gave it to him. Been a while and the details are fuzzy, but it may be a place for you to start. I think the resto may have been done in White Post, Virginia.

13. GeeRam

GeeRam

As did my mother, who was also born in 1932, in fact, she was born just a couple of weeks after the introduction of the flattie in March '32 :)

Deuces and winduptoy like this.
  14. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I once bought a '53 Ford F100 from John Glenn. Wow, a real astronaut's truck?...NOPE, just a local dairy farmer:(

15. When I bought my '31 A Coupe , I was told it once belonged to Henry Ford....

302GMC, chopped, porkshop and 9 others like this.
  16. In an actual effort to help, I suggest you might pose this question over on the Fordbarn.com. They are more into restored antique cars over there instead of here where we cut them up into hot rods.

17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry, @fischerclassiccars
    No real harm intended. Any opportunity to be a smart-ass, you know. I think we're extra crazy here this time of year. Actually, maybe this whole year. I do hope you find what you're looking for. Nice Deuce Roadster.

18. cfmvw

cfmvw

I went through basic training with a guy named Bud Weiser... what a way to go through life!

19. Rick, I was not joking, I really did buy my Harley from Harry Truman, I think he was from West Virginia. HRP

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  20. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

The service manager at the Placerville GM dealership was Richard Balls. Yes, he went by Dick.

21. I used to work with a guy named Dick Hurts

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My fourth grade teacher was a mean old lady.
    Her name was Elsie Cowan

Deuces, jim snow and scotty t like this.
  23. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My neighbors last name was Lichtenfelt. Never thought about it until I mentioned their name to my buddy. He looked at me and said...
    Your neighbor's name is licked and felt?

24. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Mike....Mike Hunt? (sorry, sometimes I just hate myself )

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The car doesn't show up in simple searches for Cars owned by Elizabeth Taylor although she owned some nifty cars.
    It's probably best to check the date the car was titled to her, figure out who she was married to then and do searches from that time frame. She lived on a 400 acre estate in Virginia when she was married to John Warner and that sounds like a great place to have a 32 roadster to run around on and maybe never be photographed with it.
    A lot of guys here are way too young to have seen a number of the movies she was famous for when they were new.

26. I couldn't stop laughing when I read that! I think I have a 29 that he owned too! lol;):):p:D

lothiandon1940, Deuces and jim snow like this.
  27. I knew a guy named Jack Shit. He got so sick of the jokes that when he turned 21 he legally changed his name. He is now named Dick Shit.

jim snow and Deuces like this.
  28. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Dip Shit !

Deuces likes this.
  29. Deuces

Deuces

Richard Headly....

30. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I had a bartender girl at the Moose lodge during a big full house party call out on the loud speaker for Mike Hunt one time. It was perfect, she started out with" I AM LOOKING FOR MIKEHUNT, HAS ANY BODY SEEN MIKEHUNT?" Everybody got it but her, when she finally did she was PISSED:mad::D:D:D

nochop and Deuces like this.