Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration REDO!!!: HAMB Auction for The Virginia HAMB Special - See Post 19

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brett4christ, Nov 18, 2020.

1. EDIT: Fast forward to post 19 for the REDO!!

Many of you that follow land speed racing may have been following John Mullen (@john mullen) and his Virginia HAMB Special race truck competing in XO/PP classification, driven by Dave Russell (@D-Russ). John and his small team of Heaps CC members turned pit crew are redefining the term “grass roots” racing!

For those of you just now crawling out from under your cozy little rock, here's the "rest of the story"...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/xo-pp-bonneville-project.1091049/

This season, the team suffered setbacks, both off and on the track. To help out, I’m holding a HAMB auction for a set of my pinstriped Christmas ornaments, with all proceeds going to the 640 XO/PP team.

The auction will run until midnight Thanksgiving Day. The post with the highest bid before the last stroke of 12 wins the set, and I’ll cover continental US shipping. Offshore/international winner will need to cover the difference.

Here we go...bid high! John and the team wants to go back to Bonneville in 2021!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Colors are as close as I could get to Washington blue and Wimbleton White! Thanks for bidding!!!!

UPDATE!!! John has sweetened the pot...see post 11!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

4. Wow Brett, thank you so much for doing this! We greatly appreciate the kind thought and the monetary help!

5. @D-Russ , I'm glad to help out! I have the ability and desire, so why not use it for good! Y'all have busted your butts to help John realize his dream...consider this my butt-bust!

6. Out of reach for me but Brett is to be commended for offering up his God given talent to help sponsor this team. HRP

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Kudos to all .

8. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

chryslerfan55 and D-Russ like this.
  9. I'll sweeten this with 2 free Tee shirts shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states to the final bidder

10. ken bogren

ken bogren

11. John sweetens the pot!!!!

This year's T-shirt design...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Thanks Brett, very generous.

Fyi Brett's handiwork is featured on the race truck as well!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    chryslerfan55 and 57Trucker like this.
  13. And I might add Brett came up from Greenville N.C. to do stripes on the truck . Wouldn't take anything for his work.

14. CONGRATULATIONS to @ken bogren !!!! I'll be in touch via private message to get your info!

And thanks to all for looking!

15. ken bogren

ken bogren

I'll tell ya what Brett, you run the auction again and I'll just send John the $200.00 to support his project.

16. Heja Brett, i just see red XXX instead of the pics

17. Check the photos now...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. Ok guys and dolls,

We had a winner and he's taken the high road!!! @ken bogren has chosen to donate his winning bid to the team and NOT take the ornaments!

SO...at his request, I am re-running the auction! Another chance for anyone following (or just starting to follow) the Virginia HAMB Special Land Speed Race Team to chip in and help them on their run for a record on the salt! Bid high and bid often! Winner gets a set of my hand-painted pinstriped ornaments and helps fund John Mullen's race truck running in XO/PP class.

Winning bid at midnight eastern time Thursday night will win. I will spring for shipping as soon as John received the donation.

Ready......BID!!!!

19. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

20. $75

A huge thanks to Brett and Ken for their generous donations! The entire team appreciates it more than you can imagine. It really does make a difference in achieving the goal!

Dino 64 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. john W.

john W.

Great job!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. Better start bidding folks. Because I’ll for sure be claiming them to hang on my tree this year :p:D

23. LAST CHANCE!!! Ends TONIGHT at midnight!!!

Help the 640 XO/PP team out!!

24. I don’t wanna miss out! So I’m gonna raise my bid to $100 :D

25. Winner Winner...Chicken Dinner!

@ClutchDumpinDan will be celebrating the Christmas season in STYLE!!!

Thanks to all that participated! I also strongly suggest that you follow along vicariously with the team as they press forward with their collective dream of setting a record in XO/PP! These guys are a special group! great documentation and knowledge, and their stories capturing their escapades make you feel like you're on the trip with them!

Go get that record, Guys!!

26. On behalf of myself and team 640 I want to thank Brett4christ and all who participated in the auction
    We appreciate the funds raised and the people who bid to show support for the project.
    Also wish to thank Ryan for allowing Brett to post the auction.
    Thanks to all.
    John and team 640

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  27. Thanks again to Brett for offering this up. His work is fantastic and will be enjoyed for many years to come!

F72DB4F6-FE92-4AF4-9D82-8B59E89355B8.jpeg

9736CC78-B95C-406E-980C-E0573DA61402.jpeg

28. Glad you like'm @ClutchDumpinDan ! And thanks for sharing them on the tree!

ffr1222k, saltflats and Budget36 like this.