Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thread deleted? Why?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by AGELE55, Dec 27, 2020.

1. AGELE55

AGELE55

I just posted a thread and it was deleted stating:
    “Your post in the thread Plastic radiator repair was deleted. Reason: rat rods and frame swaps are off topic“.
    Where do I post it to be “ON” topic?

2. I suspect plastic radiator tanks are not traditional (not used in rods built prior to 1965), thus the delete.
    I would try JB Weld for this repair. Available at most hardware and home improvement stores.

Thor1 likes this.
  3. If it was actually a rat rod or frame swap, i don't think there's anywhere here it can be posted

Thor1 and Lil32 like this.
  4. Threads get deleted, I have had many disappear and I don't take it personally, you just have to move on and try to learm what not to post, reading the rules helps most of the time. HRP

Thor1 likes this.

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

6. AGELE55

AGELE55

Not offended, just cunfuzzed...lol. I have now been trying to decipher the definitions of traditional and custom as it pertains to the HAMB. I now realize that I was OT, even though it was an “oh, by the way” ,sideline question regarding a sideline project. The lines are a bit blurry to say the least, but I will say ten Hail Marys, ask forgiveness, And go polish my wrenches.

7. Lmao!
    I don't think the hail Mary's will suffice, i think you've gotta recite the flathead firing order ten times and sacrifice a billet wheel ;):D

8. Religious posts are also off topic man, it's in the rules.;):D

9. Heck, I've had 3 threads locked this month and a couple deleted, sometimes I don't know what I did wrong but I think the most recent thread being locked might be due to a member running the thread off track talking about the pandemic!

I was talking and posting photo's of good times. HRP

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  10. 886C17B5-CBDE-4364-BD7F-C82DBAD1C1EF.jpeg
    Sorry, that’s off topic. I’m going to have to close this one.

49ratfink, Thor1, X38 and 1 other person like this.
  11. And that's the kind of things that get threads deleted - OFF TOPIC CRAP! HRP

12. I wasn’t going in that direction...too bad he didn’t say “posting photos of Taxi, Mr Belvedere, Leave it to Belair,
    Carol Burnout or Charlie’s Anglias”.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Thor1 likes this.
  13. Holy crap! Lighten up, We have heard your “my posts get deleted all the time story”a gazillion times. Just throwing a little humor into it.

14. Humor is off topic? Be right back, gotta go read the rules again.....

rudestude, AGELE55, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  15. It’s in small print right after the “why my post got deleted” tutorial. ;) :)

rudestude and Thor1 like this.
  16. I understand if somebody is just being a dick, but you can kinda look around and tell who contributes to the forum. Feel like I'm being followed by a cop.

Thor1 likes this.
  17. Yeah I push it too far sometimes. Feel free to call me out (anyone). Its just my way of dealing lately with these crappy times. They give us a bunch of leeway though and ya gotta respect that.
    There are a bunch of guys here with a good sense of humor and I thank em for that. Makes my day!

18. rudestude

rudestude

Sorry I stepped on to this ride, I forgot too leave a disclaimer, or any lol's or Ha Ha Ha's after my previous post, do we have to start following up anything or everything that we say with explanations of intent for the wording or how we ......hell with it...no place is safe any more.
    Moving on...I did wipe up , or off , my mess first

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I apologize for my comment about being sick of social distancing and so should Jalopy Joker, I think his comment and mine helped get your thread locked.

Yet thread about 2020 cancellation collectibles is left standing, nothing about cars there.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  20. John, don't sweat it man, the moderators do what they think is best, any thread is subject to take a hard left turn and be deemed political or whatever, the moderator can choose to clean it up or lock it which the later was done.

Again, don't worry about it. HRP