Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rodders journal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROBERT JAM, Oct 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swifty

swifty

Noel, prior to the problems with #83 and 84 was TRJ still available at the newsagent? I gather the newsagents do not get their copies from Larry.

Lil32 likes this.
  2. 5window

5window

Maybe one of you should contact TRJ about becoming an agent and then making sure everyone got their copy.

Budget36 and Lil32 like this.
  3. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

Well I have not got mine yet, But I don't blame the Rodders Journal. I am pretty sure it is because my Mail man is not finished reading it yet as he is a Tight ass and a Hot rodder also.

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Be careful, I suggested something similar in a previous thread like this and I was given a brow beating by an indignant wannabe mail man :D
    With absolutely no sense of humor :D

Budget36 and Lil32 like this.
  5. 5window

5window

Let's not be sexist, it's 2021. Might be an indignant wannabe mail woman/person. And a hot rodder. :)

Lil32 likes this.
  6. Lil32

Lil32

Hi Swifty
    Happy New Year to You
    Yes my newsagent has been getting me 2 books for years now.I get an extra one for a mate who has cancer
    I keep a diary card and mark it each time one comes in
    First date on card is #49 received 8/12/2010
    Last date is #83 14/5/2020
    Newsagent gets the book from a central book distribution agent
    Noel

swifty, 5window and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just got my Rodders Journal 2020 holiday catalog out of our mail box. It seems like everything is running a little late there. I'm at a loss, how could anyone think I'd order more stuff when I still don't have the last issue of their magazine.

Phil

willysguy and Lil32 like this.
  8. @Phil P . Exactly. Since there is likely a money issue, as has been suggested, what better way to drum up cash, but to sell back issues, books and T-shirts. If you deliver them promptly, then people would likely order more, or tell others, to help support them through this year. I know locally, it works for businesses affected by Covid restrictions.

Lil32 and PoTaToTrUcK like this.
  9. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will say it was a nicely produced catalogue and in other circumstances I might be tempted to order something.

Phil

Lil32 likes this.
  10. I was told they were swamped with orders. I ordered multiple items on December 5th and its still not here yet.

acme30, Lil32 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. Fordors

Fordors

Well you’re one up on me, I’m near Chicago and my catalog hasn’t made it here yet.

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Week before Thanksgiving mailed a package from Nor-Cal to England using USPS, First Class. Took 4 days

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Lil32 likes this.
  13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Today I returned the copy of Garage Shots magazine I had borrowed from my buddy.

A nicely done magazine on par with the quality of TRJ and done right here in Edmonton.

At the same time I gave him my spare copy of #83. :cool:
    Happy new year for sure :)

F64AE3B5-9B3F-4623-971D-CD461332D067.jpeg 70A3B6A6-35FE-47B1-BCBB-053E3C12DD11.jpeg

14. 5window

5window

It looks like a good magazine, I'd like to know more. I do note that the USA subscription is $20 CA or about $15.70US more than to get the magazine in Canada. That's less than the TRJ subscription, but I figure there is some difference when mail originates in the US going to Canada and when mail originates in Canada going to the US. But, when you figure it is only two issues a year, that's an extra $8 a copy. They do admit on their website that the Canadian Postal Service charges way more for international shipping. I'd like to hear from a US subscriber to Garage Shots about delivery,timeliness,etc.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I’m not sure on the answer to your questions, possibly another member might have that knowledge.
    It’s definitely a nice publication.
    https://www.garageshotsmagazine.com/
    https://www.garageshotsmagazine.com/shop-subscriptions
    Pictures of the back issues on the second link.

5window and Jalopy Joker like this.
  16. We pay $6.25 US more per copy for Rodders Journal for international subscriptions so it's really not that much difference. International costs more.

17. 5window

5window

Agreed.Makes you wish for an open border.

18. Speedtwin

Speedtwin

[​IMG]
    Still waiting for my subscription TRJ #84 to arrive here in the UK.
    Good job the 2021 Holiday catalogue arrived in this mornings post..... oh wait!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Checked my mail yesterday, guess what showed up ? No it wasn't my issue #84 but my 2020 Holiday Catalog was here. :D
    Good job TRJ :p:D:D

Speedtwin likes this.
  20. 5window

5window

I am surmising that the catalog was mailed from a different supplier,and maybe even first class. Your magazine's shipped from a bulk shipper and stuck in a warehouse somewhere. :(

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  21. They haven't shipped our magazine yet. They are "trying to figure out how to do it" according to them. It's all a crock of shit. Last I saw on instagram they asked a guy who was bitching if he was on their email list as they sent out a open letter to international subscribers. Don't know about anyone else but I never got any email about the delays. Lots of buy more stuff emails as per usual but nothing about not shipping my subscription. Seems they just tell new lies everytime someone calls them out on their old ones.

22. swifty

swifty

Hi Noel,
    Belated Happy New Year back at you.
    Being a hermit I rarely visit newsagents but was surprised when I saw TRJ on the shelf for $22 when Graffiti was selling them for $30 I think. Pricing has varied at both venues since then. I don't buy TRJ myself but our son has a full set and even got #1 signed by Steve Coonan when he was at the Geelong Nationals. Definitely a top mag/book.
    Swifty

Lil32 likes this.
  23. Flathead47

Flathead47
    from ontario

Got my 2020 Holiday Catalogue today ..... Thinking if I order from this Catalogue today I might get the items by Christmas 2021 !!!!!
    Got a e-mail from Rodders Journal the other day stating they are still working on a shipping method to international customers for #84 , still no date when they are shipping them ...... but have #85 in the works ....... Rodders Journal I think you should worry about ensuring all your customers receive #84 before you worry about #85 ..... just a thought if you plan on keeping a loyal customer base.
    Hop-up , Rodding USA , Early Ford V8 club ( V8 Times ) have no issues getting their magazines to international customers ...... call them they can maybe give you some tips
    Sad part of this is “ Rodders Journal “ is a great magazine ..... just want to keep getting it.

Speedtwin and PoTaToTrUcK like this.
  24. Lil32

Lil32

Swifty

have ordered RJ #84 from Larry
    total cost A$46
    Noel

swifty likes this.
  25. swifty

swifty

Wise move Noel, expensive but essential if you want to maintain your collection.

Lil32 likes this.
  26. That's a lot of money to find out what Brizio built 6 months ago.:rolleyes:

(And I'm not just referring to the mysterious issue 84)

acme30 and K13 like this.
  27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I’m doing my best to not think that TRJ is circling the bowl and trying not to go down the drain. :(

Budget36, Speedtwin and PoTaToTrUcK like this.
  28. Like a big poo.

29. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Wait the catalog is a print catalog?

30. ...how can I get this magazine (book) or any back issues...?...is it in the new RJ catalog?...didn't get my catalog yet...
    upload_2021-1-8_20-47-40.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.