Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A few from the Archives...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

A few from the Archives...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

midroad, jnaki, chryslerfan55 and 5 others like this.
  2. Thanks for sharing Joey.

What a great photo of B:)B. HRP

[​IMG]

3. hansboomer

hansboomer
    from new york

I love that Bonneville Buick. I wonder wht would make anyone build something like that. Did the builder have some secret knowledge of 1952 Buick aerodynamics? Did he have a stash of high performande straight 8 cams or supercharger manifolds? Did he have some unhealthy attachment to his grandmother's Roadmaster? Inquiring minds want to know.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Bonneville Betty was an interesting piece of art that actually worked and received land speed records. Built by Jeff Brock in a dusty art studio/shop, Jeff came to Bonneville and blew the minds of the Inspectors and fellow racers.
    First he chopped the top and only had a windshield,, you can't do that! you have to have window all around,, nope not in the rule book,, the package tray is a spoiler,,, maybe but not illegal,,, you have to have paint,,, nope you don't its not in the rule book,.
    So at this point I want to point out to bucket listers that want to make a pass on the salt,,, read the rule book and reread it and reread it.........
    Jeff had a dedicated crew that was there to get Jeff down the course,,,, They made that Buick Straight Eight Scream

There is more to the story of course,,, but that is for another time

6. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I have kept my files early on IPhoto then on hard drives but now with upgrades I have four hard drives spinning around and around. Why four? One backs up another,, I had a disaster two years ago,,, everything on one drive, but when I switched to a new computer I over wrote two years of Speedweek, never to be seen again.
    I suppose it is the same as water damaged or missing in moves negatives,,, I just 'found' a folder of 1993 El Mirage medium format neg in a three binder, wish I had time to scan,, they would make a nice book

kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

That may have been from YOUR first HAMB Drags... but it ain't *the* first.
    Neat to see an old photo of my car even if I'm looking like a total slob.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Don’t suppose they look low res because you took them with a phone 14 almost 15 years ago?

justanotherguy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. justanotherguy

justanotherguy

Hey, I see myself... barely. Nice selection of photos, Jay... brings back good memories.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. 2005 I think? The year I had the touring there. Still have that shot of us at the line.

11. The owners name is Brock and he found the car in the basement of his employer. My brother was freelancing for Hot Rod Deluxe on the salt and I gathered the car's the info while my brother took photos.
    Brock worked for a sawmill and made a deal with the employer to remove the Buick. I truly can't remember if the car was a freebie but I'm thinking it was...

hansboomer, kidcampbell71 and Tim like this.