Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 Fleetline Deluxe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RUSS BUCKLIN, Jan 16, 2020.

1. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

2. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Chevy steering shaft spline size didn't change for many decades. I put a '52 Pontiac steering wheel on a 2000 Chevy truck tilt column in my '39 Chev coupe.

[​IMG]

3. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

Update, I'm out of town for a while dodging corona while my business is shut down by the fantastic state of Washington governor. In my absence there, apparently, was a significant windstorm in our area:
    IMG_1898.JPG View attachment 4914961 Fortunately the Chev was moved into the garage before I left, but the BMW took a bit of a beating. It's the next project with the mighty redhead, it already got coilovers, next it's getting a Pandem Rocket Bunny wide body kit, new paint and a turbo. Sort of an old school/new school pair of projects

View attachment 4914962

4. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yikes!! Sorry to hear/see about the damage Russ. I've had to chase my tent down the street before (Whidbey Island windstorm) and I know how it sucks. Glad to hear that the Fleetline was protected, you've put a lot of work into it and I'd hate to see it set back.

Ah, living in the great Northwest is always an adventure!

5. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

I'm not sure what's going on, but I have posted a couple of pictures multiple times, the posts show as in the thread, but when I log out and come back they're gone. Anyone know anything about this phenomenon?

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I have deleted those pics several times, The Hamb is a traditional hot rod and custom site with a strict 1965 cut off and the modern BMW is off topic

7. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

OK, fair enough, but the picture of the wind damage? The BMW just happens to be in the shot, the damage is the focus of the pic, before and after. What is the problem there?

8. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

9. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

go to the top of the page, see the red envelope? click on it

10. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

Yeah, did that. Never been there before so was not aware of it. I also read the rules and guidelines you emailed the link to. Still fail to see how a before/after shot of the work area for a conforming project as part of the story of the build violates those rules.

11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

this discussion is best done via pm