Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Big daddy's 1960 El Camino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 18, 2020.

1. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gee Lloyd, I don't recall ever hearing you mention her name...or does she prefer her anonymity...because she's married to you:eek::p

2. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Nothing good ever came from putting a car under a tree! Move it far enough away that even if the tree fell, it would miss the Elco.

loudbang, 427 sleeper and scotty t like this.
  3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yeah, and wet leaves laying on the roof and in the drip rails make rust.......

4. That's Ashley Stone my friend :D

loudbang likes this.
  5. C'mon guys! We all know it won't be outside long ;) space is at a premium when I'm busy in the shop! I had posted somewhere on here a while back about my new shop and how much more room I would have, but thanks to a termite invasion of the main beam and floor joists in my house, that was put on hold. :(

TFoch, loudbang and Peanut 1959 like this.
  6. I got an axle assembly for the car from a 52 Chevy truck. With a 4 3/4" BP brake kit. On the local hunt for a small block to start on. :D and the only floor pans I've seen are a generic looking pan, side from a full one piece floor pan. So I'm thinking I'll make the floor myself.

7. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

FYI In 1962 I bought a retired 60 Chevy Bel Air Super Stocker. While swapping the rear end to a 4.56 I discovered it had two upper control arms from the factory.

Tickety Boo and loudbang like this.
  8. I did some impala floors a couple years ago. The patch parts are OK and are faster than making them. 59/60s aren’t as well supported in sheet metal as the 61-64.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/a-tail-of-two-fins-59-impala.1029415/
    there is a floor pic in this thread somewhere
    When the floor was finished, the guy understood why I suggested the 1 piece floor. All 6 patch panels were butt welded. Plus the homemade pieces. Very time consuming

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Atwater Mike and loudbang like this.
  9. Yeah Ecklers shows the one piece floor for $819, and at the moment there is 30% off orders over $500. But... I'm not anywhere near ready to start on this car yet. Just the nature of the beast lol. I'm spending money on momma's truck at the moment. Trying to collect everything to get it going. Gotta be good to her ;)

10. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

I bought an old 40 Ford coupe one time, and some previous owner had cut a floor out of a later model car and grafted it in place. I think it was out of a Mustang........the neat thing about it was that if you got a floor and the seats out of a car, when you get the floor in place..........the seats bolt right in.:p

11. AC Chapman

AC Chapman

12. Thanks man

loudbang likes this.
  13. That's a good idea, I'd never find anything that would fit lol

loudbang likes this.
  14. Just a shout out to @427 sleeper , made me a HELLUVA deal on a T10, it still amazes me the type of guys around here! It really reminds you that car guys are the best people in the world! @scotty t and @chevy57dude , you guys are in this group too! You've all helped me out of some shit storms and i appreciate ya ;) don't ever hesitate to ask if you need anything from me.... thanks guys:D 20210101_160151.jpg

reagen, scotty t, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hadn't seen your El Camino till just now, Lloyd. Cool man.
    Straight axle... 4 speed...
    Heeheehee...

16. @427 sleeper did you right, T10's typically have a lower 1st gear than Muncie. Do you have a shifter?

17. No all i have is 3 speed shifters. I've got the bellhousing and a flywheel. I had a muscle car years ago that had an inline shifter in it, I loved it! So I was looking online for one... HOLY SHIT!!! those things are stupid money! Maybe they'll actually be a swap meet around here this year :rolleyes:

18. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell Lloyd, I'm just glad you can use it. ;) Besides, now I have more room to store shit that I'll never use! LMAO! :D

scotty t, loudbang, Rickybop and 2 others like this.
  19. And yeah, Jedd is badass :cool:

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  20. Man you're fucking awesome ;) came home from a 48 hr shift full of death and bullshit, to find a crate on the back porch, made my day!! Might sound petty, but i appreciate it, and i mean that man :D

21. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ooooh stop... you're making me Blush. :oops: LOL! We gotta help eachother out when we can Brother! That's what this shit's all about! :D:cool: If the shoe was on the other foot, there's no doubt in my mind you'da done the same for me! ;)

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Vert-i-gate" if I remember right. Had one, too. Good shifter.

23. You're a good man, look forward to shaking your hand and moonshine shots at the dragstrip ;)

scotty t, loudbang and 427 sleeper like this.
  24. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Let me get this straight.
    @Lloyd's paint & glass
    &
    @427 sleeper
    427 lives in Illinois and Lloyd, you live in Kentucky. And if I've got this right, the two of you never met? Yet this transmission arrives somewhat unexpectedly... and Lloyd isn't missing an arm and a leg.

I'm glad to even know OF people like you guys.

25. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

..neat.

26. That's it in a nutshell.

27. Very cool! Some of the best folks hang out here and it is always encouraging to hear these stories. Especially in such a screwed up world we live in anymore.

28. Hey fellas, I've searched around on Google already, but any ideas on a supplier for some patch panels for a 60 El Camino? Quarter panel, front of the wheel and rear.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will any quarter patch's for an Impala work? If they're even available.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.