Register now to get rid of these ads!

HUBBA HUBBA my 32-4 Tudor tribute to Gramps

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Runnin shine, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Lol, I know your more productive than I Sir, but don’t Crayola(rub) it in Matt.

How about here?
    [​IMG]
    Crayons are cheaper than cut-offs.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    chryslerfan55, Stogy, dumprat and 3 others like this.
  2. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Colorado hill climb this year. Bring it!

(I might have to sneak across the boarder though...)

loudbang likes this.
  3. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

No way in Hell-Climb. I might as well give a piece of it to every H.A.M.B. member though if I can’t get it together for all 2022 festivities.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I will likely have broken or crashed my truck by then.....

loudbang and Runnin shine like this.
  5. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I had been quite happy with this simple basic combination until I broke a lens and the new bobbed rear end idea started.
    [​IMG]
    Got this guy and it fit in the Ford ring shape but the Buick screw holes don’t line up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I can modify the light bucket for the new screw positions. I can cut off the original placements on the ford rings. Move them or make the stainless “Chrysler” esc Art Deco strips and incorporate screw holes?
    Then the second lens with the Buick trim ring showed up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I like their shape too as it seems a little later than the Ford ones. I had my mind set on black rings to help the taillights disappear some. This chrome ring has just the right patina for my vision though. I still will need to locate a second ring to move forward.
    I’m alright with looking crazy over these details. I share them with you to give insight into the mind of a madman.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    slv63, brEad, Tim and 3 others like this.
  6. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Chrome!!

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  7. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

slv63, Nicholas Coe and Stogy like this.
  8. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I must have some crow or raven DNA in me, can't resist shiny stuff!

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Lovin those “new” lights

Stogy, loudbang and Runnin shine like this.
  10. Definitely old chrome! Hope you find the second one quickly.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  11. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

What I can find online so far is proving to be a struggle for ol’cheap ass. Early Buick lights are very steep. The lense style that I got for $33 and $35 for the one with ring cover, we’re supposed to be a unit. In the screw holes is a brass sleeve flared holding them together.
    [​IMG]
    So the broken parts on the one without the ring is probably from someone separating them.

12. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I’ve been way behind on hot rod and home projects ever since... well whenever. Really though things have slowed way down since school started. I still hadn’t put some shelfs up that would de-clutter a bunch of my hot rod paraphernalia I took down when I moved the garage door that goes into the house. I need to make a push this week nights to tidy up since I’ll soon loose the luxury of pushing bikes and other junk outside so I can move in there when pretending to build a hot rod. I hope one day the garage will look worthy of what it shelters. So I do mean to get it’s decor right with good bits and wall art. Sometimes I am out there pseudo watching the kids play on our street but don’t get really involved in the car. I’ve had this pic in my phone for some time.
    [​IMG]
    I think I saw a image on here in someone else’s garage the same day I was cutting shelves for one of the kids closets. So I hung on to some scrap and here and there for over a month I messed with some pieces. Today I thought I should slap some rattle can on before it got way too cold.
    [​IMG]
    I don’t know if it’s annoying or cool every time my daughter hears the ball bearing noise she wants to try. I said what the hell its 48 degrees out what can go wrong. She did pretty good and I’ll take the blame for the letters saying oh keep going who cares. I have to confess my old cranky boss(R.I.P.)was fairly perturbed when I ran the crap out of the first paint repair I got to spray and we had to pull it out of the booth and sand the hell out of my hangers. I used to be infamous for getting overzealous on the clear coats. Like father like daughter! She’ll be proud when she sees it. I had to glue it together as soon as the tykes fell asleep even though the paint is totally wet and kept sticking to my fingers. I guess I’ll always be a paint ramrod.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    slv63, Tim, brEad and 3 others like this.
  13. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

She paints better than I do.

