Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Plymouth 2 door sedan build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RMR&C, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

Just curious. Does anybody ever save the sections they cut out when they chop top,so they can "unchop" it later if they change their minds?

I know it would be a brass-plated bitch to try to reproduce the sections you cut out.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  2. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

I have discovered something positive about having cancer . After getting chemo brain,everything is new again. I am sure I enjoyed this thread when it started,but now it's new all over again!
    BTW,I am now supposed to be cancer-free.

3. Arthur, I do not know you so I cannot tell if you are serious or just kidding around - if you are serious you have a really great attitude and if you are kidding around, you are one funny guy. Either way, my hat’s off to you .....

4. I did save a couple pieces from the chop, only to maybe use for another purpose/repair. I can't see myself ever wanting to unchop it....

Good luck with your recovery going forward, hope you stay cancer free!

5. Oilguy

Oilguy

I love a tidy shop.

loudbang and RMR&C like this.
  6. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

Well,sometimes your only options are to to roll with the punches and make the best of it,or to weep and wail while rolling around on the floor and tearing your hair out. Providing,of course that you HAVE hair to tear out.

So why not choose to be happy/upbeat instead of being so miserable you make everybody around you miserable?

Life is for living,enjoy it while you can!

Jrs50, bchctybob, stanlow69 and 5 others like this.
  7. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

Thanks,latest PET scan results said there is no cancer to be found anywhere in my body. I have no idea where the hell it all went,and no interest in trying to find it. My previous diagnosis was "You have two to three years to live,and then we can give you these little pills to help you with the pain."
    MUCH better to be lucky than smart!

8. Awesome news on the clear scan! As you said, life’s for living and you seem to have a pretty good handle on that.

osage orange, loudbang and TomT like this.
  9. bubba55

bubba55

The power of positive thinking - I get up every day and say thank you. - now bring it on - keep on trucking

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

osage orange, loudbang, TomT and 3 others like this.
  10. Back to work on this......
    I've been looking for a better windshield frame for a while now, decided to see if I could fix mine. The outer chrome was intact, but the inner structure had rusted badly in a few spots. I got it looking acceptable, from 20 feet or so...
    It will work for now. New ones are available, but $$$$

11. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

I wish I could get up to the "looked acceptable from 20 feet or so" level. I think I'm at about a 1/4 mile or so at the moment.

Glad to see you back at work!!
    Bobby

X38, brEad, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  12. Got the engine mostly assembled...I want to set it in the car and get it fired up.
    1121201424.jpg

dwollam, Stogy, nunattax and 10 others like this.
  13. 1114201347.jpg Also working on my wheels. Making 2 wider ones for the rear.
    If anyone has any of these hubcaps they want to part with let me know!

Greenblade, dwollam, Stogy and 10 others like this.
  14. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Glad to see you working on it. Even better congrats on the good news, thank the Lord for a clean bill of health. I wish I had windshield chrome and garnish moldings, I wouldn't care how they looked.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and RMR&C like this.
  15. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Engine looks amazing. I can't wait to hear it fire up!!!

Bobby

16. loudbang

loudbang

Be happy :) nobody is yelling "hey you put a Ford in a Plymouth" like some are wont to do. :rolleyes:

17. Fired up the FE and broke in the cam. Everything is hooked up temporary and only used one carb.
    It runs sooooooo sweet! I'm pumped!
    Next I need to build my headers.

dwollam, wicarnut, triumph 1 and 6 others like this.
  18. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Awesome!!!
    Such a good feeling when you can hear it run!!. A bit nerve wracking to make sure you have everything in order so you can take the time to break in the cam, but when it all works out.... ...its gold!!

Good job
    Bobby

chryslerfan55, loudbang and RMR&C like this.
  19. JGIBBS

JGIBBS

Dang this thing is cool. I didn't know you had this project going, would love to check it out sometime. I hope to see it on the Salt someday in the near future! Have a good new years!

20. Been working on my clutch linkage....I think I have that sorted out. Also got my rear wheels welded up this week.
    1229200950.jpg

mgtstumpy, Stogy, dwollam and 6 others like this.
  21. Thanks Josh. Happy New Year. Stop by sometime when you are up this way!

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a story. God bless.

loudbang likes this.
  23. 0106210924.jpg Starting on my headers...some assembly required. I am building shorty headers but got the long tube kit for the extra bends.

Stogy, brEad, dwollam and 5 others like this.
  24. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

I like the way this is going. I can't wait to see the final outcome

loudbang likes this.
  25. Building headers is a trip...I've never tried it before and was worried I'd screw it up. I found I kind of enjoy the challenge though. Took me 3 days off and on to build the first one, the second should go quicker now that I have learned what it takes...

Stogy, brEad, dwollam and 3 others like this.
  26. RH side. I made it dump in front of the motor mount to keep it away from the starter...

0109211524.jpg 0109211527.jpg

lewk, mgtstumpy, Stogy and 10 others like this.
  27. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Looks awesome.
    It's something I'd like to try someday. Right now I think its beyond my capabilities.
    So, down at the collector, how do you get it welded at the inside where all 4 pipes come together?
    How do you get the pipes to mate up with the flange at the head?

Bobby

28. I'm sure you could do it Bobby.
    At the lower end, you weld the primaries together and fill the gaps before you weld the collectors on. Where the tubes meet the flanges is a little more fussy....you have to shape the pipes to match the port.
    I kinda copied some other headers which helped a bunch.

chryslerfan55, brEad, dwollam and 3 others like this.