Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fastest you've ever been?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drewid, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

74 mph by gps in my Ranger bass boat, one passenger and half of one tank of gas. Slight ripple on water. Hitting a wake at full throttle on the water will get you airborn in a hurry and put shit in your neck even faster. When your ass is sitting about 2 inches off the water at 70+, feels like 100. They arent called "the musclecars of the lake" for nothing.

Deuces likes this.
  2. brady1929

brady1929

120 in my friend's 2000 vette. I wasn't driving but was amazed at how rock solid the ride was. Didn't feel that fast.

Deuces and Elcohaulic like this.
  3. Back in September of 2003 when DaSchaefer was stationed in Germany we went to visit them. We went to the Hotheads east car show/drags in Finsterwald and on the way back we were cruising 148mph on the Autobahn in an off-topic non-turbo 4cyl Porsche. I was impressed. 100 mph felt slow after that.

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces likes this.
  4. Matchless

Matchless

157 mph in my Mazda 3 Sport, still had some pedal left but I ran outta road......

Deuces likes this.
  5. kngfisher

kngfisher
    from Virginia

Unknown. 1972 Dodge Dart w/built 340 40over. I-95 back in the late 80s. Speedometer maxed out at 120. Was not that steady at that speed. Cops not working that morning or I just got lucky. This was long before cameras. Just about the time cops in the DC area started using grand nationals as cop cars. Oh the good old days of being young and stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wicarnut and Deuces like this.
  6. In a car, 135 mph, in my 64 Corvette. It got really light and squirrelly, and was time to get out of the throttle. It was a lot more stable after I put the radial tires on, but at those speeds, it still needed a front spoiler.
    How about fastest getting across an intersection?
    Back in the 60's I was visiting my buddies in Calgary for the weekend, and while in the pub, after consuming humongous quantities of 6% Canadian beer. One of my friends, who held the record for the 100 yard dash all through high school, got into a discussion with another buddy with a 430 powered 55 Ford. Prof, told my buddy with the Ford, that he could get across the intersection faster. Money was discussed, and the race was on.
    We all adjourned out to the street, where both contenders set up at the cross walk. On the light change, Prof, took off for all he was worth, barefoot! Buggsie was busy smoking the tires trying to get off the line. He started moving when the runner was about 2/3rds of the way to the finish line. It was a photo finish, but Prof, the runner beat the Ford by enough that it was a clear win.
    The whole evening got even crazier after that.
    Bob

7. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

I was a crazy 20 year old kid with a slightly modified 55 Buick Century (1961). Went way passed the 120 mark on the speedo chasing a hot chev. He was a couple of car lengths ahead but couldn't pull away. It took two lanes to drive around those broad sweeping curves on the freeway ( I 5 north in San Fernando Valley, Calif.). Must have gone at least a couple of miles before we gave it up. Thought about it afterwards. Decided I'd NEVER do that again.
    )

8. Callmaker

Callmaker

Back in 73, my buddy had just got a Roadrunner, wanted to see just how fast it would go, well when the windshield wipers blew up I looked over at the speed o and it read PEGGED....

9. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

At Daytona, I went 150 mph around that track, and on a racing kart, I have been up around 122 mph.
    It's really a lot of fun.
    Jimbo

10. End of the speedometer on a 66' corvette (big block car)...... then it did that tramp sideways thing them stingrays did...............made an already tense stomach drop into my sack a little. big ol'empty highway ,late at night.... I guess if it had gone bad it would have rated a local headline. funny, how at that speed every thing slows down until the balance is upset a little, then ya realize how damn fast it really is.

11. 31Apickup

31Apickup

12. Darin Younce

Darin Younce

Marchetti SF 260 , a little over 200 mph around 175 Knots, well I did taxi it out to the runway.

wicarnut, Deuces and 61SuperMonza like this.
  13. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

179.26 at Talladega driving one of Dale Jarrett's school cars:D:cool: 20210101_141102.jpg My average would have been much better if I hadn't been running out of gas on the first two laps.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Bob Lowry, wicarnut, Racer29 and 5 others like this.
  14. chopped

chopped

100mph, 1964 in a 57 Chevy six. Just wondered if it would.

Chrisbcritter, wicarnut and Deuces like this.
  15. sololobo

sololobo

160 in my friends Pantera

16. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

125.41 m.p.h. driving Tickety Boo at the 2020 Fall Out Drags 10.33 time slip.jpg

wicarnut, Bob Lowry, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  17. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Just a little over 400 mph.

Airplane!lol

Bones

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  18. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never over the posted speed limit, officer.

19. Splitbudaba

Splitbudaba

Back in early 1970, I signed up to go on an Functional Check Flight in an F4 when I was stationed at Cam Ranh Bay, South Vietnam. In early March I got to go, I know we went past the speed of sound somewhere out over the China Sea. Much later in life my 63 Super Gas Vette ran an all in 8.92 @ 162. Truth be known the Vette ride seemed faster!!

20. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

140 mph on the street in a new, twin-turbo Mercedes, during the day....

21. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

I have to agree with you...went 450mph in a L39 Chezch fighter training plane..it was more fun to me
    going 120mph on the back of a Harley Electro Glide at 11yrs old in 1960.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Splitbudaba, Deuces and Tickety Boo like this.
  22. Deuces

Deuces

Oh, I don't know..... Maybe 500+ mph when I was 10 years old... Flying over the Pacific ocean from N.S.W. Australia too San Fran... With a stop in Havaii.....

23. To get the full effect of speed, you have to be flying at about .85 Mach, (around 550 mph, depending on air temp), and at 100 ft agl. Then, you will get the feeling that it would burn the rubber right off your sneakers if one of them should touch the ground.
    Bob

24. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The fastest I've ever been?
    A very nice looking woman at the bowling alley bar and her friends at closing time. Good looking at closing time? True story. I was there alone. So were some other guys. As we're all beginning to file out of the place, she starts pairing all her friends with all these guys. "You go with him, he's with you, she's with you, you two are together..."
    Then she looks at me and says...
    "And you're with me."
    Well, skippity Doo Dah Day!
    About a dozen of us met for breakfast at the local 24-hour restaurant. After we ate, every couple went their separate ways.
    The grass in the park smelled sweet that warm summer night.

Oh... in a car?
    I was 12 years old.
    My uncle Craig's 1968 Dodge Charger RT 440 Magnum automatic. Soft yellow with a white interior. 120 mph.

25. This was my pass at the Texas mile. The track was very dirty with a lot of loose gravel at the big end.. texasmilecertaficate.jpg

26. Deuces

Deuces

:D;)

Rickybop likes this.
  27. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I recently went 288 km/h in the pass seat of my buddy´s OT Jeep Trackhawk.But it wasn´t the topspeed that blew me away, it was the sheer acceleration of this SUV. Holy crap. I was a bit boneshaken but if I remember correctly, it did 3.7 sec to 100 km/h, a little over 10 sec to 200km/h and Tom let off the gas at about 288 to catch the next exit. There were four of us guys in that car and it was going like stink....

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Deuces likes this.
  28. v8flat44

v8flat44

Not sure, riding in a pal's Astin Martin V12...too scared to look at the speedo...........My dad had a 1958 Lincoln Continental that the throttle stuck wide open on....i was 14, dove on the floor trying to pull the"gas pedal" off the floor. No luck so with the speedo needle out of sight, he shut it down. Flat out, no power steering or brakes....lucky we were on the turnpike...lots of room to get safely stopped.

29. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

The older I get the faster I was.

30. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was young and she was really good looking....I was trying to impress her with my fast car OT 911
    157mph got to take her home...I still love read headed women