Stogy, loudbang and Runnin shine like this.
  14. Love the sign and it will always mean more because of your daughter’s involvement.

loudbang, Stogy and Runnin shine like this.
  15. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I forgot to show everyone how tiny the spun tank is balancing on gallon coolant bottles. I’m considering a extra 3 gal. tank coupled to it somewhere. I plan to mount the 8 gal. with enough spare room to fit a 11 gal if need be later on. The tank will be under the floor and above some serious louvers! It will get a filler neck set up to so no filling in the car interior.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hubba Hubba progress may be slowing to a crawl for a while. For those that have followed for a few years a more. Me and the Mrs got the calls again yesterday and today pertaining to the younger biological siblings of our twins again. I won’t clutter the thread another time with the horrible details. We Have the two next younger boy and girl with us temporarily. The next younger girl after that is with a foster family(sad she was my buddy) and the youngest 3 yr boy is MIA, they think his father has him. Different dad to ours and the two we’re caring for. They all are on the spectrum and unmedicated and it gets pretty obvious and exhausting, not to mention the trauma they have. I may not have mentioned it before but we have had a handful of interactions with them all since the three stayed with us before and we cried uncle. They are older now and maybe wiser but more so trailing typical children and even more unkempt.
    So for the near time being I will focus on our household mostly and my fragile sanity. I will lurk as much as possible and still dig deep to sneak in any progress. I have to get the stuff out of molasses pronto.

slv63, chryslerfan55, Tim and 4 others like this.
  16. Damn! Could someone please do that for all of us?
    Great feature Shine. Looks real cool.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Good on ya for trying to help those kids. Try and keep your head screwed on straight. Good luck we are pullin for ya!

hammerd 31, Stogy, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  18. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

[​IMG]
    I’m trying to decide where I think best to make a mounting point for these retaining cables. I’m spraying the hardware red like the release button on the door safety latches. I’m digging that the seats will be quick tool less removal, seems aircraft or race to me.

chryslerfan55, Stogy, dumprat and 2 others like this.
  19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...;) @Wild Willy did something for you in Fridays Art Show...did you see it?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I don’t know for sure if I’ll stay with them or if they will work out but I got a couple of old Ford 37 taillight buckets coming to try the Buick lenses and bezels on.
    Like this one
    [​IMG]
    They will need some changes to my brackets too. Should add at least 30mph!

chryslerfan55, brEad and Stogy like this.
  21. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

[​IMG]
    Couldn’t resist this classifieds gem. And you know I will polish it and find a great way to mount next to the polished fuel filter on the firewall. Too bad it wouldn’t work with a separate Methanol fuel supply. Dang carbs would require totally different jetting.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  22. cool, what was it used for?

Runnin shine, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I don’t know how to do a thumbs up emoji but I’m sending them anyways lol

Stogy, Runnin shine and loudbang like this.
  24. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Not sure Ted, it is aviation and maybe military from what I searched so far. I easily located in google this other style that is a Parker as well.
    [​IMG]
    So I don’t even know if it’s 40s applicable. I can bend the rules a little for cool details that I like. I can’t imagine running into too many people out there who could successfully critique Hubba Hubba with all the details blurring their inspection. I finally got a old bean bag ashtray to place period change, bubble gum, match books and sweet FDR button from the 40s I’ve collected. I suspect it will rest on the trans floor cover where the shifter would have gone.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and tb33anda3rd like this.
  25. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

That Parker valve is cool. Lots of Parker stuff in helicopters I used to work on. 196o's manufacturing but still very cool. Is it aluminum or steel?

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  26. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  27. Changed mine to black rings and I am liking it!:eek: IMG_6788.JPG

28. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

[​IMG]
    I am switching from the nickel 32 vent handle to this original 40 cowl vent handle. You know I loves the oxblood knobs. I will weld a steel rod into the bead indentation up past the elbow and remove the two bolt holes and extra metal. Then give it the olive drab to the steel.
    Also planning a trap door cover like this for the battery with less old Dzus fasteners.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    brEad, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

[​IMG]
    Major fail! Man I was worried about it being close. Not even.
    I’m more inspired to play with the 37s and make better mounts than I did for the 32-34 buckets. The Buick lenses are way more interesting than 37s. I may take the easy road and put black bezels on the 37s with old glass lenses. It is my preferred color combo. Damn I was looking so forward to the cool glass. The Buick and 34s look huge now next to the shapely bullet. Other negative is the Bones boys run this style a lot. I’m expecting to get bashed all the time for my car looking like there stuff already. They are not the only Lakes dudes I draw from.

Stogy and brEad like this.
  30. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Bashed for your awesome hotrod resembling a bunch of other awesome hotrods?

man why don’t they really dial it up and bash you for looking to much like people magazines sexist man of the year lol

Stogy, loudbang, brEad and 2 others like this.